Hi! I wanted to share this with everyone! After rewatching I’ve made a list to figure out how fast time was actually moving in the drama. I feel like because it’s only on weekends and we are constantly waiting for more, we feel like time is moving faster than we think. At the beginning of the drama when they were getting to know each other and kept crossing paths, there was a few time skips. But as we’ve moved into the marriage stage, all the characters are in rotation from day to night. There are also connecting conflicts from the night before to the next day so you know there’s no time skip. If you’d like to know more about the reasoning behind my conclusion, I explained a little more after the list. Also warning if you are not caught up, this list will have spoilers.

This is updated to EPISODE:20 

I’ve tried my very best on this and plan to update the list after the new episodes. I put a lot of time into this but it’s nowhere perfect and I probably was up late rewatching while writing some of them. If there’s any input you guys have or theories, lmk! 

COLOR KEY

__ - Date

__ - Night count

__ - Jinjja 

__ - Episode number 

ABBREVIATION KEY

TK - Tae Kyung      

YD - Yeon Doo      

SJ - Se Jin               

CM - Chun Myeong 

YSJ - Soo Jeong

JM - Ji Myeong

HW - Hyun Woo

The night after the memorial, YD overhears about the divorce. She's caught and forced to keep some secrets from TK. HW circles the 26th saying it's the memorial. (EP11)        

April 26th wed 

N2 - TK and YD get into a fight over him and SJ and decide to act like strangers. 

April 27th Thurs

N3 - TK defends YD from JM then he apologizes for the fight. They then went to YD's family's new restaurant for her surprise bday party. Later in the night, YD's cravings have her sneaking into the main house resulting in an altercation with Grandma. TK goes out to get YD what she's craving then heads to work. A very long night for TK.

April 28th Fri

N4 - YD takes out her anger on TK after a snake slithered into the house. This causes a fight and TK gets stupid drunk and said some stupid stuff to HW, who happens to be standing next to YD. Which then causes a fight again when he gets home.

April 29th sat 

N5 - TKs mom makes YD a bday dinner. Unfortunately, an uninvited guest shows up and announces she is staying. TK and YD leave for the night and the truth that YD took her anger on TK because SJ pissed her off comes out. YD also finds out about the family group chat.

April 30th sun

N6 - TK helps out at her family’s new restaurant. TK then comes looking for her and defends her from the sexist butthole lecturer that had her fired. Together they reconciled and shared ice cream. 

May 1st Mon 

N7-  Unexplained skip, no connecting plot from night to morning. No way to confirm if that happened the morning after they ate ice cream or if a time skipped happened. (EP14) Later on they mentioned it was Sunday morning, so the days weren't matching up. I believe there could be a skipped day. Lmk what you think :)

MAY 2nd tue

WITCH “SAVES” YD - 12 weeks (EP15)

N8 - TK carries YD to bed after she falls asleep on the ugly couch chair. TK got a bit of indigestion or food poisoning from SJ's crazy mom. Causing him to throw up.  

May 3rd wed

FATHER LEAVES FOR A TRIP NEXT MORNING

N9 - TK has “couvade syndrome” so YD pricks his thumb.

May 4th thurs

N10 - YD sees a text from the witch and TK ignores the text. 

May 5th Fri (TK says he’ll come over after work tomorrow EP16)

N11 - TK and YD go back to her family’s house for the weekend and her uncle finds out TK isn’t the dad. 

May 6th Sat

THE NEXT MORNING YD SAYS ITS SUNDAY (EP17)

N12 - TKs mom and the evil sister-in-law see that they are sleeping separately so his mom has them stay in the main house for "construction".

May 7th sun

FATHER COMES BACK A NEW MAN

N13 - TK and YD have to share a bed to not get caught. 

May 8th Mon

N14 - TK throws a tantrum and decides he loves carrots now. 

May 9th tue

N15 - TK gets wasted again and is taken home by that devil witch. TK says some drunk words to YD, but we all know it’s sober thoughts. 

May 10th wed

N16 - Family drama again with Joseon grandma and her minions (CM and YSJ) So TK has to flee to the hotel. 

May 11th thurs 

N17 - TK tells YD he wants to end the contract immediately, which throws YD off and confuses her. 

May 12th Fri 

N18 - TK stupidly tells YD he likes somebody. Although stupid of him, it forced YD to face some confusing feelings.

May 13th sat

N19 - YD decides she’s done with all these cowshats. Overwhelmed by high emotions YD drags TK home and demands the nasty family to apologize to TK. TK leads YD outside and he confesses his feelings to YD. 

May 14th sun 

MY REASONING

In EP7, YD tells JH she’s 8 weeks. The next morning HW congrats TK because his wedding is in about a week. Later, there’s a scene where SJ hands out invites to her coworkers and it says the wedding is April 16th. So I assumed that about a week before the wedding is about April 8th. Fast forward after running out of the wedding. A few days go by as TK and YD move forward with their plans. However, when their moms catch them in EP10, they make them choose between living in the annex or a marriage license. When they choose the annex, TKs mom says when should they move in? This weekend? So I estimated this was about April 19th-21st. After moving in, a few days pass. From this, I assumed it was probably after the weekend. The evil YSJ comes and makes YD do work for the memorial. Later on in the episode, HW is seen circling April 26th on his calendar because “it’s your grandpa’s memorial”. After this episode, I don’t think there is a date shown. However, from this I estimate we’re around May 14th, making her about 14 weeks pregnant. This is the conclusion I came to after counting each night shown or listening for if they say a day throughout the episode. Give or take a little, I’m sure I missed something. But hopefully, soon we can see a date or know how far she is. Hope you guys enjoy this :)

Wow, awesome work with this post, far more extended than I thought it would be. Niiiice. And so handy to have to shove it toward people saying 'YD has been pregnant forever now' when they forget that weekend dramas are known for day to day storytelling. So these 20 episodes and 10 weeks that seemed like an eternity for us in time until the leads fall in love for real are actually just three weeks of living together at best. 

