10 movies/dramas with a character that refuses to see their short comings or mistakes and stay as they are, miserable & alone (even if they aren't conscious/acknowledging of these feelings). Please avoid the bad/evil guys. This is more like someone who holds on to anger, jealousy, resentment, etc.

1. Lovely Writer - no matter how many times people reached out to him, Aoey (I think), refused to change. There is a very sad, lonely scene in the last episode.

2. I Hear Your Voice - 2FL's father kept saying "I did nothing wrong" and in the end, he was alone.

Mmopus:

I don't really think what you mentioned comes under redemption arcs, rather under karma doing its rightful work tbh

After reading the answer 'A Tale of a Thousand Star' from upper comment I realized I should've used google translate. Thought redemption as revenge. My bad.

autumn iris:

After reading the answer 'A Tale of a Thousand Star' from upper comment I realized I should've used google translate. Thought redemption as revenge. My bad.

A good learning opportunity.

3. Nothing but Thirty (Tong Yao's character's husband felt Tong Yao's too overbearing so he secretly dislike her, the perfect wife, controlling him until the very small detail like washing hands before eating. Then he cheated on her so she's divorcing him and then he went to jail because of an explosion (in which Tong Yao's actually been warning him about the importance of safety procedures of storing fireworks in warehouse which he ignored))

4. Lighter & Princess FL's mom never accepted ML and lost contact with her daughter over it. It was so sad.

5. Love of Nirvana - the king

6. Dear Mayang Street - Ou Xiao Jian choose to be secret agent. In the last ep we can see his lonely eyes... 

7. Perfect Marriage Revenge - FL's "sister"

8. My Dearest - the king saw the threat to his power in his son and he spent the rest of his life being jealous and terrified by it

9. Kenja no Ai

10. Woman of Dignity

10 movies/dramas at least 20 years old you recommend

2. Shaolin Soccer (2001) 

3. The Classic (2003) 

4. House of Flying Daggers (2004)