Details

  • Last Online: 26 days ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Angeles City, Philippines
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: August 27, 2016

JhovLovesYou

Angeles City, Philippines
On Love Alarm Season 2 • Jun 24, 2026
How I wish 'Love Alarm' did not exist in Kim Sohyun's filmography. I've loved Kim Sohyun since 'Missing You' (2013), and I have been watching all her dramas where she's the lead. She's a good actress. But these past few years, I feel like she's been kept in the shadows. Her recent dramas did not resonate with me at all ('Good Boy' is an exception tho). 'Love Alarm' is one of the biggest factors why many do not want to see her onscreen—she gained a lot of haters because of it. Viewers truly are biased with just one drama.

Mind you, I did not hate 'Love Alarm', I hate that it is "overhated". I actually loved the idea, the lessons, and who she ended up with in the story—I just didn't like the execution, the pace, and the chemistry between her and the actor she was paired with in the end (I like the character tho and he's A LOT deserving to get the FL, but the lack of chemistry is the problem. Sohyun had a very strong chemistry with the first guy). How I wish people would watch 'Love Alarm' without bias and with an open mind to understand the story, and not focus on the handsome guy only. It would have at least made Kim Sohyun's filmography look better T^T
1 0
On Kim So Hyun • Jun 24, 2026
Person Kim So Hyun
How I wish 'Love Alarm' did not exist in her filmography. I've loved Kim Sohyun since 'Missing You' (2013), and I have been watching all her dramas where she's the lead. She's a good actress. But these past few years, I feel like she's been kept in the shadows. Her recent dramas did not resonate with me at all. 'Good Boy' is an exception tho. 'Love Alarm' is one of the biggest factors why many do not want to see her onscreen (she gained a lot of haters because of it). Viewers truly are biased with just one drama.

Mind you, I did not hate 'Love Alarm', I hate that it is overhated. I actually loved the idea and who she ended up with in the story—I just didn't like the execution, the pace, and the chemistry between her and the actor she was paired with in the end (I like the character tho and he's A LOT deserving to get the FL, but the lack of chemistry is the problem. Sohyun had a very strong chemistry with the first guy). How I wish people would watch 'Love Alarm' without bias and with an open mind to understand the story, and not focus on the handsome guy only. It would have at least made Kim Sohyun's filmography look better T^T
7 1
Replying to Ming Yi • Jun 24, 2026
Person Kim So Hyun
I really love her, I will always have a soft spot for her as she is the fl in the drama that brought me to kdrama…
Bring It On, Ghost is fun!
0 0
Replying to pomegranate • Dec 13, 2025
Isn't Dukgo the guy who invented the app? He deserves to be crucified for creating a dystopian app. Also, he was…
That's the point of the series tho. The creation of the app was the reason why many ppl were hungry for others' affection more (by getting hearts) to the point of feeling lonely that led to massive su1cid3. The app's downside showed us the importance of pursuing love genuinely in action and selflessness—in which why Hyeyoung and Jojo's love story is the important point of showing us that Love Alarm app is just a tool of finding love or feeling loved, but NOT totally reliable, but many ppl failed to see that point why Hyeyoung was a better choice for being more traditional in pursuit of his crush and in expressing his love without the need of being verified by an app.

Also Dukgo just showed us the reality of Korean society—ppl love those who are attractive, pretty privilege is a thing, and stalking happens a lot in there, too.

I meant that Dukgo saved this series bcoz of how he explained to Jojo what she needed to realize (mind you, the creation of the app was not solely bcoz of his crush, but bcoz of Hyeyoung's untold feelings to Jojo why he created it).
0 0
Replying to arukilee • Nov 19, 2025
Okay i'm finally starting s2 after holding on it for so long, but something i notice, it's funny that the dad…
Eungyeol (Humin) learned from his dad, Yichan (Suho) LOL
2 0
Replying to KatuRoses • Nov 18, 2025
Just finished sn1 pray sn2 is this good.
I just finished S2, I must say it's also good and more flexible, though to be honest, S1 had a huge impact on me, not just in terms of entertainment, but also on an emotional level. S2 is still highly recommended tho.
1 1
On Park Ji Hoon • Nov 14, 2025
Person Park Ji Hoon
I watched Weak Hero Class without knowing it's THE Park Jihoon I knew (Wanna One) T^T How can this cutie nail a character like Si-Eun? He's so talented.
9 2
On Weak Hero Class 1 • Nov 14, 2025
This exceeded my expectations. The main character is a very good actor! I applaud his acting skills. The last episode made me empathize with him.
I actually tried watching this because I wanted to watch the S2 because of Ryeo Un, but I guess the ML did so well carrying the show. I was about to jump to S2 already, but my brother told me that I need to see the S1 first. Good thing I listened. Good watch.
9 3
Replying to Rossellinique • Nov 14, 2025
Best part for me was that somehow I always thought it was Bogum, and some time ago I was like "let's watch…
Oh that's funny XD
1 0
On F4 Thailand: Boys over Flowers • Oct 30, 2025
Comparing all versions. If you easily get offended when it comes to comparisons, then no need to read this part.

