I agree with most except with wanting the characters to die 😂 Thats actually the main thing that i hated about s1 and that i think is better in s2. I am a character-based watcher / reader so having the characters killed of just when you started liking them was terrible for me!!!! and then leaving the awful characters for a long time (like tha gangster in s1) is just annoying imo. I am not saying that a story should get rid of the villain immediately but i think there can be cool villains (like the frontman) and disgusting villains (like the gangster). and what is worst than a villain is an allegedly good character who turns into a horrible one like Sangwoo! he was my no.2 most hated character in this series… bcs s1 had so many characters i didnt like, i felt kinda meh about squid game at first…
interesting pov. Didn’t think about it that way. since I really liked s2 even better than s1, i can still understand and kinda agree with your opinion on this. Thank you for sharing!
interesting characters does not mean good characters tho...
I thought they were good. And I think the reason why some characters seem flat is bcs season 2 is basically just half of s1. There is now the story of Junho and the gangsters happening at the same time too.
I disagree with most except your idea of bringing Junho into the games 🤯 That would have been genius!!!! he would have been better suited to infiltrate it from the inside since he is a police officer too and did it before in s1 as one of the guards!
I agree with most of your thoughts except that s1 was better than s2. I prrsonally didnt like squid game when i finished watching it. Most characters were too annoying to me and the gore was just too much for me to handle for more than just one episode. But omg I am with you about Gong Yoo’s performance!
Oh hell nah! if they made s2 with complete new games and characters that would have been boring! bcs we know whats gonna happen. also the point of s2 and s3 is to stop the games!! thats the plot! and for it to to happen we need to know more about the old characters background stories…
sorry but I have to disagree. i think season two had more amazing and interesting chatacters than season 1. most characters from s1 pissed me off like the gangster, his stupid woman and Gihuns old friend. they were all evil and disgusting. even the old man. this season has much more meaningful and interesting characters to offer. the fact they have an old lady and a transgender woman bond and save each other’s life is such a hugeeeeee step for Korean society and movie making as well. s1 just played on the extreme gore and violence and nothing else. there were only 3 good people among the players (gihun, the north korean gurl and the pakistani guy). in this one we have more. also like did you even watch episode 1 of s2?? gong yoo and the two men playing russian roulette! that was the most intense scene portraying human fear to its finest… that scene got me so on edge and was better than any scene from s1
I first saw him in The King (which was the 3rd KDrama I had ever watched) so I naturally fell in love with him. This was in 2020. The second drama I watched of him was Mr. Plankton and again his acting was AMAZING 😍 (although his character in the drama was questionable…) I just love him and can’t wait to see more of him!!! he is a literal dreammmm!!!
Just finished Mr.Plankton and was not very happy about the script… Who tf wrote a story with such toxic characters??? And then when I saw it was the same person who wrote “It’s OK to not be OK” I was not surprised… she seems to have a tendency to create toxic characters in abusive relationships…
omg i can only agree with you!!!! And seeing that the woman who wrote this was the same person who wrote “It’s Ok to not be ok” is no surprise for me… seems like she likes creating toxic characters …
omg YES!!! I was comparing it to Alice in Borderland too and I also thought it was so much more well made (although season 2 was a huge flop imo and the ending very disappointing)
bcs s1 had so many characters i didnt like, i felt kinda meh about squid game at first…
I just love him and can’t wait to see more of him!!! he is a literal dreammmm!!!