Sssnoopyyy 

Been indulging in all his scenes and YaoXuan moments. His jealousy and possessiveness is quite cute and endearing haha (toxic I know hahaha)

Same. I really enjoyed YaoXuan's lighthearted moments in episode 8. Hahaha, he's so petty.  I can take episodes 4 & 8 as their happy ending with them being by each other's side. XY can have her med clinic and Xuan can spend time with her after his royal duties. I think he would be contend just being with her without marriage. If only XY had the same thought and just be each other support and companion. 

Also, I find it so sad that viewers will rate low or drop this drama because they are too much into the shipping rather than the whole story. I call this drama a masterpiece because it can evoke many emotions in us along with the many dynamic characters. In the recent episode, XY learned that relationship takes work and trust. You can't receive if you can't give. Same goes for CX that love can't be forced. 

Katelyn Arshi:

Sssnoopyyy 

Been indulging in all his scenes and YaoXuan moments. His jealousy and possessiveness is quite cute and endearing haha (toxic I know hahaha)

Same. I really enjoyed YaoXuan's lighthearted moments in episode 8. Hahaha, he's so petty.  I can take episodes 4 & 8 as their happy ending with them being by each other's side. XY can have her med clinic and Xuan can spend time with her after his royal duties. I think he would be contend just being with her without marriage. If only XY had the same thought and just be each other support and companion. 

Also, I find it so sad that viewers will rate low or drop this drama because they are too much into the shipping rather than the whole story. I call this drama a masterpiece because it can evoke many emotions in us along with the many dynamic characters. In the recent episode, XY learned that relationship takes work and trust. You can't receive if you can't give. Same goes for CX that love can't be forced. 

OMG I KNOW! I can see them living happily with Grandpa on Xiao Yue Peak. XY doesn’t look like she would mind not have a grand wedding anyway, if she is willing to be with CX - they would just spend their days (when he is not working) in their home. Lol Grandpa needs to let it happen - can’t you see how happy they are??? I wish CX reached out to XY in the beginning, then no other man would’ve had a chance. When he told XY what their life would be like, and she said ok, my heart melted. 

Omg his jealous expressions are so cute. Sometimes I don’t even see CX but ZWY himself in those scenes hahah.

Ppl are dropping the series? Ngl when I saw the leaked script I was so devastated and didn’t wanna watch (still devastated) but ZWY and YZ’s chemistry is keeping me going. There are also many meaningful things in the drama. Really liked Tian er’s scene.

Hello!! I have a treat for you guys. I found these on Weibo. These are photoshopped obviously. I think fans are as desperate as our Gege. LOL

Fan conference July 11

Short clips of ZWY singing the OSTs

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5054983716212559

Nothing Is Better Than You: https://i.imgur.com/iTCU6FJ.mp4

With and Without You: https://i.imgur.com/iTCU6FJ.mp4

Katelyn Arshi:

Hello!! I have a treat for you guys. I found these on Weibo. These are photoshopped obviously. I think fans are as desperate as our Gege. LOL

so closeeee yet in reality so far T_____T

Katelyn Arshi:

Fan conference July 11

Short clips of ZWY singing the OSTs

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5054983716212559

Nothing Is Better Than You: https://i.imgur.com/iTCU6FJ.mp4

With and Without You: https://i.imgur.com/iTCU6FJ.mp4

He has such a good voice, does he sing on the side? His kinda voice would prob work in an opera or musical lol

Sssnoopyyy:

so closeeee yet in reality so far T_____T

He has such a good voice, does he sing on the side? His kinda voice would prob work in an opera or musical lol

Those photoshopped pictures look so real. I love his voice and he is a really good. Originally he wanted to be a singer. And you're right that he can do musicals. Here's another clip of him singing. 

https://youtu.be/ZOPPYeSUepc?si=s1Ggq5kqusYbuNc1

Sssnoopyyy:

Omg the drunk confession scene and CX’s convo with his grandpa broke me! T_________T

ZWY and his amazing ability to execute all those emotions! I love him

I had to rewatch that scene a few times, it was so good - and at long last he confesses to her, only they are both drunk. I haven't been able to see the next episode yet, just about to see if it's up on Viki now. Viki left us waiting yesterday as she walks towards Fenlong at the wedding! lol 

ZWY and his acting - it's so intense and real this season. What a great role he is making this. So much intensity from him, all the way through LYF. All the actors are giving stellar performances. For me though XaoYuan are the heart of this show, and I think I'll be devastated when their bond breaks.

