I'm curious about the actors who played the commentators.  They have such large speaking parts, as they basically narrate the game action, but I don't see them listed on the cast list - or I haven't identified them correctly.  Any help there?

I haven’t been able to find anything about them either. However, on this 11th time watching, I noticed that they are different in every episode. I wonder if they have used actual eSports commentators. 

ChessWidow:

I haven’t been able to find anything about them either. However, on this 11th time watching, I noticed that they are different in every episode. I wonder if they have used actual eSports commentators. 

Although there were many of them, there were three that always stood out to me.  Of them, I believe all of them were commentating more than once.  The one who makes the funny faces/gestures when Lu SiCheng kisses Tong Yao in public is the most memorable - even in the other scenes. The way he scoffs at certain decisions or gets overly excited about an action just makes me chuckle.  The one partnered with him during the kiss scene is also quite notable by contrast. He also appears more than once.

I am planning on another rewatch starting soon but am delaying it due to other matters. I'll keep note of the commentators to see if I can garner more info.  I'd still like to know who they were and if they were real/going by their real names or if they were actors playing characters. Either way, they should be noted as they play a significant role in helping us understand the story and the importance of the skills our team and our leads display.

It took a little work and lots of screen shot, but I have the names of all of the commentators for the matches. 

• Du Dou and Xiao Fan in episode 1
  • Du Dou and Xiao Qiu in episodes 13, 18, 20, 22, 24, 25, 26
  • Xiao Fan and Cheng Yao in episode 15
  • A’Heng and Shuo Shuo in episode 15 (2nd match), 16, 21, 22, 29
  • Xiao Fan and Cheng Yao in episodes 27, 28
  • Du Dou and Cheng Yao in episode 31

There were no introductions in episode 15 so I had to compare the screen shots to figure out who they are. The only one listed on the cast list here is Du Dou and they show him as Xiao Du even though he was never introduced like that. Du Dou

ChessWidow:

It took a little work and lots of screen shot, but I have the names of all of the commentators for the matches. 

• Du Dou and Xiao Fan in episode 1
  • Du Dou and Xiao Qiu in episodes 13, 18, 20, 22, 24, 25, 26
  • Xiao Fan and Cheng Yao in episode 15
  • A’Heng and Shuo Shuo in episode 15 (2nd match), 16, 21, 22, 29
  • Xiao Fan and Cheng Yao in episodes 27, 28
  • Du Dou and Cheng Yao in episode 31

There were no introductions in episode 15 so I had to compare the screen shots to figure out who they are. The only one listed on the cast list here is Du Dou and they show him as Xiao Du even though he was never introduced like that. Du Dou

You beat me to it!  I used compiling the list as an excuse to begin watching the series again but I'm only up to episode 16. I've also been using screen shots to confirm the identities.

*In  Episode 10 (vs CK) the bout is hosted by Chen JinYang and Xiao Sen but the Commentators are Xiao Fan and Chen Yao

**In Episode 15 (vs FNC, cont'd in Ep16) they never mention Xiao Fan but he does call Chen Yao by name momentarily... I have CHEN Yao and not CHENG Yao but I'm going by the Netflix subtitles.

I guess the fact that "Xiao Du" is listed as Rhys Du indicates that they were played by actors. The picture of Rhys Du doesn't seem to match Du Duo in my head though... but actors can change their looks so easily and my brain doesn't always process it well.

Thanks for putting in all the legwork. This has bothered me for a long while!!! I still want to know who the actors were, though. I wonder if there is any other way to find out (in English)...

**In Episode 15 (vs FNC, cont'd in Ep16) they never mention Xiao Fan but he does call Chen Yao by name momentarily... I have CHEN Yao and not CHENG Yao but I'm going by the Netflix subtitles

I was using the Viki subtitles as I watched but had to get my screenshots from YouTube. They both used the same spellings.

I assume they used actors.  I looked up Rhys Du and the face looks the same but maybe he had a perm during filming or they straightened his hair for the other pictures I found.  

Since they used the same family name for Du, I tried searching the others and came up blank. Maybe someone else will be more curious than us and be able to identify them. ?

EpisodesMatch UpsCommentatorsOther
1ZGDXvsCKDu DuoXiao FanSmiling in Audience
10Drawing LotsXXNo game; Hosts: Chen JinYang & Xiao Sen
10ZGDXvsCKChen YaoXiao FanSmiling's 1st appearance; Hosts: Chen JinYang & Xiao Sen
13ZGDXvsKingDu DuoXiao Qiu
15ZGDXvsFNCChen YaoXiao Fan
15-16ZGDXvsLANA'HengShuo ShuoBroken shoe
16ChessmanvsSmilingXiao PengXSolo / at base
18-19ZGDXvsObsidianDu DuoXiao Qiu
19-20ZGDXvsDQ5Du DuoXiao QiuHost: XiZhe
21-22YQCBvsAlphaA'HengShuo ShuoSmiling in Audience
22ZGDXvsDoomsdayDu DuoXiao Qiu(aka Orcs of Doom)
24CKvsRed ArrowDu DuoXiao QiuZGDX Spectates
25ZGDXvsAlphaDu DuoXiao Qiu
26ZGDXvsFNCDu DuoXiao Qiu
26ZGDXvsRed ArrowDu DuoXiao QiuLv plays Mid
27-28ZGDXvsYQCBA'HengShuo Shuo
29ZGDXvsCKA'HengShuo ShuoQuarterfinals / Smiling's scream
31ZGDXvsYQCBDu DuoChen YaoFinals

@Lady_Dragon thanks for the detailed list! You captured more details than I thought to do. 

ChessWidow:

@Lady_Dragon thanks for the detailed list! You captured more details than I thought to do. 

Cheers. I took notes to better identify/locate the matches in the storyline and recall, where possible, how the plot utilized them.  The notes were more for me than anything else but I thought I should include them anyway.  Hopefully they don't spoil anything... maybe tease more than elsewise. :)