I'm just diving into The King's Avatar & from the reviews it seems that there is no romance at all. Can anyone    clarify that for me ?  As much as Yang Yang IS fun to watch, I need  a little romance to get through 40 episodes !

No romance, but really don't let that put you off! It's all about the bonding and friendships  (plus some rivalries) between a group of players devoted to the same online game. The in-game sequences are very well done, and I seriously doubt that you'll miss the romance aspect once you get into the characters. 

I first watched this right after it aired in 2019 and now I’m back to watch it again knowing there is no romance. This story is so good that romance isn’t even missed for this romcom addict. 

Wow, Chesswidow & Thecla , you make compelling arguments for me to invest in 40 episodes, but I'm still not even luke warm interested in the gaming theme. The gaming aspect of  'Love 020 ' was fun but anything more than that & I'd be walking out of the room looking for a snack diversion ! I might check out what you guys have rated other series & see if we have any series favs in common.