Regardless of what they did to Jing. I was extremely please when XY validated her love for TSJ. She is willing to wait for him to come back to her.   She said it loud and clear and showed  it by marrying him. She represented him. Ooh I feel   do validated. 

peng-peng:

Regardless of what they did to Jing. I was extremely please when XY validated her love for TSJ. She is willing to wait for him to come back to her.   She said it loud and clear and showed  it by marrying him. She represented him. Ooh I feel   do validated. 

Do you even know how many have complained for the lack of screen time & dialogue that was stolen from Jing? This is including the non shippers. They’ve complained BRUTALLY about the unfair treatment of Jing. So I’m not surprised the lyf page aren’t promoting heavily like in s1. They know they’ve fucked up

FTCU:

Do you even know how many have complained for the lack of screen time & dialogue that was stolen from Jing? This is including the non shippers. They’ve complained BRUTALLY about the unfair treatment of Jing. So I’m not surprised the lyf page aren’t promoting heavily like in s1. They know they’ve fucked up

I wish in the year that they had between S1 and S2 they could have re-filmed parts lol. They could have. Maybe that's not how things work in China, or no budget/schedule for that, but it's too bad. In the US, for example, a show can take feedback from its first season and try to make the next one better.

FTCU:

I know. What can we do. TH did many wrong. She insulted the jing fans and  she does not care.  The cut are purposely done because she did not want him to shine. They are not even promoting Jing  at all.  She wanted her fav to shine. 

All the effort of S1 put to waste by a crappy S2. 

ChunTian:

All the effort of S1 put to waste by a crappy S2. 

Everybody has been saying this, they know they fucked up s2

I will really get angry if they change the culprit of Jing murder into Xin Yue, it will decrease the gravity of the story. I was already disappointed that they robbed a lot of Jing's scenes. They made him look like a side character. He was the only one that got to pay respect to XY's parents, ironically in the drama CX and XL bowed and paid their respect but Jing was treated as outsider and was sidelined.

Pammy:

I will really get angry if they change the culprit of Jing murder into Xin Yue, it will decrease the gravity of the story. I was already disappointed that they robbed a lot of Jing's scenes. They made him look like a side character. He was the only one that got to pay respect to XY's parents, ironically in the drama CX and XL bowed and paid their respect but Jing was treated as outsider and was sidelined.

Xl did in the novel but he was alone. Cx was not i there when Jing took Xzy to see her father in Haoling before going to see her mother.

Pammy:

Sweetie,you’re going to be REALLY pissed then, cos it’ll be Xing Yue & not CX heh. People are already mad about this season especially with Jing’s scenes & lines. Why do you think,they’re not promoting it that hard like in s1? They’ve failed this season & even non novel readers are very angry.

FTCU:

Sweetie,you’re going to be REALLY pissed then, cos it’ll be Xing Yue & not CX heh. People are already mad about this season especially with Jing’s scenes & lines. Why do you think,they’re not promoting it that hard like in s1? They’ve failed this season & even non novel readers are very angry.

It doesn't make sense. Why did they have to change the most important part of the novel? Too many plotholes. Scripts can really butcher a drama with great cast.

This drama could have been a master piece of only TH  has followed her own novel . I guess money did the talking and she wanted to promote her fav actor. 

Pammy:

It doesn't make sense. Why did they have to change the most important part of the novel? Too many plotholes. Scripts can really butcher a drama with great cast.

Some people guess censorship (can't have ML and an emperor at that going around murdering people - except, that's what emperors have done unfortunately so I don't get why it's so taboo). Or maybe they wanted to make CX more palatable as the male lead, which is dumb. His character was already great in his complexity and humanity (he is flawed and could not overcome his darkest desires). This season made him into an even more petty, jealous and overdramatic dude. Even ZWY's performance cannot salvage this mess.

Poor Jing, he suffers the most from this crazy script because...he has no lines! I'm rewatching currently, and the most egregious episodes are from 14-17. His story is incomplete. His helping XY heal was a key part of his character, and that's not fulfilled in the drama. XY seeing her mother and her mother seeing her and Jing together after they (along with Haoling King) literally cross through hell to find her is an important sequence. Even visually it represents a rebirth after trial/death by fire. XY says to CX at the end of ep 18 that Jing healed and saved her - it would have been nice to show that more on screen.

I would have loved to love this second season because I loved the first and the novel. But if it goes down in flames, I am very ready and happy to write a scathing review.

Sorry for the rant. I was really trying hard to give this season a chance, but as I am rewatching, I can't ignore that badness.

peng-peng:

This drama could have been a master piece of only TH  has followed her own novel . I guess money did the talking and she wanted to promote her fav actor. 

True, it doesn’t matter how short the episodes are. They could’ve adjusted it very well according to the novel or change some part here & there but the way they basically changed everything is fucking annoying. I’ll give this a 4 when it’s completed 

@Sunbath

Everything is just….a MESS,total failure! They thought they could get away with half assing the drama & the fans will be cool with it lmao. That reunion & bowing down scene pissed me off soo bad! Like why the fuck would you take XY’s fiancé’s lines & scenes to xl & CX? Fuck is that all about? If you’re going to stick to the novel,then stick to it from start to finish,instead of changing a bunch of stuff in the middle of it ESPECIALLY when the later part is very crucial.

This is not a drama I will watch again . I cannot believe  I am happy that it will bloody be over next week. It is not soon enough. Such a travesty it is.