Who can be Xiao Feng and Li Cheng Yin if there is a remake?

I cannot think of any actors except Dilraba Dilmurat for Xiao Feng's character.  Male actors?  

Leo Wu is possibly a good substitute for CXX.  

well i am not much of a Cdrama world expert so my suggestion comes from my limited exposure to this world. 

FL i would like to see  Zhao Lu Si  basing it on her character from Love like the Galaxy (2022), where she portrayed the love and hate part nicely.

ML  might be point of contention as i don't have a fixed idea but i will go with Zhu Yi Long    Story of Mi lang (2018). 

Dilraba's exotic looks fits novel Xiaofeng's ethnicity (mom is Gokturk, and dad's Xi Liang is related to central asia). But personally I think she's too old to play a 15 year old girl. Jia Nai (Nazaket Mehmut) would be a better candidate.

kookiejamz:

Dilraba's exotic looks fits novel Xiaofeng's ethnicity (mom is Gokturk, and dad's Xi Liang is related to central asia). But personally I think she's too old to play a 15 year old girl. Jia Nai (Nazaket Mehmut) would be a better candidate.

Jia Nai is way too skinny.   The female character is harder because she is too immature at the beginning of the story.  However, Peng Xiao Ran played it well although she was 26 when she acted the role.  Age doesn't pose an issue here.

The male character is harder to come across these days as many of the great actors such as Chen Xiao are ageing.  However, I feel Chen Xiao is better to play LCY because he is charismatic.

mparthur:

Jia Nai is way too skinny.   The female character is harder because she is too immature at the beginning of the story.  However, Peng Xiao Ran played it well although she was 26 when she acted the role.  Age doesn't pose an issue here.

The male character is harder to come across these days as many of the great actors such as Chen Xiao are ageing.  However, I feel Chen Xiao is better to play LCY because he is charismatic.

Since you mentioned aging actors, I think Ma Tianyu's acting is good enough for LCY. And he still looks young.

idk if you've ever watched Ice Fantasy, but when Ma Tianyu played as Yingkongshi he was really evil (and hot) and he was the sole reason that kept people watching that show.

kookiejamz:

Since you mentioned aging actors, I think Ma Tianyu's acting is good enough for LCY. And he still looks young.

idk if you've ever watched Ice Fantasy, but when Ma Tianyu played as Yingkongshi he was really evil (and hot) and he was the sole reason that kept people watching that show.

kookiejamz:

I stopped watching the Ice Fantasy because I was so confused by the story.  Not my cup of tea. 

I recently finished TTEOTM and I can see LYX in the role of Li Cheng Yin because of his dynamic acting. I can't picture another actress for the ninth princess. Maybe Li Yi Tong (recently in The Knockout) because she's a solid actress. This would be an age compatible pairing for the actors (both in their early 30's). I'm not sure if they would be considered too old to play the characters (in their early 20's). 

Rubu99:

I recently finished TTEOTM and I can see LYX in the role of Li Cheng Yin because of his dynamic acting. I can't picture another actress for the ninth princess. Maybe Li Yi Tong (recently in The Knockout) because she's a solid actress. This would be an age compatible pairing for the actors (both in their early 30's). I'm not sure if they would be considered too old to play the characters (in their early 20's). 

Wang Xing Yue from One and Only (the sickly prince) is another contender.  This lad can act and his age is similar to LCY in his early twenties.  In fact, I find him a better actor compared to Chen Xing Xu.

The female lead is tougher to replace.

I haven't seen Wang Xing Yue before. Is One and Only worth watching? I checked out his profile and it seems that he is a main supporting role in Story of Kunning Palace. If only that series would be released!

Rubu99:

I haven't seen Wang Xing Yue before. Is One and Only worth watching? I checked out his profile and it seems that he is a main supporting role in Story of Kunning Palace. If only that series would be released!

One and Only?  Yes, it's so good!  The drama is short but compact.  The best character is the 2nd Prince who became a monk.  So valiant.

I think Wang Zi Qi might make a good LCY. He's a rising young actor and can do micro expressions well. 

If this was a Korean remake:

Han So Hee (My Name, World of the Married) and Kang Tae-oh (The Tale of Nokdu -- played 2nd ML villain, Extraordinary Attorney Woo). Both are versatile actors and can play layered characters with nuance. They also look compatible physically.  

Rubu99:

I think Wang Zi Qi might make a good LCY. He's a rising young actor and can do micro expressions well. 

If this was a Korean remake:

Han So Hee (My Name, World of the Married) and Kang Tae-oh (The Tale of Nokdu -- played 2nd ML villain, Extraordinary Attorney Woo). Both are versatile actors and can play layered characters with nuance. They also look compatible physically.  

Wang Zi Qi is not a bad choice either.   Chen Xiao is definitely my first choice.

mparthur:

Wang Zi Qi is not a bad choice either.   Chen Xiao is definitely my first choice.

I agree with Chen Xiao. The only concern would be he's aging out of these doomed romance roles. I like his acting and he still looks great. 

I think they should do a modern remake of Goodbye My Princess actually, with a less naive "princess" main female lead. There can still be the power struggles between conglomerate families.

Rubu99:

I agree with Chen Xiao. The only concern would be he's aging out of these doomed romance roles. I like his acting and he still looks great. 

I think they should do a modern remake of Goodbye My Princess actually, with a less naive "princess" main female lead. There can still be the power struggles between conglomerate families.

Costume drama is better for this kind of genre.  Modern day dramas won't make it.