plor20:
Haoling Emperor does not have any more consort, just the one that looks like XY mom. Xiyan King....all his consorts are dead...they basically killed eachother, or died of heartbreak. I don't remember the history, but it's in Once Promised, XY mom's story.

Thank you for this. This is what the show was showing us too, at least how it currently stands in both palaces. Interesting that the Xiyan King's consorts were so bloody among themselves too, I can see hints of that with Xin Yue as empress in CX's harem.  How she would be terribly spiteful to anyone who had CX's interest. Ooops, I think I saw this in a spoiler, that we do see this sometime in the next few episodes. Hurray! lol

Blackrabbit63:

Thank you for this. This is what the show was showing us too, at least how it currently stands in both palaces. Interesting that the Xiyan King's consorts were so bloody among themselves too, I can see hints of that with Xin Yue as empress in CX's harem.  How she would be terribly spiteful to anyone who had CX's interest. Ooops, I think I saw this in a spoiler, that we do see this sometime in the next few episodes. Hurray! lol

I am particularly not a fan of Xiyan King....he does mellow out a bit by the time LYF came around. But his hunger for power hurt so many, and XY's grandmother so was stubborn unsympathetic too that caused the bad blood between her and consort. 

Blackrabbit63:

Thank you for this. This is what the show was showing us too, at least how it currently stands in both palaces. Interesting that the Xiyan King's consorts were so bloody among themselves too, I can see hints of that with Xin Yue as empress in CX's harem.  How she would be terribly spiteful to anyone who had CX's interest. Ooops, I think I saw this in a spoiler, that we do see this sometime in the next few episodes. Hurray! lol

I'm itching to say this about Xin Yue as Empress. She is really not empress material. In this position you are supposed the lead by example and be a role model. At least empresses in other dramas, they keep their public image clean. How dare she bad-mouth XY like that in public !!  She just showed how ugly she is inside. Too bad that CX didn't have a choice in choosing his queen. What a down grade!! Xin Yue as empress is nowhere near the former one who was remembered and praised.

plor20:

I am particularly not a fan of Xiyan King....he does mellow out a bit by the time LYF came around. But his hunger for power hurt so many, and XY's grandmother so was stubborn unsympathetic too that caused the bad blood between her and consort. 

Yeah, I heard how ruthless he was which is not surprising. He mellowed a lot here and the fans actually like him a lot but not know how he was before.

Blackrabbit63:
these traumatized characters in this story continue their stories of how trauma informs their decisions - I love how XY referred to that in Ep 7 with Jing, and how that was worked out.

Great point regarding the trauma. To me, it's a very important theme in the whole story. All the main characters (except maybe A'Nian lol) have faced so much trauma and how they deal with it and grow (or are harmed by it) is fascinating to watch, discuss with you all and rewatch haha.

Katelyn Arshi:

I'm itching to say this about Xin Yue as Empress. She is really not empress material. In this position you are supposed the lead by example and be a role model. At least empresses in other dramas, they keep their public image clean. How dare she bad-mouth XY like that in public !!  She just showed how ugly she is inside. Too bad that CX didn't have a choice in choosing his queen. What a down grade!! Xin Yue as empress is nowhere near the former one who was remembered and praised.

I am looking forward to my next two episodes (8 &9)  tomorrow! lol  Considering that they started out as friends, Xiao Yao was right to try and put space between her and Xin Yue after all. I wonder if she sensed something before about Xin Yue? She certainly didn't want Cang Xuan to marry her.....In one of my other favourite dramas, Empress Ki, the same thing happens - the Emperor hates his first Empress, whom he is forced to marry.  She is a terrible, cruel, vindictive Empress to the harem. What she does is truly evil to the pregnant consort. I think it goes to the lack of love from the Emperor in both dramas;   certainly in Xin Yue's case, who went in completely blind to CX's lack of affection for her. 

You are right that in every drama, the Empress is supposed to lead by example and be a role model. I am so curious what Xin Yue says about Xaio Yao now! 12 hours to go until it's up on Viki...

Sunbath12:

Great point regarding the trauma. To me, it's a very important theme in the whole story. All the main characters (except maybe A'Nian lol) have faced so much trauma and how they deal with it and grow (or are harmed by it) is fascinating to watch, discuss with you all and rewatch haha.