Original Material: Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers) by Yoko Kamio (manga series)
Favorite versions: Thai and Chinese versions
Memorable versions: Korean and Taiwanese versions
Least favorite version: Korean version

Version w/ the Best Plot: Thai version
Best Characterization: Thai version
Best Actors: Taiwanese & Chinese versions
Best OSTs: Korean version (favorites: 'Yearning Heart' by A'ST1, 'Lucky' by Ashily, 'Love You' by HowL)

Best version of Tsukushi Makino: Gorya (Thai version)
Least best: Jan Di (Korean version)

Tsukasa Domyouji: Dao Ming Si (Chinese)
Least: Jun Pyo (Korean)

Sorry, I've never seen the Japanese one because I am not very fond of Japanese live action series (is it just me? But whatever adaptations they have feel forced, and the acting isn't givin'. I'd rather read manga or watch anime).

Full review here: https://mydramalist.com/profile/Jhov/review/506580
5 3
On F4 Thailand: Boys over Flowers • Oct 30, 2025
Of all the adaptations of 'Hana Yori Dango' (Boys Over Flowers), I think the Thai one is by far the best when it comes to the execution of events, plot twists and resolutions, and character developments.

I'll be honest, I did not enjoy it as much as I did with the Taiwanese, Korean, and Chinese ones. Maybe because one factor is that I know how the story revolves already, and I've seen enough tropes because all adaptations have similarities. I'm also mature and old enough to get too invested in this kind of genre and romance. Another downside why I did not enjoy it as much is because of the acting skills, especially the one playing Thyme (Tsukasa in the OG).

Full review here: https://mydramalist.com/profile/Jhov/review/506580
3 0
On F4 Thailand: Boys over Flowers • Oct 28, 2025
Now, I'm on episode 14, and still Thyme's acting skill is so cringe and terrible. He's angry, but was he? The only thing he could do accurately was being happy or silly, but showing his bad or sad side, he served nothing but weird expressions. I can't believe it. The other F4 members did better. The plot is good and new tho, this is what made me keep going.
What surprised me was how viewers praised the acting part at a high rate, saying that the guy playing Thyme is so good, like hello?? The one playing Gorya (and the wicked mother) carried the acting here.

Full review here: https://mydramalist.com/profile/Jhov/review/506580
3 0
On F4 Thailand: Boys over Flowers • Oct 8, 2025
Can't get past episode 4. The acting skills are so terrible, it's so hard to watch. Especially the ML, I couldn't tell if his eyes were happy, sad, or annoyed, they all look the same, and it's a waste of his handsome look. The 2nd lead, too 😭 F4 is a legendary group ever since how could the production did not do a proper casting? Among the F4, the one acting MJ nailed his role. He's the best actor among them four.

I finished the Korean (a long time ago) and the Chinese one last year, and I was so excited about watching this version, but this disappointed me. But I will try my best to finish it because the way they executed the events was good. I actually like the plot and characterization, it's the acting and facial expressions that made this bad. So far, I like the female lead.

Full review here: https://mydramalist.com/profile/Jhov/review/506580
1 0
Replying to JhovLovesYou • Sep 22, 2025
Oh, that's what I thought, but I continued. So far, it's satisfying.
Yeah right, my next watch might be Weak Hero. My siblings recommended it to me after they found out that I've been watching Ryeoun recently. I think he's one of my favs now LOL.
0 0
Replying to JhovLovesYou • Sep 21, 2025
Oh, that's what I thought, but I continued. So far, it's satisfying.
Yes! I was wondering why I missed Twinkling Watermelon in 2023. It's absolutely a masterpiece! The best series I saw this year in fact.

Well, thanks for considering. I think I just enjoyed watching bcoz I did not try to be so objective about it (and I really did not expect bcoz the rating was not as high as other Ryeo Un's series).
2 2
Replying to JhovLovesYou • Sep 21, 2025
Oh, that's what I thought, but I continued. So far, it's satisfying.
Yes, just a few minutes ago. Maybe I think I did not expect that much from the very beginning (after watching Twinkling Watermelon), but it's unexpected to me that I enjoyed it too up to the end. If you're not into historical, action, and political series, then this is not for you.
1 4
Replying to im sesame • Sep 21, 2025
I think I'm gonna drop this one or put it on hold. I figured out everything since ep 2. quite predictable even…
Oh, that's what I thought, but I continued. So far, it's satisfying.
0 6
Replying to MiZU • Sep 21, 2025
Saving these small details;~ Kim Si Yeol covering Hong Ju's hands with his sheet when she entered his room unexpectedly.…
The last one is not even a small detail to me. That was one of the most amazing big gestures. The minister respected Kang San for being loyal and humble.
2 0
On The Secret Romantic Guesthouse • Sep 21, 2025
I did not expect much from this series, but it caught my interest up to the end. I'm satisfied with the ending, and I especially liked all three scholars: their characters were a bit unexpected to me, except the main male lead, since it was too predictable.

I watched this series because of Ryeo Un (the main male lead) after watching Twinkling Watermelon, but it was unexpected that I'd like the two other male leads even more.

The title is a bit misleading to me tho.
7 0