Katelyn Arshi:

LOL!! "As desperate as our Gege" ??  It is good to know there are other fans out there who also want to see XaoYuan together. Even if our ship has no hope, we sail on, sharing their fate together....

Katelyn Arshi:

Sssnoopyyy 

I agree wholeheartedly that this drama is a masterpiece. It is much more than the one love story, it's about all kinds of relationships. And trauma too, and how people are damaged and can heal through love. I think it's one of the best dramas I've seen. I can't believe anyone would rate this drama low just because their ship won't happen.  From beginning to end, there are very few happy ever after relationships - in fact, I can't think of any so far, in all the characters/relationships in this drama. Which is ok, because this is a story about what happens when you don't choose love first, which is what XY is trying to do. What do you do when you want to protect the ones you love, and to do that, it ends up separating you from them? As CX said, each step seemed like it needed to be that way, so he doesn't know when he could have chosen differently. And that was so heartbreaking. 

I LOVED episode 4 and the grandpa, CX and XY hideaway!! That was such a lovely time, just to be together, the three of them, like that. I couldn't stop smiling in those scenes. 

Sandy Prater:

I haven’t shipped a heartbreak couple like this since Goodbye My Princess, and I keep thinking of ways for them to have their happy ending. Would XY’s true parentage be relevant? I don’t know what the General’s lineage is, but could her being his daughter satisfy the clans versus her current identity as the Haoling Princess? I didn’t put a spoiler warning since this was mentioned in Season 1. Btw, that makes the Haoling king’s decision to take a consort that looks like his dead wife really sad. To love someone who didn’t even love you. 

"Heartbreak couple" is such a good name for XY/CX.  I keep thinking of ways they could have a happy ending too. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! In some way they belong together.  The other three men have  parts of CX in each of them, so XY can't choose really between them. XL has CX's loyalty, fierce protectiveness, and deep love and jealousy; Jing has CX's gentleness and kindness to his sister and cousin, and family first mentality, and also his yearning for XY; and Fenglong has CX's desire to make a mark on the world to make it safe for those he loves, honesty, and adventurous nature.  Such well-written characters, it is so delightful to see so many male leads -and all the other female characters too - who have layers to them. No one is one dimensional in LYF. 

It is a little weird that the Haoling King has a consort who looks like his first wife, I've thought that all along. Definitely a lot of pining for a loved one going on in LYF and XY's family history.   That theme of choices that take you from your loved one theme.....As far as we know, XY and CX's grandpa didn't take a second wife, either. 

Blackrabbit63:
I agree wholeheartedly that this drama is a masterpiece. It is much more than the one love story, it's about all kinds of relationships. And trauma too, and how people are damaged and can heal through love.

Well said. While the romance definitely is foremost in a lot of people's minds, I agree that there is a lot more to this story than who XY loves or who she ends up with. The complex family relationships (whether it's the Xiyan royal household, Tushan clan or Chishui-Chenrong) are really interesting to me and heartbreaking.

I love seeing ZWY's gradual descent into crazy mode. Now that the FFYY and TSH stuff is done, I'm eager to see him really take it to the next level so to speak in the coming episodes.

Blackrabbit63 

7 hours ago

Sandy Prater:

I haven’t shipped a heartbreak couple like this since Goodbye My Princess, and I keep thinking of ways for them to have their happy ending. Would XY’s true parentage be relevant? I don’t know what the General’s lineage is, but could her being his daughter satisfy the clans versus her current identity as the Haoling Princess? I didn’t put a spoiler warning since this was mentioned in Season 1. Btw, that makes the Haoling king’s decision to take a consort that looks like his dead wife really sad. To love someone who didn’t even love you. 

