• Last Online: Aug 24, 2016
  • Join Date: July 3, 2013
My Pretend Girlfriend

by rikali

May 2, 2015
This movie was slow,dragging at times and it seemed that the main characters didn't know what they were doing...at all. The story could have offered so much more but it felt like it was cut off. The ending left me not only unsatisfied but also a little bit confused. The acting was good,especially the younger cast did quite a good job,but sadly-and I don't know if it's because of the lacking story line-I couldn't really connect with the characters well enough to get emotional about the things that happened to them.Thus I felt really unaffected by their whole story. At times I was just very bored as there were a lot of things which were more than predictable and this movie had a lot of elements in it typical for Japanese melodramas. I didn't really focus on the music while I was watching it.It seemed to fit the mood of the movie though,from what I can remember. I wouldn't rewatch this.It's one of those movies you will easily forget because it just didn't affect you at all. If you're bored/not in the mood for anything uplifting this movie will make you feel even more bored and may leave you feeling annoyed or even a little bit depressed. It's not a movie I would recommend but at the same time it's not THAT awful. I think it's up to you to decide whether you want to give this a try.But you'v been warned: this can be quite a waste of time.