The website is currently undergoing maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.
A Wedding Invitation

• Movie: A Wedding Invitation
  • Country: China
  • Duration: 1 hr. 43 min.
  • Genres: Comedy, Romance, Drama
  • Rating: Not Yet Rated

• Popularity: #1979
  • Members: 1,030

A Wedding Invitation (2013)

Aryael
Apr 20, 2014
Story: A classic storyline that starts off with a frown, then a smile, then sadness and ending with a sigh. For all of you romantics out there, this is a movie to watch. My only warning is:- keep a box of tissue next to you. You'll need it -guaranteed!

Acting/Cast: Full marks for acting. All veteran actors and actresses; so you can expect mature and professional acting.

Music: Sombre, sweet but most times, reminiscence of love won and lost. The music reflects nicely the feel of this movie.

Rewatch value: Personally, I am the sort of romatic who would go for comedy romance as I love to de-stress while watching a movie or drama. This movie is a wonderful movie; the re-watch value simply reflects my personal preference for only re-watching something that is light and sweet that helps me to relax. This movie makes me cry out like a baby; so I won't be re-watching it anytime soon. However, for those of you who loves tragic romance type of movie, this one here is a winner for you!

Overall: A good movie. Certainly worth the recommendation. However, I would include my recommendation with a warning for keeping a box of tissue next to you before you hit the play button. Trust me - you'll need it!

Kadiance
Sep 14, 2013
It's been a huge roller-coaster ride with this movie. It's hard to say why you should watch it at first. It started off slow, giving us a preview of the main leads' school days. Then it jumped right to the breaking up and the contract. But once they started getting along with the real story, I just couldn't stop. Right now, I just finished the movie and still feel like an emotional wreck. If you're a romantic, don't pass this movie up!

STORY: The story line would have been perfect if it didn't get so obvious after a while. Girl and boy start dating during school years and then break up at the girl's request to pursue successful careers (guy becomes a chef and the woman is some kind of designer / pottery maker). She comes up excuses as to why she wants to break up with him. Five years later, they contact each other again only to find that Li Xing is getting married! From this point, Qiao Qiao and Li Xing go through a series of events that tests their love and whether or not they can still go through with the break up contract. It doesn't get obvious until towards the end, but by that point, I can guarantee that you don't want to stop watching. I only gave it a 9 because the screenwriters wrote a cliche twist but they developed it so that it's not like most cliches. In a way, the cliche was made up by the ending. I just wish they had a better way of explaining the breakup. There were a lot of surprises in this movie.

ACTING/CAST: I really loved Qiao Qiao's acting and Mo Mo! He was so cute and I was so surprised at what his role was in this movie. Well, less competition! Eddie Peng broke my heart throughout the movie. He was the innocent one, the one hidden in the dark. It hurt when he tried to keep a straight face on. When he cried, I cried. When Qiao Qiao teared up, I cried. There were so many tears in this movie and none of them seemed fake. Gotta respect these crying scenes. Qiao Qiao changed her roles so easily. From shocked/surprised, to anger, to calmness. As an actress, she played her character really well and it was nice to see the diverse personalities that she put on. Of course you can see this happening with Eddie Peng as well. Definitely great actors/actresses in this movie.

MUSIC: Loved the background music! Fit with the mood and flowed with the events.

REWATCH VALUE: Definitely re-watching in the near future. It's something you would watch when you want something uplifting. It's uplifting in the sense of how romantic it is and keeps you hopeful for something like this to happen in your life. It's something you can watch when you're bored.

ScarletPromise
Dec 22, 2013
I love, love, loved it! Some parts, like the music, I would put a 9.5, but they don't have that, so meh. The story was typical but it was really good at foreshadowing and suprising you at the very last second. The actors where really good and they portrayed their characters perfectly. Especially Mao Mao. Especially. The Music was awesome, but not perfect. I would watch this 100 times over if I could. I laughed and I cried so very much when watching this. This movie was just wonderful over all. Although some parts SEEMED to be a little bit behind the other movies out there, this one was still really good and I can't express how much I loved it. I RECOMMENED SO YOU BETTER WATCH IT!!!!

mydarlingbacon
Jun 30, 2017
OKAY. This movie honestly is ONE OF THE BEST- and I MEAN, ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES EVER. It probably made me waste about 3 whole tissue boxes. This movie- I just can't. It's so good that I can't describe it in words.
The first time I watched it, I wasn't really into it, since I disliked the setting of it. It looked old, and yes, it is, but if you give it a try, (like I did) you would totally love it. Watching the first 2 minutes of the movie won't get you anywhere, you have to be patient and try. You'll never know what surprise will be there.
If you're trying to watch this, just saying- here's some tips......
GET SOME TISSUES. LIKE you'll need them. And I don't mean one, a plentiful of them
Be prepared, and don't give up on the movie. If you find something you dislike, just ignore it and keep watching it.
Overall, the cast did an AMAZING job.