Spring of the Blade

一瓯春 ‧ Drama ‧ 2026

FL : It is that I have to pay the price for this...and the price is feeling too heavy. Granny, did I choose the wrong path? Did I make a wrong choice?

Granny : silly girl, it is okay. Most people start out not knowing what they really want. Later as they move along, they fall and cry , and think they took the wrong path. In the end, looking back, they realise everything wasarranged by heaven long ago, so we can get what we wished for. Its okay.

FL : but i can't let go. Granny, i really can't let go.

Granny : it's ok..i know.

I think the “heavy price” she talks about could be because she knows her wedding with SML is probably not going to happen. Her reputation could be affected, and she may even end up having to become a nun.

And mind you, at this point she is still jealous of ML seeing him with the new villain lady in red, because she has no idea yet that ML will actually end up being with her.

Then there is the line, “I really can't let go.”

On the surface, it sounds like she is talking about her revenge. But I actually think she is talking about Shen Run. She can't seem to let go of him, even though she knows they are now standing on opposite sides.

And that makes the conversation with Grandma Chen even more heartbreaking She may be questioning the path she chose, but perhaps what she is really struggling to let go of is the person she never stopped caring about.

So far we have seen FL as cold and distant...but ep 22 and 23 showed the conflicts she is facing...the conversation with Shen Run in the garden, her conversation with Grandma were particularly heartbreaking.

Girl has been carrying so much for soo long

Spring of the Blade poster

Details

Statistics

  • Score: 8.3 (scored by 1,498 users)
  • Ranked: #1032
  • Popularity: #2038
  • Watchers: 12,977

Top Contributors

55 edits
51 edits
34 edits
28 edits

Popular Lists

Related lists from users
Chinese Dramas That Aren't Out Yet
237 titles 781 loves 69
Which C-Drama Are We Watching Next?
733 titles 307 loves 37
My Most Anticipated
1083 titles 219 loves 8

Recently Watched By