Is this the best adaptation of Boys Over Flowers?.... including the anime

Cause I definitely think soooo?

If including the anime, then the anime was the best for me . I also recommend the manga.

Hana Yori Dango, no contest. Nobody can beat Matsu Jun and Inoue Mao as Domyouji and Makino. 

Hi! My friend and I are students from Slovenia. For our subject Politics, Society, and Economics of East Asia at our university, we are preparing a term paper comparing three dramas: Meteor Garden (2018), Boys over Flowers (2009), and Hana Yori Dango (2005). You'll help us a lot by answering this very short and simple questionnaire. Thank you for your help. 

Please complete this survey: 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfggVXFqmp-3xASnACti_0bi9A7ysPCbQ7oBLwBWlIHKlDjnw/viewform?usp=sf_link

The japanese One with Matsumoto Jun! 

Meteor Garden 2018 with Dylan Wang & Shen Yue!

Meteor Garden Taiwan circa. Very biased opinion, since it was the very first asian drama (not frm my countr) I watched. lol I feel old.

Taiwan.  I think the Japanese generally are much better at creating depth and subtleties of character, and the same is true for Hana Yori Dango.  But I personally like the Taiwanese version better.  The ML and FL are both hotter.  They make the ML super angsty and fiery like he's supposed to be. .. kind of volatile.  And their aesthetic and sense of style is just so superbadass.  Taiwanese dramas from back in the day didn't ever have a lot to work with as far as budget.  So their sets and effects can be kind of hokey and silly.  But their clothes and hair, the  general look and feel they're trying to achieve with their sense of style is so on point.  Even now you could watch it, and there's a distinct lack of tragic clothes and hair in their version.  UNLIKE every other version of BOF.  

Also Hana Yori Dango was sort of targeted at a slightly younger audience than the Taiwanese version - In HYD, the punch scenes are goofy, and the ML is goofy (in acting, style AND looks).  In the Taiwanese version , everyone plays it straight up, no bullshit.  That's more to my tastes.

NotYourOppa:

If including the anime, then the anime was the best for me . I also recommend the manga.

I agreee!! ANIME WAS TOP TIER.

Well, it's the Taiwanese Meteor Garden  (2001) for me..

Barbie Xiu was really awesome as San Chai there..