I want to clear this big misunderstanding brought by the event of September 20 to Chengyi personality. He is 

the biggest victim in this. Someone behind the scene is trying to spread bad rumors about him by making him 

look like a jerk who is not professional, cold and insensible toward his co-worker YBY. When I watched that 2 

hours video, I didn't find him to be like what some people are saying he was. What I notice is that both actors

(Chengyi and YBY) are sad and trying mutually to avoid to be friendly/close with each other. They were both 

miserable!  And MOST importantly, YOUKU had deleted an important scene where Chengyi wasn't not even 

cold to her. Here is the link https://m.weibo.cn/status/4551634283662536 . He was the one who first try to 

give his microphone to her, you can see the Director hand gesture for her to take it (he must have know something and same for the actor who play her pet in this drama, that is why he tend his microphone toward her).  Her agency must have told her to keep some distance and avoid making eyes contact with Chengyi. 

That is why she took the pet snake Guy microphone rather then the one giving to her first by Chengyi.  It must have been embarrassing for him that is why the director took his microphone away from his hand. This action is to convey a message: it ok, you were trying to give it to me BUT we can clearly see that his intention was to

give it to her. This incident most have happen earlier in this show that is why he was trying so hard to distance himself from her and standing so stiff beside her and avoiding eyes contact throughout this show.  This must 

have remind him to behave and stop being friendly with her and double it with his agency action by sending

their spy to monitor them. Which make everything worse. Earlier in this show we can see him smiling (not as 

happy and wholeheartedly as in their promotion show where he was smiling and shy), then his mood and 

attitude started to change. I can see he was uncomfortable, sad and hurting. 

I think the crew knew something is up, especially the Director and the actor who play her snake pet, both 

seem to know more. I noticed Chengyi was talking and whispering to both of them. Then he got blame for 

being rude but not the snake guy who was talking with him nor the others actors who were also talking when 

the host or others were talking. How logical and fair. Blaming only one person. Attacking one person in 

particular with malicious rumour with half misleading information is called cyber-bullying.

And her being isolate or bully by all the crew is a false accusation spread by someone with 

malicious intention or most likely by one of YBY immature fan (which is not the first time her fan have been 

accusing others like the screenwriter of this drama, XJ character voiceover).  And they are doing it again by 

accusing the crew and Chengyi of bad behavior toward her (bullying, avoiding and isolating her) while it wasn't even the case.  Are their eyes in their foot and brain made  of jelly. Can't they see what is really going on rather

then always blaming others and making their idol appears victimized. These kind of fans are not helping their

idol at all, but will eventually be their idol downfall.  Can't they see that both actors were trying hard to 

distance themselves from each other and that they are both victims. Rather then shut up and being rational,

they have to stir thing up by helping some people with malicious intention to attack and cyber-bullying one 

person in particular. This is inacceptable!!! When watching that short video I can see the owner intention was  to mislead people with half true information. When reading people comments I was baffle on how things are 

exaggerated and blow out of proportion while the 2 hours video didn't appears to be worse like those 

comments make it seem to be. The biggest victim from this mess is Chengyi who got all the blame and hate. 

His number of fans is starting to rise again when the true is revealed.  Here the link. https://twitter.com/skyfun_cake/status/1308120218783236096 

P.S, Sorry for my long rant. It got on my nerve when I see someone get cyber-bully like this.

I wonder if there are some jealous people trying to bring negative press to Chengyi since his popularity is growing. I don't think it will work and Chengyi will only get more recognition. The truth will come out!

Do you know how things are going in China currently? I watched a couple of Youtube video talked about this event and the comments under are not pretty at all. Mainly people blame him for acting un-gentlemanly. They especially sour when he didn't comfort Yuan Bing Yuan when she was crying.

What I am the most upset for is seeing how people focusing on him alone. I am sure that the distancing was agreed beforehand. And both him and Yuan Bing Yuan were avoiding each other. It is weird that only him getting all the heat while the woman get all the comfort. Was it because she crying? We don't even know the exact reason why she cried. And why people expect Cheng Yi should be the one comforting her?

In the beginning of this fiasco yesterday morning, I was actually pretty much neutral toward Yuan Bing Yuan since I saw her and Cheng Yi both were the victim. But by now, truthfully I starting to get annoyed with her and her fans. I somehow feel that those who are too zealous in Cheng Yi blaming game should be her fans.

Mir:

I wonder if there are some jealous people trying to bring negative press to Chengyi since his popularity is growing. I don't think it will work and Chengyi will only get more recognition. The truth will come out!

I am a believer that negative publication in the end is still a publication. But, whether that free publication can be favorable or not depend on how smart the mass to interpret all those negative information.

I just hope all this scandal doesn't affecting his work. He is still in the middle of filming Meng Xin Chan An as far as I know.

Right now, it seem his agency is going to sue YBY agency for breach of contract and her for not cooperating in some activity. As for Chengyi, this messy issue have taking a toll on him emotionally and mentally. It was heartbroken when I saw that article where his fans were crowding in to take his picture.  

