Contains spoilers*****************

Why!!!!!!!!!!  The entire series the Emperor and his wives wanted a wedding. So many precursors to the wedding. So many delays. Then in the final episode…. No wedding. Aya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How would a traditional Chinese wedding complete this drama? There is nothing traditional about this couple.

It’s like having a movie about a marathon foot race and ending the movie (after 50 hours) before anybody crosses the finish line. You can enjoy the process but it feels unfinished 

What is the purpose of a traditional Chinese wedding. The couple bows to the heavens (emperor), to their parents, and themselves. To show that they will be obedient to these people. HBY and SS are far from that type of couple. He goes against the emperor's wishes to stop investigating what happened to his family.

I felt they had a beautiful wedding. One that suited them. They are not like every other arranged couple out there. HBY was decked out in the same cape and outfit he had on at the Lantern Festival. She also had on her cape from the lantern festival. They are in a military camp in Hua County where their journey started. They are out under the stars (Love Like a Galaxy) . They pay tribute to the Huo family and the empress (who were their guiding forces) before they begin to tell each other their vows (33:00). The drama ends perfectly with the grandmother realizing how she had wronged SS and the emperor wanting to be a part of the wedding when he really didn't deserve to be, (but that is whole other issue). 

The vows were beautiful. Personally I would have appreciated not so much the wedding as much as a 4 year time leap when they have their new house, she has the garden she wanted, he has peace in his mind, surrounded my loving family and friends, hopefully a funny sequence of the whole family at meal times, and maybe 2 kids (I can see them moving fast to build up the Huo clan again)...