Berd:

Thank you for the warm welcome! ahh we're both kpop babies :p I love svt's music, they're so talented! I'm planning to go through their whole discography this year. 

@cheezerie thank you :)) a friend of mine once said the gen you find kpop in is usually the generation you listen to the most which is probably why I know so many 4th gens (but tbh the generation thing still confuses me lool I have no idea when one starts and the other begins) 

Ah yes the timeline of generations will always be unknown because they're not exact! Different ppl think different ways... for me it's like this:

1st gen - 1992-2004
2nd gen - 2005-2012
3rd gen - 2013-2018
4th gen - 2019-present

Also there's this thing... EXO debuted in 2012 which is the last year of 2nd to me but I still count them as 3rd gen group and yes I know it doesn't make any sense!! but for me 3rd gen started from EXO and 4th gen started from Itzy :')

This's quite interesting topic hihi^^ What do you guys think about the timeline?

Benizakura:

Ah yes the timeline of generations will always be unknown because they're not exact! Different ppl think different ways... for me it's like this:

1st gen - 1992-2004
2nd gen - 2005-2012
3rd gen - 2013-2018
4th gen - 2019-present

Also there's this thing... EXO debuted in 2012 which is the last year of 2nd to me but I still count them as 3rd gen group and yes I know it doesn't make any sense!! but for me 3rd gen started from EXO and 4th gen started from Itzy :')

This's quite interesting topic hihi^^ What do you guys think about the timeline?

That seems accurate to me lol??‍♀️  I love how you use a group to determine the start of a gen 

cheezerie:

Hello Jane for some reason i cant quote ur post T_T

but glad to have u here and welcome!!

damn ur lucky I have to force my mom every single day to listen to my music :( 

Hi Cheezerie, yes I think I'm pretty lucky that those times was when my mom was so into Dara's movies ... Now she wasn't that interested in anything related to entertainment industry but I'm glad she wasn't forcing me to stop listening to Kpop anymore hehe, because before there's a time she and dad told me to stop  times but now they're fine with it again ~

Benizakura:

1st gen - 1992-2004
2nd gen - 2005-2012
3rd gen - 2013-2018
4th gen - 2019-present

Hii Benizukara, I agree with you on how people think differently as to how gens are divided ... Lots of people consider Stray Kids as a 4th gen group but they debuted at 2017, meanwhile other groups which debuted in the same year were considered as 3rd gen ... Also about that 2nd and 3rd gen thing, I've always thought that 2012 is the end of 2nd Gen but people I've acrossed with told me that it ended in 2011, but now that I think of it, it's true that EXO really debuted at the beginning of 3rd gen ... Now I won't change my mind haha and thanks for saying about this to us. ^^

Benizakura:
EXO debuted in 2012 which is the last year of 2nd to me but I still count them as 3rd gen group and yes I know it doesn't make any sense!!

The Boyz debuted december 2017, but they are considered 4th gen Idols! and straykids are active since 2017, but they officially debuted on march 25, 2018 and they are also considered 4th gen idols ^^

Jane:

Hi Cheezerie, yes I think I'm pretty lucky that those times was when my mom was so into Dara's movies ... Now she wasn't that interested in anything related to entertainment industry but I'm glad she wasn't forcing me to stop listening to Kpop anymore hehe, because before there's a time she and dad told me to stop  times but now they're fine with it again ~

that's nice :) . I listen to kpop 24/7, so my mom pretty much listen to it every single time and it came to the point where she sometimes knows the lyrics because she has listened to it too much ^^

my mom had become chill with it after she gets used to it, on the weekend she would either watch dramas with me or watch kpop groups MV or even watch idol's variety show (she actually remembers some members names but I always gave members their own nickname so she would remember it easily). not gonna lie she even has her fav idol (Pentagon's Jinho since he has a nice voice and his HIGH NOTES!!!) and she also likes to see idols dance and sing lol.  (LMAO I've corrupted my mom, basically)

Hi, Jane^^ I can't quote your comment bc it's too long :( I've also heard many ppl say that 2nd gen ended in 2011 but it would mean that Fantastic Baby from Bigbang would be a 3rd gen song but it's definitely a 2nd gen song for me!! I always think about what happened in each year and then I decide what I believe. My ways are also very lacking (for example that only in the below) but that's okay! :) There's no correct answer, everyone can have their own opinions (*^‿^*)

DeobiMars:

The Boyz debuted december 2017, but they are considered 4th gen Idols! and straykids are active since 2017, but they officially debuted on march 25, 2018 and they are also considered 4th gen idols ^^

This is indeed very interesting because if I didn't know their debut dates I would also consider The Boyz as 4th gen group but Stray Kids as baby 3rd gen group which doesn't make any sense since they debuted about the same time xD Maybe this is because I've followed Stray Kids' journey since Hellevator but The Boyz I only discovered in 2020... as for the public, maybe they're both considered as 4th gen groups bc they've gained so much more fans/attention in the past years... idk who the hell knows  ʕ >ᴥ<ʔ 

Cheezerie, that's a actually so adorable :3 My mom always makes fun of kpop and kdramas etc. which is annoying af -_- 

I don't have anyone to share this interest with in irl... well there's one friend but she only likes NCT 

Benizakura:

Cheezerie, that's a actually so adorable :3 My mom always makes fun of kpop and kdramas etc. which is annoying af -_- 

I don't have anyone to share this interest with in irl... well there's one friend but she only likes NCT 

my mom used to be like that too when I get addicted to it but now she's also into it :) 

awww lit same, my friends also like kpop but their not into it like me T_T  I'm sure we'll find someone one day, for now we'll stick together ^^

cheezerie:

my mom used to be like that too when I get addicted to it but now she's also into it :) 

awww lit same, my friends also like kpop but their not into it like me T_T  I'm sure we'll find someone one day, for now we'll stick together ^^

My mom will never! She's not that type of person 

Yeah, I'm so happy to have this club now ^__^

Benizakura:

My mom will never! She's not that type of person 

Yeah, I'm so happy to have this club now ^__^

awww im sure she'll understand one day

hehehe, me too, I'm glad that a lot of people joined it ^^

i got a question tho. how do i make my mom listen to kpop?
i've been trying so hard and it doesn't works :'-)

noodles:

i got a question tho. how do i make my mom listen to kpop?
i've been trying so hard and it doesn't works :'-)

hello!!

so what i did was play kpop music the whole time, for ex, when we go out I would play kpop in the car instead until she gets used to it lol. sometimes I would also watch funny kpop videos or kpop idol's variety show to get her into the members and then their music. 

Just keep trying, that's all I did until I corrupted her with Korean stuff ^^ 

u got this, HWAITING!!!

cheezerie:

hello!!

so what i did was play kpop music the whole time, for ex, when we go out I would play kpop in the car instead until she gets used to it lol. sometimes I would also watch funny kpop videos or kpop idol's variety show to get her into the members and then their music. 

Just keep trying, that's all I did until I corrupted her with Korean stuff ^^ 

u got this, HWAITING!!!

i am pretty much near on giving up rn :'-) i always tried making her understand what they are saying and stuff like that but it always ends up going some elsewhere completely different.
she has this wicked strategy where she just tries to joke about the music video or the lyrics for ex. when i first showed her the "blood, sweat & tears" mv, she was like "why is this boy(yoongi) playing piano? why is this guy(jungkook) levitating? why is this boy(taehyung) under sheets?"