Choi Family mage created soul ejector

01:05:41,312 --> 01:05:43,523

Just as a Choi family mage

did 200 years ago,

01:05:44,232 --> 01:05:48,403

to make the Soul Ejector.

ShinHyeSunFan6021023:
It's a continuous process, traces of sorcery won't just disappear after her dad removed the Blood Worm from her body.

Good point. I failed to notice it. Thanks. :D

My crazy prediction for Eps. 19 and 20 .  Alternate Title:  What I hope will happen in Ep. 19 and 20

Shaman Choi shifts into So-i's body but is unable to open Jinyowon vault.  Jin Mu realizes she is worthless and lets her die a painfull death from the blood worm.  

Season 2:

So-i is now in the Queen's body and Jin Mu isn't going to help her shift back but somehow they are able to stop the petrification for a brief time.

Go won  (or Seo Yul) sends word to Seoho Fortress that Queen Ha-sun might be dead - word comes back she is alive because her lantern is still glowing.  They find the Queen (follow Papa Jin??) shift  her soul Queen is back in her body so she's fine.  So-i spends the rest of her life in a burned out hulk of a body.

Karma's a bitch, as they say.

And while I'm on a roll, I think Jin Mu will eventually figure out that Naksu and/or Jin Bu-yeon is occupying Mu-deok's body and will try to resurrect Naksu's frozen body.  I have no idea what happens during that process but the very last scene will show that the real Jin Bu-yeon is alive.    I believe Jung So Min returns in season 2.

Like I said - crazy.  

Kathryn_51:
Go won  (or Seo Yul) sends word to Seoho Fortress that Queen Ha-sun might be dead - word comes back she is alive because her lantern is still glowing.  They find the Queen (follow Papa Jin??) shift  her soul Queen is back in her body so she's fine.  So-i spends the rest of her life in a burned out hulk of a body.

ohh i just posted in the comments about my worries  with  the real Queen.  

I would like if your prediction is right! 

Omg so many things in one ep! And what a cliffhanger.. did Jin HG just kill her own daughter? Will JBY’s soul be revived? Or will it just be Naksu’s soul left? If it’s just Naksu’s soul left in JBY’s body, she’ll definitely need the ice stone. So is the voiceover in the extended ep17-18 trailer of Mudeok asking Uk to keep the promise he made of 1) they’re no longer master and pupil because she has regained her powers and unsheathed her sword? Or 2) does that he still needs to get the ice stone? 

I'm still so confused on whether Mudeok has one soul or two. I mean it makes sense that there is one soul, but So-i mentioned that Mudeok was always talking about her family and how she would find them. So I guess this means that Mudeok is Buyeon and Naksu after all?

Also I just noticed that after Mudeok regained her memories in the end her eyes got that blue color from her soul shifting.

Kate:

I'm still so confused on whether Mudeok has one soul or two. I mean it makes sense that there is one soul, but So-i mentioned that Mudeok was always talking about her family and how she would find them. So I guess this means that Mudeok is Buyeon and Naksu after all?

I guess Bu-Yeon changes her name to Mu Deok after she was "killed" by Jin Mu. Naksu is Naksu, when Mu Deok is thinking you can hear Naksu's voice(Not Jung so min's voice but the actress who play Naksu). 

Im sorry if I spoiled this for you, if you remember the scene when MD and Ch-Yeon was talking about Bu-yeon can trap mages power etc. In the ep 18 Bu-yeon created a bubble and trap everyones power and the only one that can use their powers are the soul shifters. That is why Naksu get her power back and killed Master Kang. 

I am very curious on why did you think that Naksu and MD/Jin Bu-Yeon is the same person(one soul)?I believe there are 2 soul in one body, maybe I'm wrong and miss som point, that is why I'm asking. 

I just watched ep 17 and here are the things that made me think.

So, I guess there really is no more doubt about:
1. Two souls in one body
2. They are cancelling each other's power

For #1:
When Nak Su lost consciousness, it allowed Bu Yeon to take over. Her memories surged, she was able to open her eyes (and see as well), and say, "mother".

For #2:
Nak Su finally realized something is happening to her … and it was her eyes hurting … whenever she is inside the home of the Jin clan. It was Bu Yeon's power "waking up" or slowly overpowering Nak Su's.

However, something is interesting here. Mu Deok's eyes glowed blue after Bu Yeon took over. This means that Mu Deok's eyes did not glow blue because of AoS or Hwansu, it _is_ Bu Yeon's power.

It now appears that the reason why there is no blue mark on Mu Deok's body was because Hwansu was used to transfer Nak Su's soul into Mu Deok's body. The question is, who did? At this point, it was possibly Bu Yeon herself. Somehow she can counteract the magic of a soul ejector -- as we were shown when she saved Jang Uk from it.

When Nak Su used the soul ejector (episode 1), since Bu Yeon was nearby, to save her she used Hwansu to absorb Nak Su's soul into her body. Since Nak Su is also powerful, their powers started to cancel each other thus Nak Su lost access to her power and Bu Yeon only gets to manifest herself when Nak Su is sleeping or their body "Mu Deok" steps into Jin home (or touch a Jin relic like the broken jade). Because Bu Yeon did that = no blue mark.

Over time, the glowing blue eyes faded because Bu Yeon's power also stared to fade from the body itself.

Well …  at least that's how it appears currently.

There is also, again, the issue of Bu Yeon having been called back from the dead because of the ice stone. Maybe she did not use Hwansu (in episode 1) but because she was "touched by" the ice stone, she has an affinity and possibly better control with it which also allows her to overpower a soul ejector.

