Thecla:
And who knows who the ears that Heoyeom recognized belonged to?

Only noble people have access to Sejukwon. 

Thecla:
(1) Why do the birds and artifacts get disturbed when Mudeok enters the Jin compound, and she experiences an energy disturbance and seems to see the vault entrance (if that's what the wall is)? There must be a Jin-family relation there. The same thing happened with Hemp Master Lee, and I suppose he's also related to the Jin family since he was able to take Sapsali from the vault? (Or maybe it's just because he's super-powerful.)

There are a lot of evil/trickster spirits living inside Jinyowon vault. Maybe they can sense familiar/powerful energies. 

Thecla:
(2) The mirror says to Mudeok (maybe trapped in the vault by the Jin mother and daughter) "So it's you. It's been a long time."  Is the mirror (very plausibly causing visions or delusions) recognizing her as Bu Yeon?

Probably.

wanderee:
also, uk has the king’s star and his bride is buyeon/mudeok.  is it implying that there’ll be a bloodbath war between uk and the crown prince, and uk will win? but what’s the cause of the war?

Not necessarily. The crown prince doesn't look like a bad guy. It will all depend on what he thinks is best for Daeho. If someone convinces him that Uk is evil, then he will probably fight for the throne.

wanderee:
 but i think mom jang is already pregnant before the king came to her. because if uk is really the king’s son, he shouldn’t have innate mage powers.

Just because the late king had a weak body doesn't mean he was absolutely powerless. The royal bloodline is supposedly protected by the skies. 

wanderee:
he‘ll challenge uk for a battle, and the mage organization would not concede because they‘d believe that the crown prince is unfit for the throne due to his il intentions. uk would need to claim the throne because the previous king has no other son. 

I hope they don't have to fight. We don't know if Uk wants to be king and how will they prove his connection to the king? Will the families accept him after knowing his father was soul-shifting (forbidden sorcery) during the conception?

I honestly don't know what's going to happen, I'm just rooting for Uk to get whatever he wants.

Elle0807:

For those who read Harry Potter, you might know what I mean about the horcruxes

What if Mudeok /Naksu /Jin Bu-yeon are all the same person but the soul was ripped apart just like Voldemort who created 7 Horcruxes/souls of himself so he could hide parts of himself in different objects.

But here in AoS, one of the mages  was the one who divided the souls for whatever reason. That's why when Naksu tried to inhabit another body, it didn't work because part of her soul, Mudeok, was close by. Then the mirror is another part of the soul, that's why when Mudeok  touched the mirror, her body was pulled into the mirror to finally be her complete self.

Voldemort kept dividing himself that he is less than human. Maybe in AoS, that's the reason why Mudeok is blind and weak,  not that I'm saying Mudeok is less than human, but just disabled.

Thats a different theory! good!

But seems like the mirror shows everybodys mean side.... we also could see Jin Cho Yeon with an evil smile inside the mirror when the spring daughter was at the vault.  So i dont think the mirror is a soul horcruxe as in your theory. 

however the soul divide in the girl´s bodies is very interesting.

I could only think in Jin Mu. 

He is the one who took care of Naksu since she lost her family.  

He also could be the one who took Jin Bu Yeon away from home. He is from Jin family despite being expelled. 

Probably we will know more in next episodes about Jin Mu ´s past. 

One thing that im thinking is that the future events  that we will see will not be good ones. it seems that a tragic period will came.  Lets be prepared. 

jxxwxxstan:

She did that so the CP wouldn't have a chance to come back. Uk was not ready to face him yet, so she didn't want the CP to have any excuse to fight Uk again. She also can't unsheathe her sword right now. Once Uk is the official Cheonbugwan master he could easily get her sword back.

I know she did this after his visit, but she was willing to let it go when CP first requested it.  I don't believe UK will be the Gwinju (?) any time soon, but sooner or later Mu-deok/JBY/Naksu is going to need that sword.  

Kathryn_51:

I know she did this after his visit, but she was willing to let it go when CP first requested it.  I don't believe UK will be the Gwinju (?) any time soon, but sooner or later Mu-deok/JBY/Naksu is going to need that sword.  

She couldn't unsheathe the sword anyways. The moment she gets her powers back, if Uk is not the Gwangju, she can steal the sword herself. That was her logic.

@Cau It could have been caused by a mage spell or it could be something like, a special star alignment that occurred when the JBY/ Mudeok and Naksu are being born at the same time. Similar to Jang Uk King Star prophesy, there could be a story saying that a soul splits into two bodies born at the exact same time and that the true King ascends when the soul reunite. 

