Kokuto:

Tan Jian Ci's studio released an adorable 520 video ...

FYI, my dogs also will spit out pills if I try to hide them in their dog food.  lol

CUUUUUTE

Lol the muahahahahaha is priceless

liddi:
@HeadInTheClouds @Kokuto @nathsketch

The is a quick translation of the interview:

Thank you for the translation, liddi. 

The vibe of the photoshoot is quite different from the movie. I don't think they did the photoshoot "in characters".

Apparently today is the day that the broadcasting lisense for Winner Is King expired. I guess we won't be seeing Gu Yun :-(

Kokuto:

I assume the Tencent 520 poll is closed now.  And Shen Li just stomped everything.  But Tan Jian Ci fans can be happy with his showing.  Dr. Mo and Gu Sheng grabbed 7th place -- which is pretty good, considering LMLMV is the oldest show amongst the top ten.  Plus, I was surprised to see the couple beat out some more popular characters.  And even for the LYF crew, Xiang Liu was the winning CP, at #12, even beating out XY and Feng Long. 

https://m.v.qq.com/z/community-activity/rolecp-rank/index.html?cid=mzc002009pva8r2&doki_id=2101208726#/

Great results! It seems that no bots were involved this time considering the actual awesome couples they chose. Specially Shen Li.

HeadInTheClouds:

Thank you for the translation, liddi. 

The vibe of the photoshoot is quite different from the movie. I don't think they did the photoshoot "in characters".

Yes! I was very misled. I thought it was going be a little more like this photoshoot, and with divorce involved. Something a bit more complicated than what we got.

HeadInTheClouds:

Apparently today is the day that the broadcasting lisense for Winner Is King expired. I guess we won't be seeing Gu Yun :-)

It’s sad and infuriating at the same time. All the work that Tan, Chen, and everyone involved put into this will never be seen by the fans ༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ

JINGER ALERT!!!

Google Translate on Twitter has been infiltrated by Jingers!  Google Translate on Twitter translates YaoLiu as ... premature ejaculation.  LOL!!!

夭柳之痛,痛就痛在他们两个都太清醒 

The pain of premature ejaculation is that both of them are too clear-headed. 

https://x.com/tlmssusu/status/1792883092518257016

nathsketch:

Great results! It seems that no bots were involved this time considering the actual awesome couples they chose. Specially Shen Li.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. ;p    I'm sure there was some water / bots, but it doesn't appear obvious.  I think Plor said something about single fans not showing up to vote for CP, also.

HeadInTheClouds:

Apparently today is the day that the broadcasting lisense for Winner Is King expired. I guess we won't be seeing Gu Yun :-)

nathsketch:

It’s sad and infuriating at the same time. All the work that Tan, Chen, and everyone involved put into this will never be seen by the fans  ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ

It is beyond annoying... and very sad.

But because I'm not giving up my clown suit ... I saw someone say the usual thing C dramas do is apply for an extension.  Now, whether Winner is King can do so, or whether the production company does so, or takes the write off, is unknown.

Kokuto:

JINGER ALERT!!!

Google Translate on Twitter has been infiltrated by Jingers!  Google Translate on Twitter translates YaoLiu as ... premature ejaculation.  LOL!!!

夭柳之痛,痛就痛在他们两个都太清醒 

The pain of premature ejaculation is that both of them are too clear-headed. 

https://x.com/tlmssusu/status/1792883092518257016

AHAHAHAHAHAHA that’s new.

nathsketch:

IKR?  Such a strange translation ...

nathsketch:

Kokuto:

IKR?  Such a strange translation ...

How on earth did they get premature ejaculation from YaoLiu?

Kokuto:

It is beyond annoying... and very sad.

But because I'm not giving up my clown suit ... I saw someone say the usual thing C dramas do is apply for an extension.  Now, whether Winner is King can do so, or whether the production company does so, or takes the write off, is unknown.

Would they be successful though given the current ban on BL's adaptation? I Wonder if they can sell it to overseas distributors?

HeadInTheClouds:

Would they be successful though given the current ban on BL's adaptation? I Wonder if they can sell it to overseas distributors?

I don't think if it was made in China with a Chinese company, that they can sell it overseas, unless they have a license to broadcast.  It's for all broadcasting.

I don't know if it's automatic upon application, like my income tax extension.  Like, it has already passed, so would they have to review it again?  There have been so older shows that have been airing recently, but I don't know how they handled their broadcast licenses.

I honestly don't know why Tencent didn't air the show after they got the license.  I think they got it before the ban came down.  I just have to wonder how long the production companies are just going to suck the costs for these banned shows.  At least if it was cancelled because of an actor, they can try to recoup some of the cost from them, but not with these bans.  Not to mention, the companies could actually make money with the BL shows.

HeadInTheClouds:

How on earth did they get premature ejaculation from YaoLiu?

I have no idea ... which is why I blame Jingers.  lol