So since I completely (accidently) forgot about this week only having one episode I'm in serious need to go through the long week ahead and thought why not try starting a reccomendations chat where we could recommend each other dramas similar to this one from different aspects?

For example, I'd love to watch a drama (any, k,tw, c) that would have a subtle romance in it, would have an engaging plot and the two main leads would have a very deep connection despite it not being as 'in your face' from the start.

Any ideas?

Among K-dramas, I would recommend 'While you were sleeping' and 'Liar Game' but I guess you've already watched them.

Then, maybe, J-drama 'Soratobu Kouhoushitsu' will help a bit. Its genre is not mystery, unfortunately, but there is a bunch of really believable characters in there. It slowly grows on you and stays with you for good.

I'm blanking on dramas where the male leads are friends but I can think of a few where they are deeply antagonistic towards each other:

• Come and Hug Me
  • Hello Monster
  • The Game: Towards Zero

*looks through watched list* Maybe also (a bit of a stretch?):

• Chicago Typewriter
  • Extraordinary You
  • He is Psychometric
  • Just Between Lovers
  • Man to Man
  • Miss Hammurabi

(looking through your list you've already watched some of these, lol) 

Not similar at all to this one but Hospital Playlist has fantastic friendships and subtle adorable romance. 

I think I just ended up naming a bunch of dramas I liked that aren't even vaguely similar to this one..... 

Can‘t recall any Male leads that are friends... but
Here’s a list  to check out ; ones I’ve watched (some to rare romance)

Signal - recently watched / very interesting 

Tunnel - reminds me of signal

Vagabond 

Bad Guys - kind of has a dark theme but was interesting 

The Fiery Priest - haven’t finished but so far no romance / has comedy

Busted - has comedy/ each ep has mystery 

Pyschopath Diary - seen mixed opinions; personally I enjoyed it 

Please Come Back, Mister 

Dani:

I'm blanking on dramas where the male leads are friends but I can think of a few where they are deeply antagonistic towards each other:

• Come and Hug Me
  • Hello Monster
  • The Game: Towards Zero

*looks through watched list* Maybe also (a bit of a stretch?):

• Chicago Typewriter
  • Extraordinary You
  • He is Psychometric
  • Just Between Lovers
  • Man to Man
  • Miss Hammurabi

(looking through your list you've already watched some of these, lol) 

Not similar at all to this one but Hospital Playlist has fantastic friendships and subtle adorable romance. 

I think I just ended up naming a bunch of dramas I liked that aren't even vaguely similar to this one..... 

Am I blind or what? It took me a whole week to realize what I have written. "the two MAIN leads" I meant... "facepalms for life".

On another note, some of those dramas are very good as a whole so it's a good recommendation! Chicago Typewritter was quite an original one. Same with Extraordinary You.

SooAj:

Can‘t recall any Male leads that are friends... but
Here’s a list  to check out ; ones I’ve watched (some to rare romance)

Signal - recently watched / very interesting 

Tunnel - reminds me of signal

Vagabond 

Bad Guys - kind of has a dark theme but was interesting 

The Fiery Priest - haven’t finished but so far no romance / has comedy

Busted - has comedy/ each ep has mystery 

Pyschopath Diary - seen mixed opinions; personally I enjoyed it 

Please Come Back, Mister 

Psychipath Diary had great start and balance but personally for me it took a turn to the cliche with time. I was getting frustrated by the end with how much potential it held but decided not to pursue.

Please Come Back, Mister  has been lots of fun! 

RedM!apple:

Am I blind or what? It took me a whole week to realize what I have written. "the two MAIN leads" I meant... "facepalms for life".

On another note, some of those dramas are very good as a whole so it's a good recommendation! Chicago Typewritter was quite an original one. Same with Extraordinary You.

LOL! At least some of these still fit!! 

In that case I'll also add: 

• Catch the Ghost
  • The Ghost Detective (which honestly was kind of a hot mess but I loved the relationship between the two leads a lot but that's an unpopular opinion apparently)
  • I also keep wanting to add 3 Will Be Free, which is a Thai BL drama that has a sort of ambiguous ending but involves 3 people on the run from gangsters