My further wild theory but could well end up as a fanfiction instead:

It could be JBY was born weak but gifted with a supernatural vision that can sense more than the average person example seeing through the broken yin yang jade. She couldn't always understand what she sees or it could be overwhelming that she needs to cover her eyes. Her parents brought her to Heoyeom to understand her condition. On the other hand, Naksu has strong magical prowess or whatever they call it.

She could have sensed some kind of impending danger which caused her to go into hiding as Mudeok but she could have always seen the same dream Mudeok have seen during the first encounter with Master Lee, regardless of whether she have understood its significance but knowing that it's going to be something that will happen to her at some point. When Naksu invoke the soul transfer process and left her body, the soul naturally gravitated towards its other self i.e. towards Mudeok/JBY since they were in close proximity.

So the soul now is remarried/ reunited physically but there will be a journey to fully realize the complete soul power when Naksu can fully gain Mudeok's memory/experience/ability, essentially the coexistence of the previously split persona in harmony, instead of one side overpowering the other. In our world, this is like bipolar disorder lol

What I'm still not quite decided on right now:

1. Mama Jin - villain or victum?

2. If Naksu/Mudeok/JBY going to regain both power and privilege and stand as an equal beside Jang Uk because that would change the dynamic of the story where we introduced to the master who's the maid and the disciple who's the master. While it would be a happy ending, but it feels a bit too banal not to mention it reinforces the idea of marriage is only possible between people with the same social standing.  

Cau:
Ok.

So i review some scenes to pay attention to the swords the characters uses after i saw a comment  (@chrish ) about the "golden power" from Jang Uk netflix photos.

About the Swords:

Great analysis.  I have cut and pasted into my personal "reference" document - lists of mage levels, the various charms/artifacts, etc.  This was very interesting and informative.  Thanks.

Kathryn_51:

Great analysis.  I have cut and pasted into my personal "reference" document - lists of mage levels, the various charms/artifacts, etc.  This was very interesting and informative.  Thanks.

Hi, thank you! 

I just discovered  yesterday your discussion post about AoS Character descriptions. It was very helpful with many details that i didnt know as the wandering pickpocket girl...  Great!

" It could have been caused by a mage spell or it could be something like, a special star alignment that occurred when the JBY/ Mudeok and Naksu are being born at the same time. Similar to Jang Uk King Star prophesy, there could be a story saying that a soul splits into two bodies born at the exact same time and that the true King ascends when the soul reunite " .

scenesonabridge  ,

A special star alignment i think could not be possible in the case of Naksu because we see her father showing  her birth plate and apparently there is nothing wrong/strange.  

"It could be JBY was born weak but gifted with a supernatural vision that can sense more than the average person example seeing through the broken yin yang jade. She couldn't always understand what she sees or it could be overwhelming that she needs to cover her eyes. Her parents brought her to Heoyeom to understand her condition. On the other hand, Naksu has strong magical prowess or whatever they call it".

Thats a good theory...some people are presuming this...lets see. 

Something i noticed is that when Jin Mu took of little Naksu , he said to her: "I will give you power. Will you came with me? "

He didnt said he will train her or he will guide her or take care or something along this. 

So, could be my translation... but if its accurated why he said he will give her power? So Naksu has no magic power? Or She was a little mage with powers? I also heard Jang Kang saying that the constelator was a mage. 

Could Jin Mu split the soul of JBY into Naksu and Mudeok? The great problem i see in this is that Naksu has all the memories of her life, her deceased family, her teen years with Yul .  How could she be JBY? 

Being pragmatic we have  :

1.  A body of a commoner Mu Deok. ( who has the body of the actress this is important since she is the main actress) 

2.  A burned body of a great Mage but the alive soul of Naksu. 

3. A missing body of a mage of Jin´s family,  Jin Bu Yeon. Maybe her soul in inside Mudeok.

So i dont want be pessimistic but sometimes we tend to create positive theories with misteries solved  with a happy ending but im not seeing this. Unfortunatelly someone will be in trouble.  But im counting on Hong Sisters. 

Cau:
Something i noticed is that when Jin Mu took of little Naksu , he said to her: "I will give you power. Will you came with me? "

He didnt said he will train her or he will guide her or take care or something along this.

So, could be my translation... but if its accurated why he said he will give her power? So Naksu has no magic power? Or She was a little mage with powers? I also heard Jang Kang saying that the constelator was a mage. 

