soTreeD:

Funny you should say that because some audience are complaining about how 'cunning' TSJ is being, manipulating XY into loving him etc... guess there really is no ideal balance to please every single audience lol

Yes...people are variety... that jealous and tempered..CX is all hot...did he led her to  listen to the gossip he caused yet.....so she got all depressred..anyway.. we still feel with YaoJing lovesickness... .and their  reunion is heartfelt.. I dont know why she said... Jing is fragile..the way protect himself from Hou...anyway.. still looking forward more yaojing dates..

Grumpy Witch:

Honestly, I'm having more fun while watching his character than when I read it. When I read it, my blood was boiling. ??

Though, I haven't watched ep. 10 yet, so I'll  see.

The way he us pissed at his grandpa  is funny.  But  the way he is getting dark is freaking scary. 

ella:

I feel that YaoJing's love has evolved after enduring such an awful heartbreaking separation. They trust each other completely now. Xiao Yao finally understand that it takes two to tango. And Jing is no longer as scared/wary of making the wrong move because I think he finally realized that Xiao Yao loves him deeply too. And it's all thanks to YZ and DW's acting skills.

I love how happy she was when watering the flowers he gave her. She was humming a song

People like livin in denial, I mean from season 1 to 2,  FL is pretty clear about her feelings for TJ, they crave for each other, long for each other, they desire and breathe for each other.  I like it, it's healthy, organic, naive and pure.

Someone said it, that scene on the mountain was very beautiful, raw.  It echoes the romantic scene on epi 28 of first season that I confess is number 3 of my top three of most beautiful romantic drama scenes. ( Number 1 nihuang of NIF recognizing her long lost fiancé, number two, the rejection of zijun towards the confession of her bestie's fiancé in First half of my life)

Remember, they’ve changed some scenes in the drama & also cut some scenes out due to short episodes.

Jing IS a very cunning man,but only when it comes to politics or business,he’s always working behind the scenes.i for instance feel heartbroken for him in this season cos it shows, how much he’s been suffering for 6 decades. In the novel? Not soo much cos it doesn’t detail what he went through. TH made it so cos she wants XY to TAKE initiative with her relationship with Jing, Jing was always the one giving while XY just sat back & watched, which cost her relationship with Jing to fall. He may look “unflattering” to you, but not to the rest of us cos we ALL KNOW what he’s been doing,he just doesn’t boast about it. XY wants a man who’s devoted to her & she found that in Jing. I love CX’s scenes too.

TH said it herself that she regrets writing some characters the way they were,that’s why she’s part of the production team. She made Jing so,cos he’s the only untainted soul despite the torture & humiliation he’s been through. More reason why XY loves him,he completes her,he lights her soul & opens her emotions up, cos she’s from a vicious family & she needs just 1 person who’s the opposite of her.

yuliyah:

People like livin in denial, I mean from season 1 to 2,  FL is pretty clear about her feelings for TJ, they crave for each other, long for each other, they desire and breathe for each other.  I like it, it's healthy, organic, naive and pure.

Someone said it, that scene on the mountain was very beautiful, raw.  It echoes the romantic scene on epi 28 of first season that I confess is number 3 of my top three of most beautiful romantic drama scenes. ( Number 1 nihuang of NIF recognizing her long lost fiancé, number two, the rejection of zijun towards the confession of her bestie's fiancé in First half of my life)

Exactly, they’re both physically & emotionally attracted to each other. XY would’ve never agreed to his 15 year promise if she didn’t like him. Her feelings for him has been clear since qingshui town. Jing may look like he’s not attentive but trust that he definitely is, he knows what’s going on, he just doesn’t care. I love such a relationship, he cherishes & adores her. She feels shy around him. Even when they broke up, whenever she sees him she acts like she doesn’t care but she DOES, she pays attention to Jing’s emotions cos if he doesn’t care, it’ll hurt her more than she’s already hurting.

Antinh85:
Maybe it's because I already the novel summaries and maybe I feel like there's no character development for Jing.  I wish TH didn't make him so fragile.  He's supposed to be cunning and smart one but needs XY to rescue him from his mess. That whole scenario just made his character more unflattering.  

I think to some extent, knowing what happens (after reading the novel) does alter the viewing experience. When I watched most of S1, I had not read the novel (I read it when I got stuck at ep 35 haha and needed to know the ending), and it was really exciting to find out what would happen.