Which, holy moly, is faaaaaaaast. Especially considering TK's change from marriage hater to whipped husband who can't live without his wife anymore, lmao. I thought would it would take him far longer to accept such big shift in his whole way of living, but nope the man fell fast and haaaaard for YD and is now geared up and ready for the forever husband role hahahaha. And bless his heart for it, honestly, since he has so much love to give and just yearns to be loved (by YD) in return  :') 

However I do hope we get more small here and there timeskips to inch closer to jinjjas birth faster now where the contract and deadline of three months is void. While actually seeing some pregnancy milestones happening with the leads (start showing/baby bump, experiencing the first child movement together, TK fussing over her like a mother hen in general and when she is  *really* pregnant (third trimester) and driving YD insane with it, shopping for baby equipment and decorating the nursery together etc.) along the way. So we can see their relationship develop and also get a connection to Jinjja as viewers (and see TKs bond deepen with the child as well) Also this will help to go over to the childrearing part of the drama, whenever this will be, tho. Heh. (^_-)

Anyway enough of me rambling on, thanks so much for the work put into creating a timeline and keeping it up to date. Which certainly won't be easy. (-:

Great summary and analysis.  Question?  Does this fit with the November due date (I can't recall if there was a date or estimate) ?

Now that you have done the yeoman's work on the timeline, I want to try and figure out timeline for JM and HW pregnancy timeline - they should be a handful of  weeks behind our Main Couple. When he did their ultrasound, I think he said she was 3 weeks pregnant - should tie in with their one-night stand at the hotel.  

You did great with this - I’d say you are spot on with her being about 14 weeks because just a couple episodes back she states she is 12 weeks and I think about 2 weeks have passed.  And yes, this does coincide with November due date. - if she is 14 weeks on May 14th she will be 40 weeks on November  12. 

Just an FYI - the white fonts in the highlights are very hard to read - I had to really zoom in to see what 14 weeks highlighted in yellow with the white fonts. 

Thanks for detailing this so well!  It drives me crazy when we don't get date stamps in non-period dramas.  FWIW, in Ep 8 it was revealed the TK/SJ wedding was to be Sunday, April 16 per the invitation.

This makes me wonder what holiday it was in Ep 22?  The only thing close is Buddha's B-day which isn't until May 29.  Childrens Day would have been May 5.  

Did they just make up a holiday?

Since she's due 2 months after the series is supposed to end, we're in for some pretty significant time jumps, so I wonder if they'll be sprinkled in coming up over several eps, or if there will be one big one?

LA_Drama Fan:

Thanks for detailing this so well!  It drives me crazy when we don't get date stamps in non-period dramas.  FWIW, in Ep 8 it was revealed the TK/SJ wedding was to be Sunday, April 16 per the invitation.

This makes me wonder what holiday it was in Ep 22?  The only thing close is Buddha's B-day which isn't until May 29.  Childrens Day would have been May 5.  

Did they just make up a holiday?

Since she's due 2 months after the series is supposed to end, we're in for some pretty significant time jumps, so I wonder if they'll be sprinkled in coming up over several eps, or if there will be one big one?

Wasn't it just weekend/sunday? But yeah most likely conjured a holiday for plot reasons if not lol.

I do hope we get several smaller ones, a week here and there to speed things along toward birth while not omitting its milestones/important moments for the leads. Smaller timejumps imo would be less jarring than a single or several larger ones, too. Also as soon the leads' relationship is fully established the writer could and should move away from his prior day to day storytelling. Aka take more liberties in skipping a day or several while indicating it happened in a by way showing of a date in TV/newspaper, phone, docs/computer/dialogue etc Or something like that, heh.

In a recent episode, didn't FL say their contract is only for another 3 months? Wouldn'tnt that made her closer to 6 months pregnant and still not showing? 

sonomagirl:

In a recent episode, didn't FL say their contract is only for another 3 months? Wouldn'tnt that made her closer to 6 months pregnant and still not showing? 

She is 14-15 weeks pregnant at the current time. Read the op post again I think you really missed the fact that all the events that took place happened just in the span of a month storywise. This drama has day to day storytelling meaning we accompany the leads through each day and night cycle with no timeskips longer than a day. 

Their contract is meant to be three months in total. One month of it had passed now, spanning the events from episode 10 to 22, where she got ready to wrap things up earlier and leave. So her new offer of two months living as married couple now brings it up to the full three months that were initially agreed upon (^_-)

I worked in obs/gynae, so I find a huge plot hole (one of many) is she never changes at all, in any way.  RL pregnancy is tedious enough without dragging out every week in a drama.

One Sentence THANK YOU

OMG! Your analysis is amazing! Thank you! I do find it interesting that we look at this drama in such a way that we count weeks, etc. If only we could see the script's timeline!

Just finished Episodes 40 and 41.  Everything is moving pretty good. I'm happy the mother's are excepting YD and TK (whew) . There were impromptu 200th day photos taken by Cha Hyun, not all of the family were there but they got busted by InOk.  I have the strangest feeling that SJ and KJ are going to join together and pull another stunt and it's going to bread hearts. These last two were packed, I didn't include the other families drama.