Fujihara Tomomi:

I wondered why she gave her sword to the Crown Prince too. If she wants to get her power back, shouldn't she keep her sword by her side? Or she thinks it's not the right timing?

She did that so the CP wouldn't have a chance to come back. Uk was not ready to face him yet, so she didn't want the CP to have any excuse to fight Uk again. She also can't unsheathe her sword right now. Once Uk is the official Cheonbugwan master he could easily get her sword back.

Aramintai:
So far I think there is more evidence for Naksu, however the last two points for Mu-Deok are pretty strong, but only if it's not Naksu's abilities. Could there have been two girls missing from about the same time? I kinda doubt it.

We have Park Jin talking about the constellation recorder's missing daughter.  Also, Lady Jin was there the night Naksu's father was killed. She also claims her husband is still searching for Buyeon.

jxxwxxstan:

She did that so the CP wouldn't have a chance to come back. Uk was not ready to face him yet, so she didn't want the CP to have any excuse to fight Uk again. She also can't unsheathe her sword right now. Once Uk is the official Cheonbugwan master he could easily get her sword back.

Ohh!!! That's why. I kinda freaked out when she did that XD.

For those who read Harry Potter, you might know what I mean about the horcruxes

What if Mudeok /Naksu /Jin Bu-yeon are all the same person but the soul was ripped apart just like Voldemort who created 7 Horcruxes/souls of himself so he could hide parts of himself in different objects.

But here in AoS, one of the mages  was the one who divided the souls for whatever reason. That's why when Naksu tried to inhabit another body, it didn't work because part of her soul, Mudeok, was close by. Then the mirror is another part of the soul, that's why when Mudeok  touched the mirror, her body was pulled into the mirror to finally be her complete self.

Voldemort kept dividing himself that he is less than human. Maybe in AoS, that's the reason why Mudeok is blind and weak,  not that I'm saying Mudeok is less than human, but just disabled.

Elle0807:

For those who read Harry Potter, you might know what I mean about the horcruxes

What if Mudeok /Naksu /Jin Bu-yeon are all the same person but the soul was ripped apart just like Voldemort who created 7 Horcruxes/souls of himself so he could hide parts of himself in different objects.

But here in AoS, one of the mages  was the one who divided the souls for whatever reason. That's why when Naksu tried to inhabit another body, it didn't work because part of her soul, Mudeok, was close by. Then the mirror is another part of the soul, that's why when Mudeok  touched the mirror, her body was pulled into the mirror to finally be her complete self.

Voldemort kept dividing himself that he is less than human. Maybe in AoS, that's the reason why Mudeok is blind and weak,  not that I'm saying Mudeok is less than human, but just disabled.

Cool theory! But why would they divide Buyeon's soul? Voldemort was trying to live forever. Why would someone try to divide the soul of a child?

jxxwxxstan:

Cool theory! But why would they divide Buyeon's soul? Voldemort was trying to live forever. Why would someone try to divide the soul of a child?

editing:

I was thinking maybe it was just to weaken her because she is to powerful and a threat to whoever the villains are.

Elle0807:

editing:

I was thinking maybe it was just to weaken her because she is to powerful and a threat to whoever the villains are.

Cool! So many interesting theories! The writers are amazing for this!! I can't wait to watch the next episode. They feed us little hints every episode, I wish I could binge-watch this 😩 

Could it be that Mudeok had no soul when Naksu encountered her? Mudeok was staggering around insensibly, perhaps because she was blind, or perhaps for some other reason.

We haven't seen anything of what might have happened to Mudeok before her encounter with Naksu, and AFAIK soul-less bodies have not been ruled out (at least for a short time?). We do know there is an artifact called the Soul Ejector (not Soul Shifter) which suggests that it's possible to eject souls from bodies. Moreover, it might be in performing the Alchemy of Souls that a soul goes to a nearby body that is easy to transfer to, which could explain why Naksu's soul entered Mudoek's (soul-less) body.

