Hello! I was just wondering.. what's the FIRST DRAMA that comes to your mind when a first timer asks you for a recommendation. JUST ONE DRAMA....which also means the BEST DRAMA that you could think of that would surely capture the newbie's interest. :) Thanks in advance for your replies!

GOBLIN. 

most watchers, especially for first timers, I think it will definitely capture the imagination and interest of anyone.  

It has everything in it. Sizzling Romance and chemistry, 2 at that. Quirky and sometimes angsty Bromance. historical background with politics and tragedy-ness. All out fantasy mystique. gives valueable lessons on life/death and living. Gives not accurate yet pretty intro to cultural and myths. Brilliant ensemble cast. interesting individual characters that are all greatly narrated and brilliantly developed. funny side jokes that could go on forever. Has that melodramatic conflict. awesome big bad villain to. Fast paced, beautiful cinematography... and etc. 

back street girls - for some luls lmao

stranger/secret forest - if you like thriller/mystery, also recommend 100-man onna-tachi

chugakusei nikki - for 'taboo' romance genre

save me - if you want some dark psychological stuff

romcom ?? idk it just too diverse but my fav is because this is my first life

I 2nd Goblin.

A recommendation for a first-timer really depends on what genre you like and event  a bit on what age group you are. But a good all-around is Goblin here.

Pinocchio or Healer. I recommended Pinocchio to a relative and she seems to like it in spite of being dead set against Asian dramas.

Tbh these days I feel like all I ever recommend to people is Dorokei... But if the person was willing to give a longer series a try, I think I'd still go with Nirvana in Fire. It's just a really solid show.

It depends on the type of dramas the person likes. If they enjoy dramas that are darker and serious, then I recommend Signal and Stranger. Meanwhile, if they prefer romance, then I recommend Pinocchio and Healer.

Czakhareina:

GOBLIN. 

most watchers, especially for first timers, I think it will definitely capture the imagination and interest of anyone.  

It has everything in it. Sizzling Romance and chemistry, 2 at that. Quirky and sometimes angsty Bromance. historical background with politics and tragedy-ness. All out fantasy mystique. gives valueable lessons on life/death and living. Gives not accurate yet pretty intro to cultural and myths. Brilliant ensemble cast. interesting individual characters that are all greatly narrated and brilliantly developed. funny side jokes that could go on forever. Has that melodramatic conflict. awesome big bad villain to. Fast paced, beautiful cinematography... and etc. 

Thank you so much! She was hesitant to watch it at first but your reply convinced her to. 

russian white bear:

back street girls - for some luls lmao

stranger/secret forest - if you like thriller/mystery, also recommend 100-man onna-tachi

chugakusei nikki - for 'taboo' romance genre

save me - if you want some dark psychological stuff

romcom ?? idk it just too diverse but my fav is because this is my first life

thank you! My friend likes dark stuff so she is planning to watch Save Me. :D

alon-luna:

Pinocchio or Healer. I recommended Pinocchio to a relative and she seems to like it in spite of being dead set against Asian dramas.

thank you! I recommended Healer to my friend but she doesn't want to continue after the 1st episode. She's interested with Pinocchio tho. :D

Hiikassiie:

thank you! I recommended Healer to my friend but she doesn't want to continue after the 1st episode. She's interested with Pinocchio tho. :D

Dark stuff? How dark we talking about? Something like The True Detective?

What's her favourite western show? I might be able to recommend something, but I want to make sure we are on the same page and talking about the same type of >dark<

She likes dark stuff huh so maybe 

Voice (it has 3 season but it just continues  aaand there are just a little changes regarding the actors) 

Liar Game (there is a japanese version but also a korean, I personally did like the japanese more thou the korean was okay too) it is more mistery

Prison Playbook the plot was really interesting, and the characters were all well-played, there were funny scenes and some that made you cry ( I really did cry at one particular scene thou I am not going to spoil anything :P )

Whisper power and corruption rule the world and the protagonists try to make justice win 

The Guest this one is supernatural the main leads are a priest, a taxi driver who can see spirits(ghosts whatever you want to call them - he can see when humans are possesed and he needs the priest to exorcise them) and a police offficer. The drama was interesting and you were like thinking who is the main bad guy till the last episode

Misty you have a VERY strong FL. it is dark and the story is more mature 

Hope you will like some of them~~~

Hiikassiie:

They’re actually both similar in that they deal with crime and reporting. The only difference is that Healer has more action whereas Pinocchio has more drama. Both are fast paced and pretty good. 

If she doesn’t mind melodrama she might like Brilliant Legacy, Shining Inheritance.

It has the ff themes: Cinderella theme, jerk-male-hero becomes a nice person, hate to love theme, it’s also a family drama. I like the FL’s relationship with the MLs grandma here. :)

It depends what person would ask me...

Normaly I would say 'Who are you?: School 2015' if just anyone would ask me. 

If i know the person likes romantic stuff i would go with 'Radio Romance'