We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 Badgal1995:

The madness of watching this as Christmas approaches. My heart is still crushing even though I enjoy the ride I will never recover not me wanting to cry again every time I came across this song on YouTube that played everytime  someone dying. 

I was sad when Qian Zhao died but I didn't  start crying until Yuan Lu died. He was just a kid T_TI wish they focused more on Li Tong Guang and Yang Yin's relationship before they got married. The writers didn't focus on them together enough for me to care for them as a couple. Obviously, I prefer her with Yuan Lu :(

I also thought Li Tong Guang got over his obsession with Ruyi after he saw her with Ning Yuanzhou outside of the cave in episode 35 but then he tried to force her to marry him in a later episode. All his character development down the drain. That scene was so unecessary and made Li Tong Guang look bad.

I thought the ending was confusing. Do you think Ruyi and Yuanzhou faked their deaths? Was that boy who was talking to Chu Yue at the end their kid? 

edit: nvm, the actors talked about the ending :( https://twitter.com/fandoestrans/status/1738866234954002578

atmospheres:
Me too, I'm thrilled! Also, we're not weird, we're in good company because TJC said in the video that he is a fragrance fan and collector too! Also, yes, most of my friends are into shoes, clothes, or handbags, not fragrances so much like me.

My problem is I'm into all of those things, plus fragrances!! :-)

atmospheres:
I do think I tend to gravitate to more unisex or borderline masculine scents. I prefer more peppery, sharp, herbal, musk, warm and skin-scented, lighter/bright/green woody rather than smoky woody scents, and light orientals

atmospheres:
I think in general I tend to prefer modern, clean, unisex, complex scents

It sounds like our tastes are different as I lean towards feminine fragrances. My taste runs the gamut from easy-going to bold attention-getter. I think my thing is sensual/warm rather than fresh. That said, when looking through my collection to write this post, I do have several fragrances that are fresh, green, woody or spicy. Why limit ourselves to any one thing :-)

I'm familiar with the majority of the fragrances that you mentioned and some are in my collection :-). The one that I haven't heard of is  Vallee de Farny. Lily-of-the-valley is not a note that I've paid particular attention to, although it is featured in several fragrances that I like. I did chuckle when I saw Fleur Narcotique since I mentioned that one in one of my posts. It's one of my often-worn fragrances. I've wanted to try Glossier's You after I heard that it's a clean skin scent, but it's hard to get this brand where I live. The shipping cost is insane. A friend gave me a Dedcool's sample pack for my birthday. I haven't cracked it open yet but will keep an eye out for Taunt. I've tried Byredo Bal d'Afrique and Mojave Ghost, both lean sweet on my skin. I've heard some good things about Rose of No Man's Land and will give it a smell.

atmospheres:
this perfume called Salt that I don't know what brand it is

If it's the same Salt that I have then it's by Ellis Brooklyn. Does it come in a blue bottle? It's one of my summer/beachy fragrances. This brand is easy to wear - they have a few other fragrances that are also lovely. Not overly complex, but sometimes you just want straight-forward and pleasant. 

atmospheres:
What were your first perfumes? Mine were CK Be and The Body Shop White Musk lol.

We are fragrance twins because I owned both of these once upon a time :-) And along with White Musk, I also owned Coty's Musk. The love affair with Musk started early :-).The other ones were Cacharel's Noa and YSL's Babydoll. And Mugler's Angel. Smell is the sense that is strongly tied to memory, so whenever I smell these, it takes me back to moments when they were worn.

atmospheres:
The Chanel #19 sounds very interesting, I do prefer a green fresh floral, and I will check it out,

If you like green fragrances, then have a smell of the eau de toilette version - that leans a lot greener compared to the eau de parfume. Chanel's Cristelle is also another beauty that I forgot to mention in my citrus-forward fragrance comment. The eau de toilette version is my preference in this one. Minimalist, clean and crisp - crystal-like as befitting its name. As you mentioned liking the bitterness in Bigarade Concentree and Bergamot, Cristelle might just be right up your alley.

I'll do a list of the one that I've worn often in the past year. I can probably do a separate one for holy grails or white floral :-)

Baccarat Rouge 540 - eau de parfume not the extrait. Sweet, yet sparkling and airy on my skin. A real compliment getter as you probably already know. Unfortunately, it has gone mainstream in the past 3 or so years and too many people are wearing it now. Yes, I'm a bit of a snob and don't want to smell the same as everyone else :-)

Ex-Nihilo's Fleur Narcotique and Ormond Jayne's Levant - these two are almost identical, IMO. Fleur Narcotique is brighter and more sparkling, but it doesn't last on my skin. Levant is more tangy/citrusy and lasts longer on me - probably because it's not as bright/sparkling

Ex-Nihilo's Lust in Paradise - similar in character to Fleur Narcotique sparkling and fresh, but not as floral or sweet. Pink pepper, peony and litchi - sweet, tartness and dried down to a soft tart musk. A summer mainstay along with Fleur and Levant. It's like a pretty girl in a summer dress.

