Lenses on Her Heart

erm... that would be august in the water (can't link right now cuz my account is new).

i thought it had a very strong atmosphere and it's probably my favorite sci-fi movie ive seen so far. has strong "denpa" elements, if anyone is familiar with the term. similar to serial experiments lain or evangelion. very dream-like experience watching this movie. would recommend if that interests you.

What would be denpa elements? What would be the equivalent is our American scifi movies then?

i honestly haven't seen enough sci-fi movies or really a whole ton of movies in the first place. only just recently have i started watching movies seriously - the end of last year. however, i don't really believe there is an equivalent to denpa in the west, it seems to be an explicitly japanese subgenre. the closest thing i can probably think of would maybe be twin peaks or mulholland drive by david lynch. sort of surreal stuff that messes with your mind a little. denpa literally means "radio waves" in japanese, and it is the idea that radio waves make people go crazy. so real denpa stuff would be the anime serial experiments lain. but it means more than just radiowaves - it's generally just psychological stuff that might be a little confusing to the average viewer and requires deeper analysis/multiple watches to fully comprehend. i'm not an expert on denpa so i can't provide a more concrete definition, but it's something along those lines, you sort of know it when you see it after you become familiar with the general ideas/atmosphere built among various denpa works. if you're at all into anime, another great denpa anime would be boogiepop phantom (the 2000 adaptation). I would highly recommend that one! though it is nothing like j-dramas lol.

sorry if this post was incoherent, lol.

Finally seen Godzilla minus colour, even better in black & white

the Minus 1 movie version?

seems like based upon how you described Denpe, you would probably like movie such as Invasion of the Body Snatchers!

ooh seems interesting! added to my watchlist. seems a little scary lol

Not really scary but real be scary as in no gore but really creepy!

Business Marriage

There's only 1 episode left but I enjoyed it ?

Oizys:

Currently watching You and I on the G-string . So far 3 episodes have been uploaded and I like it.  It's kind of slice of life rn but I feel romance is coming.

Thats a drama though

Let's Go Karaoke!

I was skeptical, but it was wholesome and sweet, people say its a BL, but it's a platonic relationship between a choir middle schooler and a mafia boss. It's oddly refreshing in how the mafia bosses treat the middle schooler. It's a nice story and a solid watch!

Hana Yori Dongo final (2008)

https://mydramalist.com/30-hana-yori-dango-final

Watched the whole series + movie  and loved it 

Mine would be all of the terribly dubbed martial art movies, especially one with Ninjas, and the Godzilla franchise!