But I've been enjoying S2. Like FTCU said, there have been changes made (things omitted, things added, things altered). Overall, I think the changes actually do benefit the character of Jing. The novel is more focused on XY and CX (as far as what S2 covers - the last part of book 2 and book 3). A lot of the action for Jing is "offscreen" in the novel - we don't exactly know what he's doing up until the wedding with Fenglong and before XY confronts him. In the drama so far, we see that he hasn't exactly just been moping about. After his sister-in-law dies, he suspects something is up and tries to confirm them (namely that Tian is not his son), but it's difficult to get concrete evidence. I appreciate the show depicting this.

The drama also makes it much more clear how his love for XY has matured over time. In S1, he was desperate to be with her and made her give that 15 year promise. In S2 Ep 6, although he still has FFB ruin XY's wedding, he thinks that she has gotten over him (Jing) and lets her decide if she wants to be with FFB or whatever. In my view, he mainly ruins her wedding to free her from a loveless marriage. It's pretty clear that in Ep 7, he did not expect her to come see him.

And while XY still does what she does in the novel to trap Hou by seducing him to cause a rift between him and FFYY, it's clear in the drama she does it of her own volition because by now, she's really invested in her relationship with Jing and wants to help him. Jing even tells her that she did not have to do that, he would find another way. And ultimately, Jing still has to catch FFYY and Hou together, which he does, and he has to deal with them afterwards, which he does. This is consistent with the novel as well.

So I guess I generally do not agree with the notion that Jing does not undergo any development in the story. I think it was fairly clear in the novel that he does (his core person is the same but he learns from his mistakes and learns to trust XY more ), but it is made even more so in the drama in my opinion. It's not as dramatic as CX's development for sure, but I will always have a fondness for Jing's character. I can't tell you how many times already I have rewatched Ep 7. Probably will rewatch 8-9 again tonight.

Hope you can continue to enjoy the show. Even if Jing or Yaojing isn't for you, there is a whole lot more to this story that is worth watching!

Well said, this time TH intended for XY to fight for her love. Instead of waiting, she decided to meet Jing halfway. As XY said, both are not blameless, but they learned their lessons.

I hate the narrative of Jing manipulating XY into loving him. What an insult to XY as a character. No one can force or manipulate her to do anything, for example, her stubborn decision to marry FL while everyone who loves her were trying to dissuade her from it. 

ella:

Well said, this time TH intended for XY to fight for her love. Instead of waiting, she decided to meet Jing halfway. As XY said, both are not blameless, but they learned their lessons.

I hate the narrative of Jing manipulating XY into loving him. What an insult to XY as a character. No one can force or manipulate her to do anything, for example, her stubborn decision to marry FL while everyone who loves her were trying to dissuade her from it. 

Absolutely!!TH wanted Xiaoyao to grow as well and going hand in hand with Jing instead of just waiting for him to come to her... 

Question to people here: How many episodes have you watched and how do you feel about them? 

I am far behind 3/23 hah,

Someone correct me if i'm wrong since it's been a while since I read the novel, but if I recalled correctly, It was Jing who took Xiaoyao to find her parents and helped Xiaoyao solve her problems and realize that her parents were very good people. Xiang Liu had nothing to do with this part of the story and was not there to help her heal, but the ending of the recent episode made it felt like he's going to get the credits or am I completely misremembering? I hope they're going to give Jing's credit where it's due.

MimiLy:

Someone correct me if i'm wrong since it's been a while since I read the novel, but if I recalled correctly, It was Jing who took Xiaoyao to find her parents and helped Xiaoyao solve her problems and realize that her parents were very good people. Xiang Liu had nothing to do with this part of the story and was not there to help her heal, but the ending of the recent episode made it felt like he's going to get the credits or am I completely misremembering? I hope they're going to give Jing's credit where it's due.

hahahahahaha not the first time they stole part of Jing's scene to change for XL... but in the novel I do remember that scene existed... he was there to cheer her up too...

But yes the major arc where Jing was vital to helping XY resolve her emotional baggage regarding her mother seem to be not adapted to screen... mostly because they probably can't afford to create another big burning set ...

oturanh_grinmjk:

Question to people here: How many episodes have you watched and how do you feel about them? 

Im on ep9...and ohh ..u should reach to ep 7 as soon as possible...

MimiLy:

You’re right,jing was the reason why XY and her mother was able to solve their differences,XY was finally able to let go of her resentment. XL has NOTHING to do with it,he wasn’t even in that scene in the novel. I hear it won’t be part in the drama but haoling king will tell her the truth. Jing will be there with her tho when they visit chi chen’s hideout residence

oturanh_grinmjk:

I watch all 10 so far. I am enjoying  them very much.  My only complaint is that  they are rushed. I wish we had 36 -40 episodes.