With the ice stone nearby. It would probably allow Bu Yeon to … merge their souls? Nak Su + Bu Yeon = Mu Deok? She inherits the Jin clan. She gets married to Jang Uk. Jin Moo is defeated and Jang Uk is proclaimed as successor of Jang Kang. The Crown Prince becomes the new king … and they all live happily ever after.

Hmm…

RickRoss:
. In the ep 18 Bu-yeon created a bubble and trap everyones power and the only one that can use their powers are the soul shifters. That is why Naksu get her power back and killed Master Kang.

Correct. The power of the Jin clan is sealing. And maybe for the priestess it's also an affinity to the ice stone.

Another possibility is:

They are not cancelling each other's power, rather, Bu Yeon is the one sealing Nak Su's power. Since Bu Yeon only shows up when Nak Su is sleeping, the possible explanation is that whenever Nak Su is sleeping, Bu Yeon does not have to seal her power … she can relax and take over the body.

Nak Su's power is so immense that it is probably taking Bu Yeon all her power to seal Nak Su's power. So whenever they enter the Jin clan home, the power there is increasing the power of Bu Yeon even if Nak Su is in control.

It would also explain why the blue eyes (as of the end of ep17, it appears the blue eyes is Bu Yeon's power, not a soul ejector marker) faded, Bu Yeon has to concentrate on sealing Nak Su's immense power.

IM YourOnlyOne:

Another possibility is:

They are not cancelling each other's power, rather, Bu Yeon is the one sealing Nak Su's power. Since Bu Yeon only shows up when Nak Su is sleeping, the possible explanation is that whenever Nak Su is sleeping, Bu Yeon does not have to seal her power … she can relax and take over the body.

Nak Su's power is so immense that it is probably taking Bu Yeon all her power to seal Nak Su's power. So whenever they enter the Jin clan home, the power there is increasing the power of Bu Yeon even if Nak Su is in control.

It would also explain why the blue eyes (as of the end of ep17, it appears the blue eyes is Bu Yeon's power, not a soul ejector marker) faded, Bu Yeon has to concentrate on sealing Nak Su's immense power.

To add.

In episode 18 preview, the mages can not use their power. This points to the possibility that the barrier was created by Bu Yeon.

However, since the wild soul shifter is an abomination and doesn't follow the natural order of things, it still has access to magic (possibly from siphoning people's energy and using it as a source) (i.e. necromancy in other fantasy).

Nak Su can use her power inside the barrier probably not because of AoS … the soul ejector was not the reason she is inside Bu Yeon's body -- proof is the lack of the blue marker. Rather because Bu Yeon has to direct all her energy into maintaining the barrier she created. With Nak Su as powerful as Bu Yeon, Nak Su was then left free to use her own power. It could very well be that Bu Yeon is allowing her to.

OR, the ice stone has something to do with the situation as well, which is to Bu Yeon's and Nak Su's advantage.

IM YourOnlyOne:
It now appears that the reason why there is no blue mark on Mu Deok's body was because Hwansu was used to transfer Nak Su's soul into Mu Deok's body.

From my understanding, a priest can control souls so I don't think JBY has reached Hwansu and she is not a mage but a priest. I don't think you can master both as they are different.

IM YourOnlyOne:
Since Nak Su is also powerful, their powers started to cancel each other thus Nak Su lost access to her power and Bu Yeon only gets to manifest herself

A very powerful priest can trap a soul.

EP 16

34 – JBY is JHG’s favourite. “A really powerful priestess:

can control people's souls

and trap them to be helpless.

If the priestess traps their powers, even the most powerful mage is helpless. (That’s why Naksu can’t use her power all the time. Only when JBY allowed. But after ep 17, JBY has gone to sleep after remembering her past, so Naksu is free to use her mage power not. That's just a theory. )

I heard there are shamans who can erase or change memories of a soul.”

(This is the reason why Naksu didn't try to find out about MD/JBY before.)

IM YourOnlyOne:
With the ice stone nearby. It would probably allow Bu Yeon to … merge their souls? Nak Su + Bu Yeon = Mu Deok? She inherits the Jin clan. She gets married to Jang Uk. Jin Moo is defeated and Jang Uk is proclaimed as successor of Jang Kang. The Crown Prince becomes the new king … and they all live happily ever after.

If there is no rumour of GYJ as Naksu in S2. I have thought of that too & I would have agreed with you 100%. But it's a rumour so let's see.

Ahead:
A very powerful priest can trap a soul.

EP 16

34 – JBY is JHG’s favourite. “A really powerful priestess:

can control people's souls

and trap them to be helpless.

If the priestess traps their powers, even the most powerful mage is helpless. (That’s why Naksu can’t use her power all the time. Only when JBY allowed. But after ep 17, JBY has gone to sleep after remembering her past, so Naksu is free to use her mage power not. That's just a theory. )

I heard there are shamans who can erase or change memories of a soul.”

(This is the reason why Naksu didn't try to find out about MD/JBY before.)

Ahh good point! I've forgotten about those.

Ahead:
If there is no rumour of GYJ as Naksu in S2. I have thought of that too & I would have agreed with you 100%. But it's a rumour so let's see.

Or, it's a prequel. ^_^

More points on why they are two souls in one body.
1-10 in preview posts. You might have to go back a bit.

11. So-i, the old man who lied for MD & all the people doubt that MD (JBY) is blind.
EP 17
25:28 - So-i and JHG's talks.

12. JBY & Naksu were true to their nature before AoS in ep 1. One was foolishly kind and another was merciless & witty.

13. Naksu never used divine power in her original body and JBY never used mage power in MD's body. If JBY is Naksu (two personas in one body), why didn't Naksu use any divine power while in Naksu's body?

-----

I will just paste a full list in the comment session.

Created a new topic just for two souls in one body.