I’m starting to feel the same frustration as some of the other viewers. I’m only on episode 9, but the FL…
Actually the female lead is annoying for me during these times, but I was annoyed at her NOT by the same reasons as you though.
I don't see her giving that many chances to the male lead. And how is she always staying by his side, when at the beginning, she avoided him, and even sold the male lead to that place... That's not standing by his side, when she was avoiding him. The only time she made the effort to get close to him was because of Tong Zhou (Second Male Lead), since he wanted to recruit Xiuyuan by his side.
Also, by the time she trusted the Male Lead, Xiuyuan had earned her trust, because he DID put himself on the line to protect her a couple of times, and those times, were not fake either, when he stood in front of her to protect her from the enemies attack, these situations aren't an act, it came from his heart (which even shocked Xiuyuan himself, because he did it without even thinking). And by that time, Xiuyuan (Male Lead) already genuinely cared for Li Fei to the point that he would rather use a Sacrificial spell to take down the enemy (and sacrifice himself) to protect/ensure Li Fei is safe/well protected...
So unlike you, I don't see how Xiuyuan (Male Lead) is putting her in danger, if anything, I felt like the Female Lead is always the one putting the male lead (Xiuyuan) in danger, because she can't protect herself, and every time she is in danger, the male lead (Xiuyuan) is there to save her in the process, so this is why she annoys me personally, not because of the male lead, but it is because of her incapability of protecting herself, and I honestly, wish she would have trusted the male lead (Xiuyuan) better because how her character was portrayed as (for someone who have finished the drama), I don't see that she did, and the male lead happens to put in more for her (in this relationship) than the other way around.
I guess this goes to show we can all watch the same show but perceive things very differently lol
this year is really disappointing no good drama has released so far all of them bunch of bullshit this drama is…
For me I couldn't get into LBFAD. TTEOTM was torture with that type of FL.
As for The Eternal Fragrance, each to their own opinion here and I disagree with you about the ML since I actually think the ML (Song Wei Long) did great in this drama despite this was filmed around 3 years ago and I like those subtle expressions he made during those time. I honestly felt he carried the show because he was the reason I persevered to the end for this drama
Yep! SAME. My profile icon says it all 😆 I'm trying not to set my expectations too high though, so I won't…
ME TOO!!! 😆 Omg, I am excited for this, but yeah, hopefully it won't disappoint and we get some decent bromance between them (I don't need romance, just give me the bromance instead haha)
Yes, the script did her wrong as they set up all those stupid arcs to make the series more angsty before things…
They got married for a decade past and still no babies lol. But it would have been a fun and conclusive way to end the series but cant expect much from the script writers after knowing they have deleted so many scenes near the end, but at least they have gave us that ending instead.
Yes, the script did her wrong as they set up all those stupid arcs to make the series more angsty before things…
That part when Xiuyuan said he wont go save Li Fei when she was captured by Tong Zhou near the end because that was what Li Fei told him not to worry about her since they both got things they need to do.
He was respecting her decisions and trusted that she will be safe from Tong Zhou.
Also Xiuyuan made a promise to Li Fei before that he will bring his demon(clan) back home so there wont be this conflict anymore between the two side anymore so that was Xiuyuan main priority at that stage.
It is not that Xiuyuan is not worried about Li Fei when he said that, but he was (1) respecting Li Fei's decisions because that was what Li Fei told him, she will handle this herself and he trust that she can handle things herself on her side, while he focus on his. (2) He did told Li Fei before (when he woke up from the stone bed), to trust him and give him some time, he will take his demons(clan) back home. (3) as much as Tong Zhou is crazy obssessed with Li Fei, Xiuyuan knows that Tong Zhou would not harm her but only held her captive at best.
So honestly, for Xiuyuan side, its not ooc when he said he wont go save Li Fei for all things considered, but that's how I see it at least given with what played out prior to that scene. I just see it that Xiuyuan trusts Li Fei can protect herself against Tong Zhou while he handle things on his side temporarily.
For me Xiuyuan was easily more likeable in this story/romance when compared to Li Fei, because I saw he put in way more for this relationship when compared to Li Fei. The countless times she have distrusted Xiuyuan and chose to save the others and sacrifice Xiuyuan instead. E.g. during the wedding, he chose Tongzhou over Xiyuan and her reasons was because she didn't want Tong Zhou to die with regrets but she is okay to sacrifice Xiuyuan's happiness and hurt him like this. Another example when she chose to hurt Xiuyuan like that despite he was still weak in that unconscious state, where she didn't want to save Xiuyuan from the stone bed and then proceeded to do all that to him in that moment, because she chose to protect her sect and the others over trusting Xiuyuan can keep his demons in check and keep them out of this conflict by bringing them home. And it took Li Fei a really long time to forgive Xiuyuan, even when she found out about the forbidden spell he casted on her to inflict the damage on himself instead, yet when it comes to Tong Zhou despite she knew that he took her Divine tree powers secretly and he was doing all this behind her back to hurt Xiuyuan, she can still forgive him and give him a chance because she didn't want to lose their current "friendship".... but she was always so harsh to cut Xiuyuan out of her life when it comes to Xiuyuan(when putting in this comparison). So there are honestly a lot of things I dislike about Li Fei actions and decisions at times like this where she chose the others or chose to trust the good (Tongzhou) over Xiuyuan. Although she said she trusts him but her actions contradicts it during those times for me.
