Everything is good in the drama Twisted Fate of Love, except for the most important things: the story, the plot and the script. The story in this drama is complete bullshit. It's been a long time since I've watched such a stupid drama. This series can be compared to a poop made in the shape of a candy wrapped in a pretty wrapper. It's pretty on the outside, but inside... you know what.

It's not the fate of love that's twisted, it's the scriptwriter's brains for writing such a bad script. In this drama, morality is distorted and concepts are substituted. Black is called white, and white is called black. I could barely finish watching this rubbish.

I find the plot of the series dubious. Feng Xi first killed Dong Yue, then whipped her... and then she fell in love with him. O_o Seriously?! What kind of masochism is this?! It's so naive. Another fairy tale about a grey goby. Ladies, never fall in love with bad guys. It will cost you dearly. Do not believe that bad guys become good ones. It's not true. They don't. You can watch this drama as a fairy tale (although I don't recommend it), but you can't take its plot seriously.

The series justifies all of Feng Xi's bad deeds, even though there is no justification for them. Maybe the Chinese people think Feng Xi is a normal character, given that most of them are  sly liars, but I don't. I hate cunning and lie. What's in the Chinese head is on the screen.

I have no sympathy for Feng Xi's hungry childhood. The poor can be even worse than the rich. Often, it is the poor who achieve power and wealth by all means, and when they become rich, they trample on all the others. I have been insulted by both the poor and the rich, so I have no sympathy for either of them. I am for the middle class, to which I myself belong.

Feng Xi is a bad, evil and insidious man, but almost all the women in the drama love him. What a nonsense! What an old cliché! I especially felt pity for the Noble Consort Feng. What a stupid thing she did for Feng Xi! He isn't worth it. He is also to blame for what has happened to Li Yu Rou. The lady had lived with him in the same house for so many years, effectively carrying out the duties of his wife, and he hadn't even given her any status. An egoist! He didn't think about her reputation.

Feng Xi is a cruel bastard and a goat who doesn't even know how to deal with children. The Third Prince, on the other hand, understands and gets along well with children, especially with little Wen Xin. This kid is just a miracle. I loved the way she made fun of Feng Xi. Only I could see through him better than her. The little Wen Xin made much better choice about her personal life than the adult one. I especially liked the scene with her in the sixteenth episode at 32:44.

I'd like to say right away that I watched the episodes of the drama from WeTV that were available on YouTube. Those episodes that were not available on YouTube, from WeTV, as well as scenes without sound, I watched on Rakuten Viki. I should warn you that the timing of episodes from different online platforms differs. So if you want to watch a particular moment that I point out in my review, watch the episodes of WeTV. Although the difference in the length of the episodes is small, just a few seconds. Everything in this drama is twisted, even the length of the episodes. :)

Watching the seventeenth episode of WeTV on YouTube, I noticed something interesting. At 12:07 in this episode, there is a mistake in the subtitles, and Feng Xi's words in this scene are incorrectly translated as “Big days like the Lantern Festival were my lucky days to make a killing”. That mistake in the subtitles appeared in that scene for a reason. It's God's way of hinting at who Feng Xi really is, as well as the real-life person whose prototype Feng Xi is in the series. I think you guess who I mean.

In the second episode, An Hou gifted Feng Xi a big golden frog. On the day I watched that episode, I also saw a frog on a chocolate box at home. In the sixth episode, Feng Xi made two of his subordinates jump like a frog. In the seventeenth episode, little Wen Xin compared Feng Xi to a disgusting frog. And in the thirty-fourth episode, she openly called him a frog. While watching the series, I also saw a frog on another chocolate box in the supermarket. And in one YouTube video that I watched at that time, bloggers mentioned a green frog. This all hints that Feng Xi is in fact a disgusting frog, despite the fact that he is handsome on the outside. The appearance is deceiving.

I'll tell you something else interesting. On the day I watched the thirty-fourth episode of the drama, I started rewatching in Ukrainian dubbing the third part of The Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Return of the King. And there, at the beginning of the film, Sam called Gollum a lying frog. Also, while watching the drama, I rewatched the second part of that trilogy called The Two Towers. The final credits of this film feature a song by Emiliana Torrini called Gollum's Song. I will quote you some of the lyrics of this song:

“These tears you cry
Have come too late
Take back the lies
The hurt, the blame!
And you will weep
When you face the end alone
You are lost!
You can never go home

You are lost!
You can never go home”.

These words are very suitable for someone, aren't they? I'm not joking with you now. I am writing to you what God shows me. I would remind you that in The Lord of the Rings, Gollum had a split personality. Inside him, Sméagol fought with Gollum  and vice versa.

The plot of Twisted Fate of Love is extremely bad, but the worst part is the story of memory loss. It's complete trash. They could not think of anything worse. There is probably no older cliché. But all the rest in the series is at a high level: the cast is cool, the acting is strong, the picture is beautiful, the music is great.

