Skyesinger:

Hi, I'm new here. Gonna post my May reading plans later on. :)

Just wanted to get my two words in regarding Shakespeare. XD... Hamlet is his longest play if you go by word count. Non-comedy and short would be "Timon of Athens" and definitely the bloody "MacBeth". ;)

If you still wanna read/watch Hamlet, I recommend the 1996 movie version directed by Kenneth Branagh who is famous for his Shakespeare to screen adaptation. He even turned one play into a musical. XD

Welcome welcome! I'mgoing to be reading Hamnet which is supposed to be a historical fiction novel (?)about his wife and child, and how it inspired the play Hamlet. Sounds interesting. 

kura2ninja:

@Kapetria and @LucianYaz: It was The Grand Sophy--an absolute fun to read. I'm currently reading Faro's Daughter, which just feels flat in comparison.

Totally agree fun read, about Faro's I will have to search how they changed the title for my country 

LucianYaz:

Omygosh, yes, The Grand Sophy is a great read! It was my very first Georgette Heyer; I loved it so much that I went on to get all her books. You're making me want to do a reread :XD

I'm waiting to hear your thoughts on Faro's Daughter; I read it quite a while back and don't remember much of the details, but I see in my records that I gave it a low rating (while I gave The Grand Sophy 5 stars :D).

yes yes me too, it was my first book of her! Sophy was so bold loved her! 

Hi guys! Since I haven’t finished Artemis Fowl and the Lost Colony, I will be continuing it this month. 

I will be participating on the #AsianReadathon and here’s my TBR:

Prompts 1-3: Secret Crush Seduction By Jayci Lee - this book caught my interest as the books I read that was published by Harlequin are written by white American authors. Also, it’s been a while since I’ve read a Harlequin Desire book so I’m excited for this!

Prompt 4: Data Jujitsu : The art of turning data into product by DJ Patil - it’s kind of hard to find tech nonfiction books that are written by an asian author who happens to be also female. Since I wanted to read a book related to Computer and Science, this became my pic for nonfiction. 

Prompt 5: Keep The Faith by Ana Tejano - I’ve never read a Filipino contemporary romance novel before that is not aimed for teens so I am also excited. 

Should I finish my #AsianReadathon TBR ahead of schedule, I continue on with the Artemis Fowl Series. This being:

1. The time paradox

2. The Atlantis Complex

I would like to add that I really enjoyed the live-action adaptation of Shadow and Bone which is currently on Netflix. After the travesties that are Cursed and Fate: The Winx Saga, I was hoping that they would not mess it up. And they did not. 

They managed to improve the source material and the casting was near perfect. Based on seeing the show and the interviews, I can see the amount of respect the production has for its source material. Hoping for a season 2 so I could see Nikolai!

Kapetria:

sorry to but in in the conversation >< but I've read Rebecca and its a little boring book, boring like the first 100 pages of Lord of the Rings with a bunch of flowers descriptions for example, but there is some good characters in the history and by the end the plot gets really good 

No worries. Classics tend to be flowery in their descriptions and have a steep learning curve. I usually listen to them through audiobook since I don’t think I’ll be able to finish them I read them through ebook and paperback. 

Lady Nimue:
I would like to add that I really enjoyed the live-action adaptation of Shadow and Bone which is currently on Netflix.

Me too!! They really did a great job. I loooove Kaz and the Crows. Alina and Mal are also great. I like them better in this adaptation than in the novel. I think the combination of both series are brilliant and add so much more tension and a change of pace than if it's Alina and Mal's story only. 

And yes.. can't wait to see Nikolai! I wonder who's going to play his role.

# drama-lovers book club: “A Book A Month”

Status in APRIL: SUCCEED, read 120 pages until April 12th.

❆ Manage Stress by James Manktellow ❆

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2822312-manage-stress

I am not impressed by the book. It feels like he break it down fine but then that's it, the writer doesn't delve deeper. So I want to know more but there's nothing more. It happens in every chapter so the problem on how to manage stress can't be solved by this book.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

On May, I will read a thicker book (330 pages) but I don't know can I finish it or not. I wish I can if it's good.