So from my side I DON'T dislike Xiuyuan, I just felt that during those times when Li Fei treated him this way, I wish he would just avoid her and have her chase after him so she does her side of the chasing instead, at least this way I can see their relationship to be a bit of an equal give and take in that aspect... but we can blame the script writers for that in writing the characters this way...
As far as ending goes, at least, I think we both can agree we were both happy with that ending at least. Although i would have preferred they have some babies but oh well lol
Yes, the script did her wrong as they set up all those stupid arcs to make the series more angsty before things…
I agree that Xiuyuan should have communicated with her to avoid this unnecessary misunderstanding but, even when he told her his plans, Li Fei wouldn't agree with it anyway, but at least through that Xiuyuan knows how important Riyan is to her and not just a spiritual fox hiding inside Li Fei (as Xiuyuan originally thought).
Li Fei actions and decisions to hurt Xiuyuan in the later half of the story have seriously killed her character for me. I can never understand what was in the writers mind when they have Li Fei did what she did when she saw Xiuyuan unconscious lying on the stone bed like that. Why was she so cold hearted towards Xiuyuan just make me dislike her actions in that moment because she HAD betrayed Xiuyuan trust for her.
And how can she even suggest to marry her best friend Tong Zhou for that ridiculous reason because she didn't want him to have regrets when he die... like wtf is wrong with her way of thinking. It is so messed up! This is not some grand plan to scheme against Tong Zhou... She said that originally she suggested this because she don't want Tong Zhou to die with regrets when he die so she wants to fulfil his wish... thankfully that wedding didn't work out in the end but if it went as planned, she would have seriously hurted Xiuyuan in that process because she betrayed his love and trust for her! So i really hate her actions here because, what she had shown me is that between the two she can be considerate of Tong Zhou feelings yet she can hurt Xiuyuan and disregard his feelings like that?!
It worked out in the end but Li Fei in the drama had done many questionable things that despite I know she "loves" Xiuyuan as well but it is not in equal to Xiuyuan's love for her in that comparison in the Drama.
She is someone I wish i can like in the end but like you said these nonsensical tropes go against what has preceded and she was supposed to know who have ill intentions against her but she never sensed anyone's else ill intentions against her like that senior disciple of Cuixian and she never sense that from Tong Zhou despite he had ill intentions against her as well. For Tong Zhou side maybe she did but she chose to forgive him because she didn't want to lose this friendship(another thing I didn't like about her, the double standard), yet she can cold-heartedly do all this to Xiuyuan and cut him out and quick to put that label that he killed Simo when he was still unconscious. Is she out of her crazy mind to not be able to think properly or the writers just want to make it more nonsensical to add to the drama that doesn't make any sense in the later half. Because she put that label on Xiuyuan when all these bad things happened thats why she did what she did when she went to see him again (when he was lying unconscious in the stone bed).
Anyways I think I will stop here lol because the more I think about this the more I end up disliking her character and I have the script writer to blame for ruining her character for me
It was finally revealed that the woman he had been pursuing two years ago—before the accident—wasn't the female…
You're welcome.
I think LYS went to work in Suzhou (same company as NXG) was because he wanted to go and see the woman who he misunderstood was her and see if she remembers him
I don't see it as his revenge but more of his way of seeking the answer that his heart wanted like "how can she be so forgetful or heartless?" etc.
Even when there was this misunderstanding at the beginning but LYS never really went overboard to do anything to hurt her. He was upset that she didn't remember him(again a misunderstanding on his side), but deep down he still couldn't bring himself to be cold and ruthless on her, since if she cries or upset this affects him too and the first time she cried in front of him was the first step that made him step away from being "mean" to her.
worst of guman's works.I can't emphasize with fl's pain because of makes no sense that she fell in love with that…
Song Wei Long is handsome and I don't understand what you mean by he is not charismatic lol because he IS Charismatic to me.
I found him handsome in this drama, and i love the way he brings out his emotions but if you cannot see that then thats your problem.
If he doesn't work for you then you can go watch other dramas that don't have him in it. Just like I would with some actors I dont find attractive/don't like but I won't personally go into that said drama that stars that actor i dislike to make a comment like yours.
