Character analysis in defence of Hong Suju

Na Hye Won: Daughter of an inveterate gambler. Abandoned by her father and used and abandoned by her mother in an ever repeating cycle. Confrontations with gangsters and loan sharks were built into her childhood and her relationship with a mother, who was willing to sell her daughter out, to meet her own venal needs.
   Na Hye Won's intelligence is a given: Being from this chaotic and abusive background and still managing to achieve high enough results at school and in the CSAT, to gain a place along wirh scholarships to the prestigious and highly selective, Hankuk University. She is more than capable of making strategic decisions. And her upbringing and social situation makes her experienced in and primed to sacrifice herself in a multitude of ways, to a achieve her goals.  She is also familiar with being secretive. Hiding her true situation, feelings and desires; common traits of abused children. At every point, I am convinced Na Hye Won she has a plan.
   The subtle play by the actor Hong Suju, of the character, Na Hye Won,  I find entirely convincing.  Her cold demeanour. Her casual acceptance of physical abuse. Her sparse dialogue. Her wide eyed, perpetually alert gaze.  Her micro-expressions, that you catch in brief, unobserved (except by us, the viewers) moments.  This for me, is what makes this drama, absolutely compelling.

This is a good analysis but I can't understand why this character decided to marry Inha if she really loved Taeoh. In the beginning they show her as being pretty confident - why didn't she take that confidence and say "I don't need a man." I think I would have liked this series more if she was not in it. 

IRL I agree, she'd have been better on her own.  In this, I honestly think they needed MORE of her character.  If she'd been more manipulative, scheming and sinister, it would've been a blast.  And would've made more sense of why the boys turn on each other.

1. It's unnecessary character in this drama its should be supportive role not lead role... acting wise no one like her its wrong for  her but realy i am disappointed heracting skill  good as guest in love stuck in city more win minho
  1. It's unnecessary character in this drama its should be supportive role not lead role... acting wise no one like her its wrong for  her but realy i am disappointed heracting skill  good as guest in love stuck in city more win minho
 ubahrubatuba:

This is a good analysis but I can't understand why this character decided to marry Inha if she really loved Taeoh. In the beginning they show her as being pretty confident - why didn't she take that confidence and say "I don't need a man." I think I would have liked this series more if she was not in it. 

1. Thats not her fault thats writer narration wrong if he wana make her lead character he should show her backstory like he show us how inha and taeoh meet.
 Toot:

IRL I agree, she'd have been better on her own.  In this, I honestly think they needed MORE of her character.  If she'd been more manipulative, scheming and sinister, it would've been a blast.  And would've made more sense of why the boys turn on each other.

oh that would have been good! I kept thinking that, that was the backstory that she and Taeok were really stringing Inha along. That would have made a lot more sense.