I really like  Leo and Yukee. However, I avoid any series over 36 episodes long because often they drag on forever. I thought China banned long series?I do wish this series was 24-30 episodes. Not watching this series but Leo and Yukee look so cute together.

Most chinese historical dramas are 45+ eps long. In this drama they most likely have to cover alot like the story behind the FL's dad and his powers, the FL's character development, romance between the main leads etc. I would say you should wait till all the eps are out and just binge watch cause the chemistry between Leo and Yukee is really good uwu

I find that most of the time they just add in too much nonsense toward the end with these 40+ episode series.   It’s be better to have less characters and less episodes like Ancient Detective. I couldn’t go through Ashes of Love after 11 episodes because  I feel like they were going nowhere with the story while trying to build a story. I’ll probably watch this series after all episodes aired, then I can fast forward lol

Keep in mind, not all dramas less than 40 episodes are great either. I am currently watching The Love Lasts Two Minds which has 36 episodes and it has too many cliches; it just is not for me. Some of the best dramas had over 50 episodes and people were/are hoping for more. Then there are those who got everything they desired in 24-40 episodes.

Although it is true that long dramas can drag out episodes unnecessarily (for example Legend of Fuyao, Ashes of Love, Princess Silver and may more), I find it better to just separate the drama into seasons*. If you aren't up for long dramas, don't force yourself. Try not to look at the number of episodes in the drama. Read the description, watch the first few episodes, (once they've all been aired) skip to the last few episodes, read comments, reviews and decide whether or not to commit yourself to the drama.