BDK's Gris Charnel - milky spiced chai with cardamon sweetened by fig. A warm, cosy fragrance that is perfect for cooler weather. Worn it on a trip to South Korea during winter and it just reminded me of that trip whenever I smell it now. It's like a snuggly cashmere sweater.

Miller Harris' Scherzo - rose and oud. probably my most worn rose fragrance. Definitely on the sweet/feminine side, although not cloyingly sweet thanks to the slight smoky incense quality on my skin. There's a sparkle to the sweetness at first spray that I wished lasted longer. Better for cooler weather. Sensual and womanly rather than girly and coy. 

Van Cleef & Arpel's Santal Blanc - smooth creamy sandalwood with soft musk in the dry down.  It's an easygoing wood fragrance that is good year-round and for all occasions. 

Guerlain's Angelique Noire - From Geurlain's premium L'Art & La Matierre collection. It's a green, herbal vanilla scent that is unique, IMO. A discovery from early in the year to the potential lament of my wallet/bank account :-). The price is eye-watering and I'm still thinking whether I should part with my hard-earned cash for a full bottle. Definitely not a safe blind buy.

Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur - creamy spiced vanilla with a hint of wood. It turns a bit animalistic on my skin which I like (it's musk after all), but may turn off others. It's a bit of a polarizing scents. Not a safe blind buy.

What are your top 5 holy grails? The one that you would keep if you need to cull your collection.

Badgal1995:

I was watching the "Ying Yang Master" and in the start they been saying an legend story about :

Humans and demons initially live together in harmony. But then an evil demon named Xiangliu, proclaimed himself to be the Demon Emperor. The nine-headed serpent seduced the demons into wreaking havoc upon the mortal world. Fortunately, Yin yang masters fought back and created a powerful weapon, The Tushan Sword omgg. I though directly about LYF no nonsense Jing is always an virus somehow in XL neck.

Jing, jing,

OH WOW

The movie with Deng Lun??

Jaysus I need to rewatch that.

Nelly12:

I appreciated Tan's talent in Missing You - Love Me, Love Me, Love My Voice. I was first blown away when I heard Bones to Sand. To me, it was a powerful presentation that stole my heart.  

Oh! Hey there Nelly! Welcome! ❤️

Thank you😁😁😁

Nelly12:

Thank you???

Always nice to see new folks here!

Badgal1995:
Look This TikTok also : https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeFBNpkC/

"None of your business."  LOL!  I love it!  He's clearly a man of little patience with idiocy.  

Elise:

IKR, nice to see the Ajiu getting some love and appreciation with those tiktok edits. I'm planning on making gifs for him too since I barely see any on Tumblr ❤️ 

He also made a Christmas short with his aunt from the show https://www.youtube.com/shorts/wAptOZv6g4A

Nice!

Elise:
Off topic but if you guys haven't finished A Journey to Love yet, do yourselves a favor and don't watch it during Christmas time. I haven't reached the end yet and I'm already crying. No cap, this is sadder than XL's ending.

WUT???  How can that be?  Sadder than XL???  How can I watch that?

Merry Christmas, y'all! it's Christmas time and I'm still checking this board :-). It's like a daily habit now.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful festive season with their loved ones. Delicious food and drinks, and pressies!!!

HeadInTheClouds:
Merry Christmas, y'all! it's Christmas time and I'm still checking this board :-). It's like a daily habit now.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful festive season with their loved ones. Delicious food and drinks, and pressies!!!

Merry Christmas! 

I just got back from my family gathering.  We held it early, cause some folks have to work on Christmas.  So much food.  So much energy from the children.  So much Mom Unit.  IOW, another family holiday. lol!

Looking forward to a relaxing Christmas day.

Kokuto:

WUT???  How can that be?  Sadder than XL???  How can I watch that?

It's really sad. Multiple deaths....... and the ending is ambiguous :/

HeadInTheClouds:

Merry Christmas guys

I can't wait to enjoy palm wine and assorted protein with my family in the morning ....

...have fun guys

Kokuto:

Merry Christmas! 

I just got back from my family gathering.  We held it early, cause some folks have to work on Christmas.  So much food.  So much energy from the children.  So much Mom Unit.  IOW, another family holiday. lol!

Looking forward to a relaxing Christmas day.

Working on Christmas? That ain't right. Isn't Christmas' Day a public holiday?

Christmas get-together drained my battery; there's only so much children running around I can take. Unless I joint them :-)I had a quieter Christmas this year since half the family is overseas. 

I'm bracing myself for the crazy horde for the Boxing Day sale 

Merry Christmas you thirsty ladies!

Have some gifts! Santa said we have been good girls! Debatable, but okay :D