Hi, Mom! (Alibaba +700 USD million box office)

Battle at Lake Changjin I (Alibaba +800 USD million box office)

Hello!?!?  Tencent, big multi-billion China company...  Where r u in movie space?

--------------

1. The Forbidden Kingdom

2. Once Upon a Time

3. Mirror Twin Cities

4. Jade Dynasty

5. Legend of Ravaging Dynasties

6. A Writer's Odyssey

Do u know why #1, #4, #5 flopped?  Nobody gives a shiet about some Dynasty from the past/some other place they never been to.  Ppl can relate to Once Upon a Time because...  Once Upon a Time I was this age and did this and that.  The title immediately conjures up euphoria of some personal time long past.  A Writer's Odyssey hooks people.  Everybody read a book once in their lifetime.  People often wonder what those author's oddyssey was like to get the work made and published.  Mirror Twin Cities...  Hey I live in a city.  I wonder what a twin mirror city would be like.  Any title that makes people able to relate to has huge box office office potential.  Any production company dumb enough to skim Mirror Twin Cities IP at the box office missing out on huge opportunity.  #3 the title that hooks people the most!

-----------------------------

Wolf Warrior 2 made +800million USD from a budget of $34million.  Making a big splash at the cinema doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg.  Tencent got a killer cinematographer in Joy of Life (those scenes and camera angles are sick).  Tencent got a killer CGI team in Sword Snow Stride (I almost believed those pet baby tigers were real!)  As for the script, just keep it mindless dumb non-stop action.  Battle at Lake Changjin made #1 box office on a shiet script.  All they had going was action sequence after action sequence.  Plot, suspense?  What plot and suspense?!?!  Just think Ninja scroll (movie), one action scene led to another, no time to stop and think about the meaning of life.  Hello multi-billion company...  Can't u spare $15million on every potentially good IP to make a condensed 3 hr TV episode using all your best talents, call that a movie and screen it at the cinema?  Hello Tencent, where is your +500million USD box office movie?  Oh, that's rite you don't got one yet!

-----------------------------

Wolf Warrior II -- China's The Terminator (I must rescue John Connor, erm I mean Dr. Chen)

Battle at Lake Changjin -- China's Avatar (Avatar was a war movie set on a distant planet after all!)

Where is China's The Matrix?  Mirror Twin Cities can be China's The Matrix you know!!

------------------------------

Magicpunk/xianxiapunk (or whatever).  This niche does not exist in cinema as yet.  It's free unoccupied market space up for grabs to the first company that knows how to tap into its riches!

Every movie of magicpunk must begin with a scene that delineates the God World, Immortal World, and Mortal World.  That's what makes this genre unique.  I never met a work that dealt with all 3 realms until I encountered some of Tencent's works.

Hey, I just thought of something crafty!

Douluo Continent...  Every body lives on a Continent!  Never mind trying to be faithful to the original work.  If they would make a movie that begins with a very peaceful Continent like on Earth, then have those Titled Douluos invade the continent thru the angle of an alien invasion, I could see the movie being very successful at the box office.  Just keep the plot simple, one action sequence after another of Shrek 7 Devils fending off an "alien invasion" and wow that makes a $15million-costing movie with potential to excel to +500million USD box office figure...  Twist it a bit so that it resembles a Marvel superheroes team movie and wow that's guaranteed big box office figure!

It's about Tencent being the biggest entertainment company in China (Alibaba isn't an enterainment company) and Tencent don't even have a +500million USD grossing movie under their belt.  Meanwhile Alibaba is mainly a seller of merchandise and already has several top block busters under their belt.

Why did Alibaba became such a big shrimp at the cinema while Tencent is the small fry!  It coz their management sux and they don't even try in cinema space!