"Heartbreak couple" is such a good name for XY/CX.  I keep thinking of ways they could have a happy ending too. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! In some way they belong together.  The other three men have  parts of CX in each of them, so XY can't choose really between them. XL has CX's loyalty, fierce protectiveness, and deep love and jealousy; Jing has CX's gentleness and kindness to his sister and cousin, and family first mentality, and also his yearning for XY; and Fenglong has CX's desire to make a mark on the world to make it safe for those he loves, honesty, and adventurous nature.  Such well-written characters, it is so delightful to see so many male leads -and all the other female characters too - who have layers to them. No one is one dimensional in LYF. 

It is a little weird that the Haoling King has a consort who looks like his first wife, I've thought that all along. Definitely a lot of pining for a loved one going on in LYF and XY's family history.   That theme of choices that take you from your loved one theme.....As far as we know, XY and CX's grandpa didn't take a second wife, either. 

I love how you identified the other three men's characteristics as similar to CX's. Grandfather Emperor probably has many consorts too as that is a normal practice. Hence, CX has all these uncles and cousins who wanted to kill him.  Grandfather only loved his queen though. You can see he misses her everyday.

Katelyn Arshi:
I love how you identified the other three men's characteristics as similar to CX's.

Katelyn Arshi:
I love how you identified the other three men's characteristics as similar to CX's.

I was having fun with the 4 male leads and how they worked as a group.....because CX and XY have such a deep bond, which she has with none of the other characters. If they were similar somehow...that deep bond is so interesting to watch, and I love it.

Have you read the novel, Katelyn? Do you know if the Grandfather Emperor has other consorts? It's never explained if the two uncles are all from the same mother - I guess not, or they would have been with CX and his mother when CX was a child. Good point, then. Grandfather Emperor only speaks of CX's and XY's grandmother to them both, so they share the same grandmother. Yes to the Grandfather Emperor only loving his queen. So another theme going on in both families then, the men loving one woman only.

Blackrabbit63:

I was having fun with the 4 male leads and how they worked as a group.....because CX and XY have such a deep bond, which she has with none of the other characters. If they were similar somehow...that deep bond is so interesting to watch, and I love it.

Have you read the novel, Katelyn? Do you know if the Grandfather Emperor has other consorts? It's never explained if the two uncles are all from the same mother - I guess not, or they would have been with CX and his mother when CX was a child. Good point, then. Grandfather Emperor only speaks of CX's and XY's grandmother to them both, so they share the same grandmother. Yes to the Grandfather Emperor only loving his queen. So another theme going on in both families then, the men loving one woman only. 

Haoling Emperor does not have any more consort, just the one that looks like XY mom. Xiyan King....all his consorts are dead...they basically killed eachother, or died of heartbreak. I don't remember the history, but it's in Once Promised, XY mom's story.

Sunbath12:

Well said. While the romance definitely is foremost in a lot of people's minds, I agree that there is a lot more to this story than who XY loves or who she ends up with. The complex family relationships (whether it's the Xiyan royal household, Tushan clan or Chishui-Chenrong) are really interesting to me and heartbreaking.

I love seeing ZWY's gradual descent into crazy mode. Now that the FFYY and TSH stuff is done, I'm eager to see him really take it to the next level so to speak in the coming episodes.

I can hardly wait for his descent, so we can see ZWY's acting skills....but at the same time, dreading the breaking of that bond between him and XY.....these traumatized characters in this story continue their stories of how trauma informs their decisions - I love how XY referred to that in Ep 7 with Jing, and how that was worked out. All the complex relationships in this drama, the families, etc, fascinate me too. 

I get to see episodes 8 & 9 tomorrow. I'm still reeling over seeing episodes 6 &7 today. I loved CX's response to hearing XY had run away from the wedding!