I've noticed that some new people have found out about JAM, and with that, questions have started to arise. I decided to gather some information for the newbies and hopefully cease all questions concerning the wonderful world of JAM -the project-

Anyone can shine! Life-changing entertainment!

●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●

What exactly is JAM - the Project-?
JAM -the Project- is a collection of projects featuring all of the Gekidan EXILE members. The project so far consists of:

Jam
JAM -the Drama-
JAM -the Recital-
JAM -the Photobook-

Jam
The movie is the first one of the saga, having as the main cast: Aoyagi Sho, Suzuki Nobuyuki and Machida Keita.

Hiroshi, Takeru and Tetsuo all live in the same city. Hiroshi is an unpopular Enka singer who deceives old womans to make a living and feels an emptiness in his life. One day, he ends up imprisoned by his fan Masako, who will change his life forever. Takeru believes he has the ability to speak to God, and believes that if he does three good deeds for a period of time, his girlfriend will return to consciousness. Tetsuo is a stubborn guy who after gets out of prison, decides to take revenge on the yakuza group who sent him there.

The movie has a more serious tone to it, since is pretty much the introduction to the JAM -the Project- world. It was officially released in 2018, having a re-release in 2021 among with the premier of JAM -the Drama-.

JAM -the Drama-
It is a sequel to the movie jam, featuring all the GEKIDAN EXILE members and ABEMA original serial drama "JAM -the drama-".

The new story created by very talented director SABU has the same world view as the movie "jam", an "entertainment movie about the karma" featuring all the GEKIDAN EXILE members, which got rounds of applause at film festivals around the world.

Sho Aoyagi & SWAY as Enka singers?!
Keita Machida as the president of an entertainment company?!
Nobuyuki Suzuki as a singer-songwriter?!
Kanta Sato as a Hong Kong star?!
And... people with the supernatural powers, people with the foreseeing ability, lip-synch artist group and others will also appear in the super JAM SESSION drama.

Hiroshi Yokoyamada (played by Sho Aoyagi) is an idol Enka singer whose popularity has been on the wane.
He turns on the TV and accidentally finds out that his former sidekick Takashi Minatomachi (played by SWAY) is singing the song "MASAKO" which he abandoned before.
In order to shine under the spotlight again, Hiroshi makes a plan on how to get the song back from Takashi but somehow they end up carrying out activities as a < master-apprentice > unit...
The person who organizes the whole process is Takeru (played by Keita Machida) who wishes that his comatose girlfriend could wake up.
He makes < a plan > for saving his girlfriend.
At the same time, a quiet youngster called Tetsuo (played by Nobuyuki Suzuki) encounters a woman and falls deeply in love for the first time in his life.
Hong Kong star Leslie Cheung Cheung (played by Kanta Sato) who worked at a ramen restaurant before, yakuza thugs Seira (played by Yuta Ozawa) and Takiguchi (played by Hayato Onozuka), Yamashita (played by Shintaro Akiyama) who once committed a robbery at Hiroshi's concert and Kaneshiro (played by Masayasu Yagi) who began to use supernatural power after that robbery.
They also carry out < life-changing > actions according to Takeru's plan...
The new < JAM SESSION > starts with a combination of the music and a fast-paced captivating story development.

The drama is a complete fever dream and it will blow your mind at how random some japanese shows can be. The drama is filled with plot twists and mind blowing events that will make you from sad, happy, confused and hyped in a matter of second. One time we are seeing a woman poison a soup and offering it to people, and then the next moment we see a dude who's possessed having a dance battle with a J-pop group. Yes, I know, pretty random. Yet, very epic stuff.

FAQ
"Do I need to watch the movie first or can I just jump straight to the Drama?"
➤ Personally, I think it's a waste not to watch the movie first. The movie stablish the background for most of the characters and it will make the experience of the drama 100 times better, since you can compare the both (because the tone of both of them are pretty different). BUT, if you don't feel like watching the movie, that's okay. Every episode of the drama we get a recap of scenes of the movie, so the non-watchers can have a "overall view" of what happened previously in the movie.

