It's known that the live-action for the book has not been officially announced yet.

But since MDL has a page for it, we can join in discussion threads to share our views on the topic.

We all have some or other impressions of these characters. Personally, a few years back, when I first read the novel, I imagined some actors for the characters. However, the actor I would love to see in this drama, was selected as the cast of another similar show. Also, with time, I have changed my mind. 

Currently, I would love to see Wang Haoxuan as Luo Binghe. The temperament and aura of the character would probably suit him. Also, as far as I have seen, he is a good actor. 

I am not sure about Shen Qingqiu. Originally, I wanted to say Luo Yuxin, but he is already someone else's Shizun! Can't take him away anymore. ;) 

Another one would be Zhu Yi Long. (Tbh, I liked him for the role of 'Chu Wanning', which Luo Yuxin is playing.)

So, basically, if this drama is produced, and Zhu Yi Long plays Shen Qingqui, I would say my choice of casts for both of the shows were switched. Hehe.

Now, I may be being biased here. But, since it was around the time I read the novel that their dramas released, I could relate to the characters with them a bit more than others.

I simply love all of these mentioned actors.

Let's be honest, there are so many great actors. And I have more names in my mind. But, I would love to hear all of your views first. ^_^

I honestly am just geting to know actors at the moment, especially young actors that could appear in this kind of dramas, so I don't exactly know who could play their roles at this point lolol 

But I will keep an eye on this discussion just because I also would like to know what you think 

Zhu Yi Long would be the perfect SQQ - he has the range for action and comedy as well as drama, his microexpressions are incredible, plus of course he's just incredibly swoon worthy, as befits our Shizun. ;-)

Oh? Just noticed (kinda slow omg)- Isn't Haoxuan "Xue Yang" in The Untamed? Wouldn't it be wrong to give him again an important role- or role in general- in another drama based on a MXTX novel?? I feel like it could be quite confusing because we already know him as Xue Yang... Just a little thought. Tho I agree he's a great actor!

neverwhere:

Zhu Yi Long would be the perfect SQQ - he has the range for action and comedy as well as drama, his microexpressions are incredible, plus of course he's just incredibly swoon worthy, as befits our Shizun. ;-)

Yup!! He is... Swoon worthy! ;)

And I just feel he would do justice to 'Shizun'.  ^_^

Do you also have someone else in mind for Shizun? How about Luo Binghe or any other character?

Xinnizen:

Oh? Just noticed (kinda slow omg)- Isn't Haoxuan "Xue Yang" in The Untamed? Wouldn't it be wrong to give him again an important role- or role in general- in another drama based on a MXTX novel?? I feel like it could be quite confusing because we already know him as Xue Yang... Just a little thought. Tho I agree he's a great actor!

Hehe... I am the same (most of the time) :p

And yes... Wang Haoxuan is the Xue Yang from The Untamed. 

I know... Him playing in a drama from the same author might not happen easily. 

But, if he goes for audition and adapts into Luo Binghe's character so well that no one would complain... It may happen. If he does well, that's all it matters. ;)

Hehe... Right now, it's only a wishful thinking.

And I just saw your earlier comment... Do stay updated with the post. I would love to hear more from you! 

neverwhere:

he's too gong tho

Euphoria:

he's too gong tho

Hm... I think he can still play Shizun... Partly because if the show is aired by Chinese media, it will be toned down.

But mainly because Zhu Yi Long can perform any character well. :)

However, who do you think will best suit in the role of Shen Qingqiu and Luo Binghe? 

Faye Selini:

Hm... I think he can still play Shizun... Partly because if the show is aired by Chinese media, it will be toned down.

However, who do you think will best suit in the role of Shen Qingqiu and Luo Binghe? 

i dont rlly have any in mind, as long as he fit the image and acts well thats fine, but like I said, Zhu YiLong is too gong, maybe Luo BingHe but definitely not Sheng QingQu 

LinaJelly:

https://linajelly98.tumblr.com/post/652343327904169984/the-scum-villains-self-saving-system-unofficial

Woah... Both Jia Zheng Yu and Song Weilong are decent pick! And the picture attached for Song Weilong did gave Luo Binghe vibe. ^_^

Faye Selini:

Woah... Both Jia Zheng Yu and Song Weilong are decent pick! And the picture attached for Song Weilong did gave Luo Binghe vibe. ^_^

I saw in the Chinese video saying Song WeiLong has bad acting. It seems creditible since the other list of actors are famous for being bad at acting. I want an actor that people generally agree on that has good acting 

Faye Selini:

Don't rlly have one tbh. I'm kinda picky when it comes to characters I care about. I don't want just the face

Euphoria:

Don't rlly have one tbh. I'm kinda picky when it comes to characters I care about. I don't want just the face

Understandably... We all have some characters we care about. In the end, what the readers turned viewers want is a good series with original plot and the actors' good efforts. And I feel the same. ^_^

Also I'm glad you check here, I get to share my thoughts with someone. :)

Euphoria:

I saw in the Chinese video saying Song WeiLong has bad acting. It seems creditible since the other list of actors are famous for being bad at acting. I want an actor that people generally agree on that has good acting 

Oh... I didn't know about that. I haven't really watched anything much of Song Weilong except Catman. However the movie was produced back in 2016. 

But the future production crew will probably select someone who would be a good fit. And by the time the show is brought to the production phase, these actors may do better than what they are doing. 

Let's hope for the best!! 

Euphoria:

You can’t judge just by people’s rating, beside before the untamed released the series a lot of people criticized Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo, and both of them were rated so low before. However, after the untamed the rate increased high. I Believe people can improved their acting, still there’s a place for improvement. 

LinaJelly:

You can’t judge just by people’s rating, beside before the untamed released the series a lot of people criticized Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo, and both of them were rated so low before. However, after the untamed the rate increased high. I Believe people can improved their acting, still there’s a place for improvement. 

If a lot of ppl don't agree, then it's saying something