Just a question! I love all the paintings Shin Yi did in his journal at the end for all the cases he solved but I cant make up some of the paintings and which cases it refers to:

1. A guy portrait - the first case he solved before he joined the department
2. A girl with a guy at the background - the plastic surgery case
3. 2 girls with fireworks - the tomboy girl case
4. A beautiful woman touching her lips - the death row case
5. 2 hands tied together - ???
6. A woman with water background - M case (Shin Yi finally remembers her face after drowning incident)
7. A little girl with 2 puzzle faces - Jewelry robbery case
8. A girl with butterfly - Female collage student rape case
9. Father, mother & son - Elderly fraud case
10. A boy portrait - Toy bombing case
11. 2 women - Domestic violence case
12. A glasses guy with knife in a book - ???
13. A guy in chess piece - The last case

Can someone tell me which are the 2 other cases?

isn't the hands tied together when he almost died in the car when dealing with the death row blood lipstick lady's accomplice?

I thought it was because each picture was for one portrait that he drew and he drew both the lady and that guy's portrait.

This is just my theory:

The 2 hands tied together in a red ribbon symbolized the girl kidnapped by the 3 in 1 guy because the hand drawn is girl's hand. Another reason that made me think of that girl in the picture because her hand was tied like that and her life is like either tied into her imagination or her father's decision.

The glasses guy with knife in a book might be the librarian (M partner that killed Captain Lei 7 years ago). The knife inside the book pointed to himself can be interpreted as he hide the crime that he killed using the knife but being exposed by M's journal and the knife is pointing at him as he still got harmed/killed after he got his job done

Tanaka-kun:

This is just my theory:

The 2 hands tied together in a red ribbon symbolized the girl kidnapped by the 3 in 1 guy because the hand drawn is girl's hand. Another reason that made me think of that girl in the picture because her hand was tied like that and her life is like either tied into her imagination or her father's decision.

The glasses guy with knife in a book might be the librarian (M partner that killed Captain Lei 7 years ago). The knife inside the book pointed to himself can be interpreted as he hide the crime that he killed using the knife but being exposed by M's journal and the knife is pointing at him as he still got harmed/killed after he got his job done

That solved everything. The tied hands drawing is the 3 in 1 guy case while the glasses guy is the library guy who killed M. So each drawing represent each case in the drama.

Thank you! :D 

13. A guy in chess piece - The last case: CEO of the computer company, but my perception of a piece to a puzzle, I think Shen Yi believes there is more to the last case.  Just like the same person who was stalking M, is also stalking Shen Yi are linked to the last case, also there is a missing page of the case the team has overlooked.

MyDL4ver:

13. A guy in chess piece - The last case: CEO of the computer company, but my perception of a piece to a puzzle, I think Shen Yi believes there is more to the last case.  Just like the same person who was stalking M, is also stalking Shen Yi are linked to the last case, also there is a missing page of the case the team has overlooked.

Yes, the last guy is the last piece to the puzzle as after 7 years, the case from before is finally solved. Where do you get that Shen Yi believes there is more to the last case? I didnt get this from any of his behaviors. 

The person who was stalking M is an underling of the CEO guy as he was looking after her after she changed her face and become someone else (as M has his secrets and disappears). Which one is the missing page of the case that the team overlooked?

how about the one where the guy cuts out the models face to make a collage?

So they red ribbon tied is the girl kidnapped by her "boyfriend" which ended up the guy pretending to be two other fake people too. The knife in the book is the photographer who cut the model portrait case. My thing is who is the person who broke into his flat and what's the meaning behing his picture having a picture behind it and only the eye part is cut. Is season two going to focus a bit more of shin yi's past meaning his background growing up because they never mention his parents or family at all.