Against this, Naksu does see Mudeok in the "transfer-realm, " but perhaps that is literally Mudoek's body she sees. Also there would have to be an explanation of why Mudoek's body doesn't have a blue mark if her soul had been ejected.

what if mudeok and naksu were once a single soul? that’s why they can coexist in one body. the blue eyes are fading because the souls are coming together. 

or mudeok/buyeon’s powers were pulled out of her, and was illegally transferred to naksu (probably to save her from dying or illness). by that naksu’s powers as a assassin were probably buyeon’s. naksu’s original powerless soul must leave mudeok’s body so that mudeok can fully utilize her powers. thus, the two souls exist in one body because they are related. tho i’d prefer that they were a single soul split in half for some reasons   

it’s also possible that young naksu was already dead by the time of the switch, and buyeon’s magic is only thing keeping her alive. 

going by that buyeon is the real spring of the four seasons. hence, the pure love jade was broken because she shouldn’t marry uk since the original bride is still alive.

if mudeok and naksu are really two separate people, it’d complicate the love story. uk is falling in love with naksu rn. but she has to leave later since she’s just borrowing mudeok’s body and og soul is still inside. but naksu’s body was already burned  so naksu’s soul would be homeless after all of the problems are sorted. that’d be a shame. 

Cau:

Your theory of the  mirror/scenes being delusion is a very good one. Lets wait and see.

Not only Uk but Dangu and Yul  coud have been playing with  Bu Yeon.  So definitely The Mudeok´s body is not Jin´s daughter or there are many people who would have recognised her.  Probably Bu Yeon´s  soul is inside that blind body/Mudeok. Why? We dont know at all. And now  there are two souls, Bu yeon and Naksu inside her body. Confusing as hell. I hope everything will be explained. 

jxxwxxstan:

But Heoyeom recognized her ears. We don't know how long she's been missing. Some people change a lot from infancy to adulthood. Also, looks like Choyeon doesn't remember her sister, so either the age gap between the two is big or they were both really young.

The connections between Mudeok and Jin Bu Yeon are all really convincing, but (if she's still in her own body) I find it really implausible that even Bu Yeon's mother apparently doesn't recognize her after 10 years or so. And who knows who the ears that Heoyeom recognized belonged to?

A couple of other questions I don't understand, but may support the Mudeok/Bu Yeon relation. 

(1) Why do the birds and artifacts get disturbed when Mudeok enters the Jin compound, and she experiences an energy disturbance and seems to see the vault entrance (if that's what the wall is)? There must be a Jin-family relation there. The same thing happened with Hemp Master Lee, and I suppose he's also related to the Jin family since he was able to take Sapsali from the vault? (Or maybe it's just because he's super-powerful.)

(2) The mirror says to Mudeok (maybe trapped in the vault by the Jin mother and daughter) "So it's you. It's been a long time."  Is the mirror (very plausibly causing visions or delusions) recognizing her as Bu Yeon?

also, uk has the king’s star and his bride is buyeon/mudeok.  is it implying that there’ll be a bloodbath war between uk and the crown prince, and uk will win? but what’s the cause of the war?

the crown prince will know about the birth secret of uk, he‘ll be enraged.  but i think mom jang is already pregnant before the king came to her. because if uk is really the king’s son, he shouldn’t have innate mage powers. from what i’ve seen, he‘s very capable by himself so i believe his powers are inherited from jang gang. but at that time, the crown prince would be too mad to investigate all of these. he would think uk stole the throne and the FL. he‘ll challenge uk for a battle, and the mage organization would not concede because they‘d believe that the crown prince is unfit for the throne due to his il intentions. uk would need to claim the throne because the previous king has no other son. 

My theory is that mudeok/buyeon is not as clueless as we think. I was thinking that maybe it was mudeok who pulled naksu's soul into her body because she knew they both needed each other to survive. I think mudeok is letting naksu's soul take over but she's actually aware what's happening.  

Support: If you would go back on episode one, naksu actually picked another girl to soul shift with but apparently she woke up in mudeok's body. 

Also, imagine if they merged souls, with buyeon visions and naksu's strength, they're going to be unstoppable.

Feray:

What's AoS?

alchemy of souls