The cast in the drama is really good. It's a pity that such strong actors and actresses were involved in such crap as Twisted Fate of Love. Jin Han did not disappoint me. He holds the brand of one of my favourite Chinese male actors. However, he made a mistake with the role. I don't advise him to act characters like Feng Xi. Such “ambiguous” characters are even worse than clearly bad ones.

But most of all I liked the acting of Sun Yi and Hai Ling. Sun Yi has a sunny surname and she is like the sun herself. Hai Ling is also a good actress. With her looks and acting talent, she can easily perform female leads. She is definitely a much better actress than those sluts Ni Ni, Victoria Song and Song Yi.

I would add that Tan Jian Ci looks better in the role of the good guy than in the role of the bad one. He turned out to be such a cute prince, all in white. The Third Prince reminded me of Prince Lu from Tribes and Empires: Storm of Prophecy. Prince Xinyao and Feng Xi are indeed like sky and earth, like day and night, like Heaven and hell. I was angry that in the drama they tried to make the Third Prince look bad, even though he wasn't. But they didn't succeed. I didn't believe it.

By the way, Tan Jian Ci is now thirty-three years old. This is, as I have already written, the age of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. This is a special age in the life of every person, at least in the life of every Christian, and it should be lived with dignity.

Unfortunately, the good things in this drama could not cover the bad ones. But even in such a lousy series, I saw good and interesting things and signs that God had prepared for me. That's why I watched the drama to the end: to see them. Otherwise, I would have stopped watching this garbage. I have already written about some of these things and signs, and I will list all the others.

Firstly, the opening credits of the drama are very beautiful. Everything is in blue and light green tones, with golden Chinese hieroglyphs against the background. There is also a lot of water in these credits. In addition, I liked the blue and yellow umbrella of the main heroine, which can be seen, for example, in the third episode at 2:36.

The sun is everywhere in the series, including in the opening and final credits. I usually write to you about the abundance of sun in Chinese dramas, but in fact there is just as much moon in them. The sun and the moon in Chinese dramas go hand in hand. Thus, this drama features the Clear Sun Palace and the Moon Garden. The songs that sound in the opening and finale credits sing about the moon.

In the tenth episode, at 27:07, it says “The Sun Always Sines Brightly” on the plate above.  In Feng Xi's mansion, the half-moon is depicted on the lanterns. As I have mentioned earlier, the word “yue” means “moon” in Chinese. The main heroine in the series is called Dong Yue, and Feng Xi's mother is called Ming Yue. In real life, already when I have been finishing watching the drama, in one video on YouTube I have seen a sailboat called “AQUALUNA”, which means “water moon”. That video was about Hong Kong.

And remember, in my previous review of the drama Her World, I have noted that the Neapolitan song O Sole Mio was written in Odesa. Now pay attention to the yellow and blue thing on the right of Luciano Pavarotti in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQSNVBLTXYY. And I have written correctly in my previous review that “O Sole Mio” means “My sun” in Neapolitan, not “my sun”, but “My sun”. Can you guess what it means? If not, read the translation of this song.

In the series, the flags of Lu Yuan Tong depict a black tigress on a red background. A blue water tigress is also called a black water tigress. In addition, Feng Xi was born in the year of the Tiger. The main heroine Dong Yue could heal herself in water. Water is her element. She is also a blue water tigress, just like me. :) In the thirty-seventh episode, Prince Xinyao came to the aid of Dong Yue with the Tiger Troops. I also recently watched a video on YouTube and there was a picture of a tigress on the T-shirt of a woman-blogger.

Now about lions. And I saw a lot of them during watching the series, both in the drama itself and in real life. Thus, the official imperial seal of the emperor in the series is made in the shape of a lion. In the drama, I saw statues of lions, as I had seen them in other Chinese historical dramas, in particular in The Sword and the Brocade. I saw the same statues in the movie Transformers: Age of Extinction, which I recently stumbled upon while watching TV. The events in this movie take place, among other places, in China.

When I was watching the drama, I saw another lion magnet on the fridge at my mother's home; in one grocery store I saw a depiction of a lion on a cigarette ad; I saw a lion even in an alcohol ad on YouTube. This is one of the ways in which the Lord fights against tobacco smoking and alcoholism. Indeed, it is better to look at and admire a beautiful, majestic lion than to smoke and drink alcohol. Useful information: the logo of the Peugeot car brand is also a lion.

Speaking about tigresses and lions. Look what I have found: https://book-ye.com.ua/catalog/istorychni-romany/shlyubnyj-portret/. Pay attention to the cover of the book and its plot. I especially laughed at the phrase “the socialite lion”. :):):) I will probably buy this book. I'm curious about what it is written in it. :):):)

The drama Twisted Fate of Love contains references to the Bible, in particular to the Book of Genesis. According to Genesis, the first man Adam gave the name “Eve” to the first woman. Likewise, Feng Xi gave Wen Xin the name “Dong Yue”, and Dao Le gave Ming Zhu a new name “Zi Yuan”. We can also find out from the Bible that God changes the names of some of His faithful people. For example, He gave Abram the name “Abraham”, Sarai the name “Sarah” and Jacob the name “Israel”. According to the New Testament, Jesus changed the name of the Apostle Simon to “Cephas”, i.e. “Peter”, and the name of the Apostle Saul to “Paul”.

