If it's your first time in Thailand, I think you can follow the general guide book. Beware of the scammer near the Grand Palace. They will say the Grand Palace is closed for a ceremony and offer to take you to other places.  The Grand Palace is "open every day" from 8.30 am - 3.30 pm "even with a ceremony"!!! Don't take Tuk-Tuk, take a "metering taxi" only. Don't comply with any taxi which doesn't turn on the meter.  I would recommend a boat trip to see BKK along the river, the ticket is very very cheap too. It's worth the money.  Besides, I would suggest visiting a small floating market around BKK or spend one or two nights at Amphawa/ Samut Songkram. ( 14 floating markets around BKK  https://travel.trueid.net/detail/mDrV1EzLwx5

I have no info about BL or where the BL fan goes :-) But if you have a favorite actor and you want to see him face-to-face, you can check out his schedule from the FC and ask his FC to help you.  It's quite easy to meet your favorite stars in Thailand. You can take a photo with them too if they don't have so tight schedule.  Especially,  when you tell his FC that you're from aboard, the FC will surely get you to have a photo with him even with his tight schedule.  Thais are pretty friendly. 

Food: Yes, try a variety of foods as much as you can. Street foods have good quality and cheap (and of course, tasty!) 

Chiang Mai: Unique culture with history, nature -- good for hiking, visiting elephant camps and good foods. You might want to diverse your trip to Chang-rai to see "white temple" and "black house"  if you have time.

Lastly,  if you are a woman and go there alone, don't stay out late at night and beware of a pickpocket.

Have a good trip! 

Thailand is one of my favorite countries. I like is so much and visit it so often that I even can read and speak Thai.

My last time in Thailand was in july-augustus 2019 (พังงา Phang Nga) 

No but i would love to

I went to Thailand 3 Times. Twice in krabi with 2 different group of friends. It's a nice place to enjoy the beach, go for island hopping and just have some nice street food. Another 1 in Bangkok with my family. I would like to go to Thailand again but at a different place. Maybe chiang mai? They said its peaceful there. 

No, but i would love to.
Patajã (เมืองพัทยา)

Are you guys waiting for any lakorns to be subbed in eng