I will take this theory as yes❤️❤️

Tbh these theories have a lot of blank spaces that should be filled that the show never really addressed. It's a lovely headcanon but as far as the actual show goes, he seemed pretty dead to me. If there was any real hint that he was alive, the show could drop them in the last episode. 

The umbrella scene at the end felt like wishful thinking or hallucination. Like Xingxing just hoped that he would be there and that symbolized how his memory is with her.

autumn carrot:

Tbh these theories have a lot of blank spaces that should be filled that the show never really addressed. It's a lovely headcanon but as far as the actual show goes, he seemed pretty dead to me. If there was any real hint that he was alive, the show could drop them in the last episode. 

The umbrella scene at the end felt like wishful thinking or hallucination. Like Xingxing just hoped that he would be there and that symbolized how his memory is with her.

I completely agree with that.

I feel as it is a work of fiction, the viewer gets out what the viewer puts into it. Especially in this case where there is clearly an attempt to allow the viewer to draw their own conclusion about the ending. Or the post-ending as it were. It says more about the viewer than the drama.

He's alive. Look at the posters

Under The Sad Rain:

He's alive. Look at the posters

Just because he appears, in the end, doesn't mean he is alive.. she can be imagining him accompanying her since it was the first snow of the year which they had spent together last time they met.

The time travel here had two trigger points:

1) Accident - Meaning he was not able to fulfil his wish... means dead.

2) When they confess the love - Meaning no regrets anymore.

If he was alive... there was no need for time travel .. since he can still confess his love.. there is only lost years... he could still fulfill his wish

The  ending shown is in the parallel universe. In her original timeline  he died but nobody was really sure what happened.. In all her time travel trips to the other universe she tried many times to save him but in the process changed how that timeline  progressed. Eventually she managed to save him but they split up and the ending showed him returning from abroad and standing behind her so both her dreams of him and her dream job came true.  It was never shown her returned to the original time line so imo she carried on her life in the parallel universe. 

casjen:

The  ending shown is in the parallel universe. In her original timeline  he died but nobody was really sure what happened.. In all her time travel trips to the other universe she tried many times to save him but in the process changed how that timeline  progressed. Eventually she managed to save him but they split up and the ending showed him returning from abroad and standing behind her so both her dreams of him and her dream job came true.  It was never shown her returned to the original time line so imo she carried on her life in the parallel universe. 

She returned to her real world dear. They just didn't show you as they already told you the starting point and the ending point of her travelling :) 

If anyone of them will say "I Like You" to the other one, she will return to her real world. That word was the end point of every journey. 

There is no way she can stay in that parallel world after hearing "I Like You" from him. You can't change a settings. 

Yoo:

She returned to her real world dear. They just didn't show you as they already told you the starting point and the ending point of her travelling :) 

If anyone of them will say "I Like You" to the other one, she will return to her real world. That word was the end point of every journey. 

There is no way she can stay in that parallel world after hearing "I Like You" from him. You can't change a settings. 

Actually they did show her returning to her timeline.. at the airport, the ML knows that he needs to send her back to her timeline since he read the dairy of FL. He knows that she is doing everything to keep him alive. So as always, he tells her I love you and she tells him I am sorry.

Yogesh Jain:

Actually they did show her returning to her timeline.. at the airport, the ML knows that he needs to send her back to her timeline since he read the dairy of FL. He knows that she is doing everything to keep him alive. So as always, he tells her I love you and she tells him I am sorry.

I disagree... This time "I Like you" didn't work and they jumped to her future in the parallel world  :-)

casjen:

I disagree... This time "I Like you" didn't work and they jumped to her future in the parallel world  :-)

Can you explain how it didn't work? 

They literally told us before that that was the settings. She will return to her real world if she/he say "I Like You" to the other one. 

Yoo:

They literally told us before that that was the settings. She will return to her real world if she/he say "I Like You" to the other one. 

And not just that.. She did arrive in her Time... otherwise, she would have gotten good grades in college instead of working in the Zoo as a cashier and entertainer.

I was wondering, did i miss something that can fill the information about the fall because from what i’ve seen, Mai Zi thought Wansen was dead because the boss got his Blazer. But then Gao Ge said that his family abruptly move to another country and sell their house, so she said she didnt know what happened to Wansen, and maybe, its true what they say, Zhang Wansen’s dead. 

What if, its not Wansen that fall from the lighthouse? What if, the family moved abruptly because they were avoiding the bad guy so they moved to another country to protect Wansen being chased by the bad guy? 

Yogesh Jain:

And not just that.. She did arrive in her Time... otherwise, she would have gotten good grades in college instead of working in the Zoo as a cashie and entertainer.

Yoo:

That was all designed to fool you.. She didnt arrive back in her time because she didnt suddenly open her eyes with surprise or mention him saying" I like you" had ruined everything again...You can tell by what  she is thinking things right before he appears with the umbrella. She played her life out in the parallel and thats why all her dreams came true... IMO of course :-)

Interesting theories here.  I always believed that she had continued to live in the parallel world...we never saw her snap back into her present life like every other time.  In the past ML did die from my understanding.... initially I thought ML was also time travelling back simultaneously or maybe he didn't die and was in a coma but in my opinion he definitely died falling from the lighthouse.   I'm glad she got her almost perfect school year that one time but in my opinion she definitely continued in her parallel life where Liu guy died and she went on to work in the zoo but instead of working more menial jobs, she spearheaded the animal rescue team.  The guy holding the umbrella over her could have been ML...or even Maizi (tbh I was hoping Maizi and her would couple up during her present life but obvs that was not to be.)  Anyway, whatever you believe, it's a truly special love story ^____^