❆ The 10 Rules of Sam Walton by Michael Bergdahl ❆

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/653411.The_10_Rules_of_Sam_Walton

LucianYaz:

Stats for Hamlet from my Shakespeare app. The number of lines is about 600 less than what I'm seeing when I do a quick Google search ... weird.

you're so dilligent. it's admirable.

May TBR

It's only two books because I'll be more busy than usual this month. I might get to more books though (like through listening to an audiobook). These are the ones I definitely want to finish. 

Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari

Hopefully, Sapiens won't disappoint because I have high hopes for it.  

The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

I know I said I was going to finish Hamnet, but I finished two other books instead. They're business books so they're kind of boring. I had already started them months ago so it's less impressive than it sounds. OH! But I did actually start reading Hamnet. I'm like page 10 now. 

BOOK OF THE MONTH (MAY)

"The King of Thorns" by Mark Lawrence

(2nd book in the "Broken Empire" trilogy)

LIKES: As most of the (over 300? I lost count)  books I own and have read,  this is a dark-ish fantasy book with around 600 pages. It's protagonist is an male young-ish headstrong anti-hero who doesn't shy away from doing dirty deeds while still being aware of it being dirty deeds. Pushed around by invisible forces he still manages to reach his goals to some degree. The story is almost solely told from his perspective.  There are also jumps between real time events and events that happened before, making the storytelling more interesting. Also, the setting is a kind of West- to Middle-Europe after an atomic war, people going back to Middle Age standards while using the ruins and little leftovers of the civilization before them. Atomic mutations have led to very few people having talents.

DISLIKES: None so far. But I'm easy to please. XD

There is a second trilogy in the same universe but I haven't looked up yet what it is about.

If you also like fantasy/sci-fi genre and want some recommendations, please ask. ;)

I've finished only one book in April (Undergorund) because I accidentaly left the second one at my parents house. It'll have to wait for me until my next visit. 

But! I've started reading a webnovel in the meantime. I wanted to try something completely new, so I dig around Chinese novels a little bit and one kind soul recommened to me The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage by Qian Shan Cha Ke. I absolutely hate majority of what I've read so far hahaha, but I cannot deny that it's strangely entertaining in that "so bad that it's good" way tho. 

So I think I'll continue with it in may. 

uhsame:

May TBR

It's only two books because I'll be more busy than usual this month. I might get to more books though (like through listening to an audiobook). These are the ones I definitely want to finish. 

Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari

Hopefully, Sapiens won't disappoint because I have high hopes for it.  

The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

One of our May titles is the same!

toxicbybritneyspears:

I've finished only one book in April (Undergorund) because I accidentaly left the second one at my parents house. It'll have to wait for me until my next visit. 

But! I've started reading a webnovel in the meantime. I wanted to try something completely new, so I dig around Chinese novels a little bit and one kind soul recommened to me The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage by Qian Shan Cha Ke. I absolutely hate majority of what I've read so far hahaha, but I cannot deny that it's strangely entertaining in that "so bad that it's good" way tho. 

So I think I'll continue with it in may. 

Oh no no no, don't read stuff like that. XD

Try reading "The Legend of Fei". Or if you are into BL "Mo Dao Zu Shi" aka The Founder of Diabolism aka The Untamed.

I got a real long list over at novelupdates.com, lemme know if you need recommendations. ;)

Lady Nimue:

No worries. Classics tend to be flowery in their descriptions and have a steep learning curve. I usually listen to them through audiobook since I don’t think I’ll be able to finish them I read them through ebook and paperback. 

I'm doing the 100 classic books (I love classics novels)  scratch poster challenge, so I try read 5 or 10 classic books a year

fiflydramalover:

I know I said I was going to finish Hamnet, but I finished two other books instead. They're business books so they're kind of boring. I had already started them months ago so it's less impressive than it sounds. OH! But I did actually start reading Hamnet. I'm like page 10 now. 

I feel you, I was suppost to read Piketty Le capital around now >< my edition is library it doesnt help too