If anything this is probably the fault of the company. With the way Cheng Yi was in the BTS I don't think he's cold or ungentlemanly at all. And Chinese fans can be sooooo annoying, like, to the point where I almost regret following certain shows just because the fans are as toxic as poisonous gas. First Xiao Zhan, now Cheng Yi? (Even Ding Yuxi was getting hated on... for supporting his co-star). Like these people (not everyone, of course, just the few insanely passionate ones with extremely flawed logic) will take any action by a celebrity and somehow manage to turn it into a hate crime. Like, oh my god, I wonder if it's better not to become uber famous after all. 

To give my take on the opinion in response to @Xien_Rue: I actually quite like YBY and CY, but it's so annoying that sometimes actions by fans affect our opinion of the actor. I mostly avoided discussion of this because comments are probably BS, but I'm so mad that people are starting to dislike YBY or CY because of actions that they can't control, or actions they were forced to do. 

Mira Vong:

Right now, it seem his agency is going to sue YBY agency for breach of contract and her for not cooperating in some activity. As for Chengyi, this messy issue have taking a toll on him emotionally and mentally. It was heartbroken when I saw that article where his fans were crowding in to take his picture.  

Oh? What article? Is it depicting the current situation? I thought it has become a norm that his fans crowding to take his photo ....

@xjs

I understand your point. It is not like I hate her or something. Just annoyed. They must have agreed beforehand to "act" certain way in that live concert. So why she was able to completely got away with it even though she in a way also acted the same?

Yeah, I know Cheng Yi overdid it than her perhaps. But still ..... I feel like she pulled a "pitiful" card or something, sigh ......

wait a minute, Why would she pull a pitiful card? Ever since the drama aired, she also got hate and blame for not good enough acting with CY. CY fans are also rude, calling her " ugly actress. Lol, both sides have been like that for a while. The reason why she got all love and praised by the people because of her manners and speech towards XJ character. She answered the host questions politely, tried to communicate with the rest actors, she was thankful for this role and ended her role as XJ professionally to the last moment. She got emotion from the moments of XJ playing on the screen. There is nothing wrong with Crying, she was so happy to get a chance to play this role. That's all. Cy got hate and blame not only because of his coldness but also his attitude on SF character. There are some video clicks that YBY is smiling, nodding, looking at CY but Cy? Even though she got issues with his company, there is not how they deal with an artist on the stage. Lol took her from a couple of games, stalking the artists whether they will interact or not, the agency deserves hated and gets fired on the internet.

Anyway, I still love both of them, already move on from this case and waiting for their next drama.

notalinsanglian:
There is nothing wrong with Crying, she was so happy to get a chance to play this role. That's all.

I was talking about this. I was not talking about the heat she also got while the drama was still airing (I agree that it was uncalled for. Criticize her acting still fine in my opinion, but fans should not take it further to be so abusive).

Back to topic, it is exactly as you say. There was nothing wrong indeed with crying. But with the current situation, those crazy fans making use of her crying to bully other people. That's why I said that I feel like she pulled "pitiful" card. The real reason of her crying has become meaningless by now. People don't want to see it any other way except she cried because she was being bullied in that concert. Woman crying in public usually will garnered more sympathy. And now this sympathy has become a sword that point to other person. I don't like it.

I get what you are trying to point out in this situation, but it isn't her fault that people are using her tears against another person. Yep, a woman crying in public usually will gain more sympathy, but here, the situation does seem like she got isolated on the stage. This is why people thought that she cried cuz of bully from the other artists which are not true. YBY also gets hated and blame for crying in that concert, and Teng she for meddling between two leads. Those crazy people are the ones who take this advantage to insult him, blame those people for using someone else emotion. 

notalinsanglian:
YBY also gets hated and blame for crying in that concert, and Teng she for meddling between two leads.

What?? Is this true? What is the reason? 

I read in the other thread that Yuan Bing Yuan and Bai Shu are slated as CP in future drama which perhaps make their interaction in the live concert understandable (as if all of them just playing drama in front of the audiences, hahahahaha). Dunno if this true though. 

In the nutshell, all this fiasco is man made. Fans should see it rationally and not thinking that those interactions are their real interaction in reality.

notalinsanglian:
YBY also gets hated and blame for crying in that concert, and Teng she for meddling between two leads.

This is so sad... there's even rumor that YBY is not initially invited for this 0920 event because this is not even in her Sept schedule based on her promotion sched which was released early Sept... because initially the event is for CY and other HR casts but interested fans were not enough... so they invited YBY to attract CP fans.... 

now a lot of fans getting refund for the fee they paid...

cyprille:
initially the event is for CY and other HR casts but interested fans were not enough... so they invited YBY to attract CP fans....

Actually, I find this information weird. It is a live concert for L&R. The participation of both ML and FL is mandatory. I don't think the company is that stupid enough.  I am afraid this is a rumor spread out to further victimize Yuan Bing Yuan and make others look worse. If they can twisted around her crying, this should not be beyond them.

Xien_Rue:
I don't think the company is that stupid enough.

Well its just a rumor but to break CP on a L&R final event where most fans are drama and CP fans... somehow not good move...