kdramamad wrote: do you have to pay to use livemocha?

Nope~ it's absolutely free ^^
hmm not very reliable thou is it LOL i swear they said the wrong thing for how to say your name i swear its your name in hamnida
PinkDiamond wrote: Violet, I want to learn Japanese too! I admire people who have the capacity to learn that language. My friend who has been learning it for 4 years loves it. But after she tried to teach me the 'alphabet' (I know that's not the technical term, but I always forget what it is), I knew that it would be difficult for me. I'll just stick to Korean for now.

I know I'm made a lot of progress because now I can understand bits of conversations wen I over hear the language.

Actually, no language is difficult when you enjoy learning it, honestly, everybody around me says 'OMG, how can you learn Japanese, they don't have an alphabet, can you read? can you speak? say 'Hi''... Hello~ I'm already studying it for 2nd year, and they expect it to be SO difficult I son't be able to say Hi? LOL
I'm sure most of my progress in Japanese has come, because I enjoy greatly my studies and always take something new for myself aside from what I study with my teacher. I learn songs, watch movies, ask questions that catch my eye when reading the lyrics etc...
The same with Korean... just enjoy what you do, and Korean is much easier, as it has an alphabet, at least....^^
kdramamad wrote: hmm not very reliable thou is it LOL i swear they said the wrong thing for how to say your name
i swear its your name in hamnida

Yeah, I said in my first post here, that LifeMocha is not very reliable...
god i know more then they do :D haha score for me ! :D
atm I use korean101 (which is very good thou u only get 7 days access to all the stuff on it) but then after that any new lessons they upload each week u can have for free + you can download it. i also use talktomeinkorean.com I also learn from watching the dramas which is good aha.
iam start learning the topic and subject marking i there thing i cant understand,
when to use them and how can i use more than one in same sentence i understand the meaning of it,

any one can tell plz write an answer,

and i use "talk to me in Korean" and livemocha.com
very helpful :)
I think the difference between topic and subject markers is that, topic markers state a contrast between something...so a sentence with eun/neun is the equivalent of 'about' 'as for' or 'unlike other things' so if you want to make a comparison you would use the topic marker. But if you wanted to stress something by putting emphasis on a word you would use i/ga (subject markers). You can use them together, but it depends on what you are trying to say. They're also dropped a lot of the time when something is obvious from the context, so I don't think you're supposed to over use them either. I hope that helps somewhat, I'm not great at explaining things, but that's just the gist of what I understand.
Thank you PinkDiamond the video was nice and helpful
Thank you alooooooooooooot,
that was nice translation to what they mean, why cant they write like what you did????!!!!!!!!!!!

one Q, i dont need to use them a lot in regular conversation, for example!!!
they used when i want the one in front of me understand what iam talking about or what iam going to talk about?is this could be the use of them!!!!
mulgogi wrote: I think the difference between topic and subject markers is that, topic markers state a contrast between something...so a sentence with eun/neun is the equivalent of 'about' 'as for' or 'unlike other things' so if you want to make a comparison you would use the topic marker. But if you wanted to stress something by putting emphasis on a word you would use i/ga (subject markers). You can use them together, but it depends on what you are trying to say.
wrote: They're also dropped a lot of the time when something is obvious from the context, so I don't think you're supposed to over use them either
. I hope that helps somewhat, I'm not great at explaining things, but that's just the gist of what I understand.

Thank you alooooooooooooot,
that was nice translation to what they mean, why cant they write like what you did????!!!!!!!!!!!

one Q, i dont need to use them a lot in regular conversation, for example!!!
they used when i want the one in front of me understand what iam talking about or what iam going to talk about?is this could be the use of them!!!!