in EP 9, persent time
Timestamp 36:00
FL come to visit ML place

Both actually made up and hugged each other - good indication. Like a (FL wanted ML to beg that i miss you,) wtf is that indirect meaning for I still love you? 🔍🔍

Straight outta they shown 2027 thier daily day life scenes. FL as idol and ML as working person.

In korea, they don't like thier idol dating some person. If idol dating news out public, They mostly trash talk about idol and even end thier career. Maybe that why Director didn't show in normal way.

They are in secret relationship like a FL as Celebrity person and ML as Non celebrity person.

end of ep9, If he is single in 2027. in cake store why ML unnecessary smile looking at cakes.

If ML is in relationship with someone and smile at cakes that valid point.

Indirect HE

I agree with your interpretation.  That smile at the store seems as if he’s thinking fondly of someone.  

They are in a  relationship .  😀

The ending is so open and their hug convinced me enough into believing that even if they are on a break, they are exclusive for each other because they will inevitably get back together. So yeah, I think with the cake scene it can be interpreted the same way. He was obviously thinking of her. For me, its a happy ending.  And I know its unusual for a s2 comeback, but it would be soooooooo nice to have one. 

My interpretation is that it was an open ending up to what we want to believe as viewers.  I think in a way, one of the message here is that we always like to imagine how a star live their lives. You can say that knowing how Doona and Won Joon had that final scene hugging each other, we are still imagining what had happened to them afterward. Questions like, did they get back together or are they fully over now with no chance of crossing paths again?

We would discard the ending we do not like and choose to believe what we want. But one thing to note is the amount of sacrifice that goes into relationship especially for a celebrity that receive the public's love. Whether Doona did get back with Won Joon or not, both can be considered viable ending that is not truly bad. The last montage where we never see them being together after the hugging scene prove that they are still doing what they excel in. They share good memories with one another, and they missed each other dearly. With those, they became "better individuals" whom have their lives change forever because of each other. Won Joon being the guy that pulled Doona out of her slump and influence her to take control of what she wants to do in life. Doona whom brought joy and essentially allow Won Joon to express himself as a person with weakness instead of just being restraint.

Overall, I enjoyed the short drama a lot. Doona is a bae indeed XD.

Although, it seems like there is a theory where at the beginning of episode 9 of Doona and Won Joon meeting in Japan in front of a pink weed field. So maybe there is some sort of correlation there toward a happy ending kekekeke. It would remain as a Doona theory.

Did my further research and saw this post which could be great to get future viewer to understand the ending. https://x.com/lalisavtaehyung/status/1715457497341813219?s=20 

It was hiding in the intro scene of each episode of Doona all this time. Still, it can be an open ending or a happy ending since we didn't get the full straightforward answers other than crumbs. Either way, thank you for the person that compile the vid.