SakuraDanielle wrote: Thanks. I have been eye balling the show for a while now. I remember it had great reviews while it aired. I never got around to it though.

It's worth it. The thing that had stopped me foe the longest was the number of episodes. Then one day I was bored, and my husband wanted to watch something that I hadn't watched, and he likes historical anything, so it was a no brainer, his first beginning to end drama. It is a masterpiece. Sometimes it might seem a little slow, but its really not. Bi Dam is one of the best characters ever written.
From your ptw list, i really enjoyed GTO. It's similar to Gokusen in terms of plot and how they set up the episodes. ( like how in each episode the students face a problem then the teacher solves it blah blah blah) but the thing that makes GTO sooo much better is the acting/character of the lead guy. I just loved him so much <3
My first pick would have been Mars, but I see that as dropped :) Thank You Fated to Love You Creating Destiny Stars Falling from the Sky Jewel in the Palace Loving You A Thousand Times Ip Man Delightful Girl, Choon Yang Some of these start out more humorous, then turn serious after a few eps. They may/may not need a couple of episodes to warm up to...
Well you've seen more drama than I have, but I do have a few recommendations: Orange Days (jdrama, 2004) Eternal Summer (twmovie, 2006--super emotional romantic movie) Hinokio (jmovie, 2005 with Hongo Kanata from Nana 2 among everything else he's been in lately)