"Where can I watch JAM?"
➤ Both the movie and the drama have the raws available on the ABEMA site, but only for premium members.

But since we are not made of gold, the wonderful, amazing and perfect fansubber Machida Keita Unofficial made the honor of subbing both the movie and the drama. Go follow them on Twitter.

**✿❀Please give them lots of love and support❀✿** 

Jam 
JAM -the Drama-

Comments from the cast members & director

<Sho Aoyagi>
The sequel of "jam" will be aired as a drama. The drama is directed by SABU! Aki Yashiro will make a special appearance as well!
Please look forward to "JAM -the drama-" which is presented by all the GEKIDAN EXILE members!!

<Shintaro Akiyama>
Led by the world's renowned director SABU, these characters will gather again! In "JAM -the drama-", you will see the continuation and the previous story getting an interesting development! The characters, story and new characters will be more complex and fascinating than before... The story may unfold in an unexpected way! Be sure to watch the tricky "JAM -the drama-"!

<Yuta Ozawa>
First of all, I am honored to introduce the sequel of this work!!
I am also happy that we were able to work together and present you a new entertainment.
This powerful work perfectly combines director SABU's unique style and our power. Please look forward to this work!!

<Nobuyuki Suzuki>
"jam" will return as a drama! Its name is "JAM -the drama-"!
I will continue to play Tetsuo. My character had no lines in the movie and was like a lone wolf. In this work, I will focus on the bonds between humans to show you a grown-up Tetsuo! Be sure to watch!

<Keita Machida>
I am surprised that this work got a drama adaptation. The drama is more humorous and exciting than the movie. Be sure to enjoy the humor hidden in the tense atmosphere created by director SABU.

<Hayato Onozuka>
"JAM -the drama-" has been unveiled! This is the first time for all the GEKIDAN EXILE members to gather in a drama since the movie which was released 3 years ago.
Please look forward to the characters' background that was not shown in the movie as well as how the story will develop and connect to the previous one.
The story development will surprise you.

<SWAY>
Finally, I can tell everyone about it out loud! Even we, the GEKIDAN EXILE members, could not imagine that the story would turn out like this!
Look forward to the crazy world of JAM created by SABU and GEKIDAN EXILE!

<Masayasu Yagi>
We are very happy that the much-anticipated second work of JAM will be aired. Those who have watched the first work can look forward to the unexpected development that is hard to imagine from the previous work. I am looking forward to your reactions and thoughts on it. I hope that more people will appreciate JAM which is a special work for GEKIDAN EXILE. Be sure to enjoy the worldview of JAM!

<Kanta Sato>
In the movie "jam", I played a worker of a ramen restaurant. This time, this character encounters something extraordinary. It is a drama with a story that is hard to predict.
It is a great honor for me to be involved in the worldview of director SABU. Look forward to "JAM -the drama-". All your common sense will be overturned.

<Mariko Tsutsui>
I will play my favorite character Shoko again! I had a tough and fun filming with director SABU and the energetic GEKIDAN EXILE members who are also charming. Passion, power, singing and dancing! It is an entertainment that you have never seen before. Let's enjoy it together!

<Yuri Tsunematsu>
Raria is a free spirit who is often moved by things around her. Led by such Raria, I encountered many things during the filming that I have never experienced before. Action scenes, comedy, love & drama! Such a work will definitely lead you to an unknown world! Be sure to watch it!

<SABU / Director>
Enka with elements of pop, ghosts with pure love stories, gangsters and dance, comedy with Kung Fu, as well as delusions, sprinting, oiran, and Amazoness... We created such an entertainment work with the extremely chaotic elements. Be sure to watch it!

Please look forward to the JAM project that shows GEKIDAN EXILE's charm through various forms of entertainment!

(me forcing everyone to go watch Jam)