IMHO it means he will train her because to obtain power, one needs to train to master the various level of magical ability and the prerequisite before that is someone who is born with innate magical ability (In Daeho, there are people born with magical powers and there are those who are not).

Cau:
Being pragmatic we have  :

1.  A body of a commoner Mu Deok. ( who has the body of the actress this is important since she is the main actress)

2.  A burned body of a great Mage but the alive soul of Naksu.

3. A missing body of a mage of Jin´s family,  Jin Bu Yeon. Maybe her soul in inside Mudeok.

As of the latest episode, I'm of the opinion that Mudeok = JBY. She lived the first part of her life as JBY until she went missing and she then lived her life as Mudeok for some reason. Naksu is Naksu. Admittedly wishful thinking on my part, I do wish Naksu and Mudeok = JBY are all part of the same soul, split into two bodies at birth, simply by virtue of being born at the exact same time. Their souls now is remarried/ reunited with set of memories and experiences from both side intact in a single body. My only gripe with this theory is it employs the all-too-common trope of someone is secretly of chaebol/ some highly privilege birth, plus it totally alters the dynamics between Uk/Mudeok from what we were first introduced to.

A lesser evidence of Mudeok => JBY is the different costume don on by JSM in the character poster which is of a more regal status as compared to her current clothes.

Cau:
So i dont want be pessimistic but sometimes we tend to create positive theories with misteries solved  with a happy ending but im not seeing this. Unfortunatelly someone will be in trouble.  But im counting on Hong Sisters.

Yes, in a way, what others have also pointed out is that the Hong Sisters typically work with a "straight forward" premise that at some point when things need to go back to its rightful place, something has got to give. 

scenesonabridge:
A lesser evidence of Mudeok => JBY is the different costume don on by JSM in the character poster which is of a more regal status as compared to her current clothes.

Cau:
Yes, in a way, what others have also pointed out is that the Hong Sisters typically work with a "straight forward" premise that at some point when things need to go back to its rightful place, something has got to give. 

I know nothing about the Hong Sisters, but w/a few other k-dramas (mostly rom-con) under my belt, my experience is that a major - and I mean MAJOR -  plot pivot or "twist" occurs half-way through the series.  If this is the situations with AoS, then Ep. 10 and 11 are going to be MEGA and will propel everything forward to  Ep. 20.  And when I say "MEGA", I mean the "tension"/puzzle of two souls  (Mu-Deok and Naksu) in the same body will be resolved.  

But, I don't know the Hong Sisters!  ???

Kathryn_51:
But, I don't know the Hong Sisters!  ???

The screenwriters. Watch "The  Korean Odyssey" and "Hotel Del Luna" both on netflix . I'd say they have a unique way of ending their stories. Either you like it or you don't.

So far, even with only 6 episodes, I personally think AoS is their best work. 

Elle0807:
But, I don't know the Hong Sisters!  ???

The screenwriters. Watch "The  Korean Odyssey" and "Hotel Del Luna" both on netflix . I'd say they have a unique way of ending their stories. Either you like it or you don't.

Well, I have HEARD about the Hong sisters and I have read the synopsis for both Korean Odyssey and Hotel - and read the comments on MDL so I know w/out a doubt that neither series is one that I would enjoy.  I need to keep reminding myself that the reason I am attracted the show is more than the potential romance - the cinematography, unique characters, unique back-story, etc.  But. . . .I ❤ Jung Uk and Mu-deok(JBY) and if their end is tragic, my star rating goes to one ⭐.

Fujihara Tomomi:

I wondered why she gave her sword to the Crown Prince too. If she wants to get her power back, shouldn't she keep her sword by her side? Or she thinks it's not the right timing?

Omggg are you sovannpanha??! Youre here!? oh i forgot, Im @iamZ9! From an Ancient love poetry FAQ discussion~~~ xD nice to meet you again haha!

Back to the question,, sorry …i was elated to see someone i know here XD 

Tbh, I also thought about why, out of all things would naksu allow her sword to be given to him. But then i remembered, how the sword is useless for her unless she is finally able to use her own energy inside mudeok’s supposed to be weak body. 

I also think her sword, being in the crown prince’s hands is just one of the many reasons as to why mudeok wants to have a connection with the crown prince despite the danger.

However, I stand to believe that this act is really mudeok expressing her  “sincerity and care for jang uk more than > her care for her own sword”!!

Maybe she thought its just A small sacrifice for her precious pupil. <3