You raise a really interesting point - A'Nian is maybe the only non-traumatized person in LYF! At least of all our main characters, and many of the secondary characters too. So she is this sweet bubbly innocent character, and yet she hasn't learned from watching anyone around her. Is she what XY would have been like if she hadn't been captured and tortured? No, XY had already lost her mother and her aunt....she was already like CX, though not as traumatized as he was until they were separated. So A'Nian had the most normal childhood of any of our characters.  So I wonder why having her sister be missing for 300 years (or less for her, we aren't told when A'Nian was born) hasn't affected her? 

I am enjoying so much discussing this show with everyone here! I love that CX and XY have their own ship here too! tiny but mighty ?

Something fun on Twitter I saw today, the MBTI's for XY, CX, and Jing:

https://x.com/_LostYouForever/status/1811475450457198894 

and for XL, Feng Long and A'Nian 

https://x.com/_LostYouForever/status/1811475461379067955

Katelyn Arshi:

I was baffled at how entitled she was in expecting to have the position AND CX’s love. How can you expect that when you were MIA during his troubled times? She is def not Empress material or even fit to be in a harem considering her tantrums. I sympathize with all women in the inner palace, not a great life, but you would think she’d be smarter about things - one cannot survive in the palace without patience and a filter lol. I loved that they included that boat scene where CX gave her a lesson in his own way (he literally killed 3 birds with one stone with that simple technique- 1. Punish Xinyue and humilitating her 2. Maintain good relations with his consorts (which will not only piss XinYue off more but prevent suspicions from his other wives on how important XY is to him 3. Get rid of the flower in XY’s hair since he knew Jing gave it to her hahahah). I do admire his ability to resolve conflicts effortlessly and high EQ, perhaps that is why he is King.

I am sad we won’t get all the assassination scenes in the drama based on the leaked script - I believe XinYue tried to kill XY twice in total, and the whole conversation from the novel where she explains why she wanted to kill XY (which was an exciting scene).

Sssnoopyyy:
I do admire his ability to resolve conflicts effortlessly and high EQ, perhaps that is why he is King.

I am sad we won’t get all the assassination scenes in the drama based on the leaked script - I believe XinYue tried to kill XY twice in total, and the whole conversation from the novel where she explains why she wanted to kill XY (which was an exciting scene).

Great analysis! CX is soooo smart....except when it comes to recognizing Xiao Yao in disguise! 

I have to watch ep 8 & 9 shortly, then I will be caught up.  I am looking forward to reading the novel now. I can't believe Xin Yue tries to kill XY! Nooo!  Also Xiao Yao had said earlier to CX in S1 that Xin Yue had missed her chance with him when she pulled away when he was in trouble.  Now we are seeing it play out - CX is very unforgiving of being abandoned, too.  If only Xiao Yao hadn't brother-zoned him! they are made for one another....

Sssnoopyyy:

I'm guessing the drama will need to condense this plot, so I will be anxiously awaiting as you are to see how it works out. I think they need to show something because the show is already foreshadowing some badness to come between Xinyue and XY.

Sunbath12:

I'm guessing the drama will need to condense this plot, so I will be anxiously awaiting as you are to see how it works out. I think they need to show something because the show is already foreshadowing some badness to come between Xinyue and XY.

Yeah sadly, lol I wanna see a crazy CX so it would be nice if we have more drama where he gets all protective and possessive hahaahh

Sssnoopyyy:

Yeah sadly, lol I wanna see a crazy CX so it would be nice if we have more drama where he gets all protective and possessive hahaahh

Yes, I am all here for crazy CX - I'll take what we can get. Even if it's a dream/hallucination or whatever, I guess I will take it all lol.

Sunbath12:

Yes, I am all here for crazy CX - I'll take what we can get. Even if it's a dream/hallucination or whatever, I guess I will take it all lol.

Same for me. I'll take whatever they'll dish out for us.  This drama is one of the best out there.

Guys, the weekend will be slow without new episodes. If you like to see CX or YaoXuan content, please do check this out on my ig. I usually do graphical edits for the dramas that I love but I'm too wrapped up in LFY.  I will definitely edit some of my YaoXuan's favorite scenes.

https://www.instagram.com/katelyn_arshi/