The series mentions the idol mammon and shows its statue. Jesus Christ mentioned that idol in His sermon. Read what Jesus said about it (the Gospel of the Apostle Matthew, chapter 6, verses 24-34). I especially recommend reading this to those who are very fond of money. In the forty-second episode, at 24:21, there is a picture of a fish on Feng Xi's belt. The fish has been a symbol of Christianity since ancient times.

In the thirteenth episode, the Chinese region of Jiangnan is mentioned again. Apparently, not only Wen De Guang loves this region, but also other Chinese directors. :) By the way, in that episode, I also liked the way the main heroine implemented the principles of democracy in the Ministry of Rites.

In the drama, Li Yu Rou liked plum blossoms. The main heroine of The Sword and the Brocade, Luo Shi Yi Niang, also liked plum blossom. They both preferred plum blossom to peony. In the thirty-fourth episode, Ming Zhu returned from a hard trip. On the day I watched that episode, I had also returned from a hard trip. In the forty-first episode of the series, I have heard a phrase that women are no different from men. I heard a similar phrase in The Legend of Kublai Khan and other Chinese dramas. The Lord Himself emphasises that women are in no way inferior to men and are not lower than them.

I should admit that I liked the protagonist Wen Xin, aka Dong Yue, literally from the first frame of the drama. She was so beautiful: dressed in red, in armour, with a sword, standing alone against the entire army of Lu Yuan Tong. I also really liked the red dress with a veil in which she danced in the second episode. But I was annoyed that Dong Yue spent most of the series in the same pink dress. Are there really no other colours in the world? That pink dress didn't suit her.

Feng Xi should have listened to Dong Yue more. Then he would have had less problems. Men are all like that: ambitious and self-confident, thinking they are the smartest and always know what is best, not listening to God or women, and then wondering why they have so many problems. Not without reason, in the Bible, in the Old Testament, in the Book of the Prophet Jeremiah (chapter 31, verse 22), it is written: “For the Lord has made a new thing on the earth: a woman will save a man”. But men want neither to listen to women nor to save themselves.

Despite all the good in Twisted Fate of Love, the drama was killed by its plot. The plot here is a huge spoonful of tar that has spoiled the whole barrel of honey. The beginning was promising, but it all ended in complete failure. The main heroine Dong Yue should have been not with the cunning, treacherous and deceitful Feng Xi, but with the honest and decent Third Prince. Then the drama would have had a much better plot, and my score to it would have been much higher.

In real life, everything will be different. God will never let me be with a bad guy because He is the Only One who really loves me. Like I have already said: the Lion Jesus Christ will only let another lion close to me, and all the scoundrels can go to hell. However, from that other lion, there is as much benefit as from the lion that stands in the first part of The Chronicles of Narnia, turned to stone. :) Everything “Aslan” has to do Himself.

And you know, I still have knocked down the “concrete wall” of indifference and misunderstanding which that scarecrow had erected in front of me, and threw it on his head. This is a warning to all men who like to play with women. Beware, because one day you will have played too much and will meet a woman like me who will make you pay for all your “games”.

In fact, that scarecrow put very few likes on my reviews and comments of dramas with his participation. Mostly, other people put likes on those reviews and comments. And he didn't understand anything and didn't appreciate my reviews. A cheapskate and a cretin!

You know, the more I get to know Asia, the more I am disappointed in it and once again am convinced that there is nowhere better than in home, in Ukraine, despite the war. It is immediately apparent that the cultures of Asian peoples are descended from paganism. The same Chinese, Koreans and Japanese have invented a bunch of rituals, rules of behaviour and customs for themselves, which has made life difficult for themselves; they have driven themselves into a framework in which they are suffocating. Christianity, on the contrary, is about living a simpler, easier, more fun and happier life. Although today's Chinese do not particularly care about the rules of behaviour and etiquette: they sneeze everywhere, smoke everywhere and eat like pigs.

I'm also very annoyed that many Asians make themselves a second eyelid. This is called “sew a second tail on the mare”. It doesn't suit them. No matter how hard plastic surgeons try, you can still see that it is artificial. With my European appearance, I can immediately figure out which Asian actor or actress has a double eyelid from birth and which of them has it artificially made. God has made Asians unique, and now they are spoiling His creation.

In the end, on the occasion of the celebration of the thirty-third anniversary of the declaration of independence of Ukraine (yes, Ukraine has reached the age of Christ), I would like to dedicate to my country and me a musical track from the South Korean drama My Country: The New Age called My Country. This track shows how strong both me and Ukraine are. Warning: this music track is not for the faint of heart, but for real men... and real women. Happy birthday to you, my Ukraine! And may all our enemies die off.