It was finally revealed that the woman he had been pursuing two years ago—before the accident—wasn't the female…
The purpose of this information was to bring proper closure to the misunderstanding which LYS have on NXG, and for LYS to understood what has happened to him that lead him to that car accident, was not because NXG invited him to Wuxi to see the Plum Blossom and then cold heartedly left him and forget this ever happened but it was because of an unimportant person.
From NXG perspective, she never understood why he was like that towards her at the beginning(cold/somewhat giving her a hard time). And from LYS perspective this was all a misunderstanding.
That piece of information was needed to bring closure to that misunderstanding that was formed back then.
Although LYS had plans to ask and find out the truth from that friend of his, but what NXG father said to his daughter and NXG asking LYS(about that unimportant person) had escalated the truth in being revealed.
So there is a purpose behind why this was revealed. Not only for LYS sake, but also for NXG to show her how much LYS loved her all these years that, despite he originallg misunderstood her and "hated" her, but when he made the decision to pursue her again, it shows that his love for her made him forgave her even without this revelation at first.
Personally, I was glad that this brings light and gave closure to their misunderstanding because they both grown closer after this revelation and became a couple afterwards.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Jiang li fei... Don't know why you all keep talking bad about her... She…
There's nothing wrong with Xiuyuan wanting to save his brother, but yes, he did sadly betrayed Li Fei's trust for him in that moment with what he did.
That was the turning point for both their characters and for their character growth (Xiuyuan most of all).
Also, for Xiuyuan, I don't believe in that point in time he understood the importance Riyan was to Li Fei as he thought originally Riyan was just a spirit fox hiding inside Li Fei.
Xiuyuan actions to save his brother was not wrong, but what he did wrong was he didn't communicate this with Li Fei beforehand to let her know, although not like she will agree anyway but that misunderstanding was intended to happen, frustratingly for plot and character developments.
At the end of the day it depends on how you view both their individual perspective there and which side you're on. Xiuyuan already taken back most of the pain from her by using that puppet spell to redirect to himself and in that scene, I felt it wasn't only just Li Fei hurting but Xiuyuan hurts the most, because he have to do this to the girl he loves and also he lost his brother as well, so in that moment he didn't only lost his brother but Li Fei as well since it took her a very long time to finally open and forgive him again.
Li Fei has the right to be upset with Xiuyuan after that happened, but personally I felt sorry for Xiuyuan with the scenes that played out after that scene but then each to their own perspective here.
my UNPOPULAR OPINION about the characters whom the writer seemingly set up like time bombs:xiuyuan:keeps…
Your "Like, what?! I haven't even seen them express a single ounce of love for each other yet." Is clearly wrong here. Because Xiuyuan DID express his love towards Li Fei very clearly to the point I felt like he was the one putting in the most to show his love for her when compared to Li Fei on him...
I know i can put this in spoilers but, I felt like this is something that should be said upfront to forewarn others on what they are getting into... so
‼️‼️ SPOILERS BELOW ‼️‼️
Rewatching The Eternal Fragrance again, and honestly I felt like the more I watched, the more I end up disliking Jiang Li Fei in the later half of the story.
Since a part of me still cannot forgive her for what she did to Xiuyuan when he was lying unconscious on the stone bed there(after she heartlessly killed him), and when she went to see him again, she acted so cold towards him, like he is her enemy... I never understood why she can be so heartless to be doing that to him when she saw him again.
Do she not have a brain to know that Xiuyuan is unconscious so he obviously did NOT kill Simo on his side! Why is she blaming the others death and putting that label on Xiuyuan?
What she did in that moment really betrayed Xiuyuan trust for her...
I felt like even Ye Ye trusts in Xiuyuan over her. She didn't trust him at all, at least not in that moment with what she had shown me.
I really wished Xiuyuan stayed upset with her to have her work her way to earning back his forgiveness because it took her a very long time for her to forgive Xiuyuan back then when he chose to save his brother. If only the drama had shown me a side where Li Fei chase after Xiuyuan and work her way to earn back his forgiveness, even if it was just a little effort then I would have forgiven her for this but sadly Xiuyuan is just too forgiving when it comes to her.. sometimes I really can't tell if this is a good or bad trait, but what I can tell is that his love and devotion for Li Fei doesn't make me stop loving him, it just shows me he is too good for someone like Li Fei.
And her mind set to make Tong Zhou happy by fulfilling his wish because there isn't any time left by suggesting "that" was just some nonsensical logic, that once again made me dislike her for her way of thinking because she wants to make Tong Zhou happy yet she can deny Xiuyuan feelings and can hurt him in this process by her nonsensical decision in suggesting to marry Tong Zhou is honestly just wtf to me.
This is why I felt that in this relationship I see that Xiuyuan loves Li Fei more than she loves him and this whole love is not equal. One of the reason why I felt like I am only shipping the main pairing because I know Xiuyuan loves her and I want him to be happy, not because Li Fei deserves this because she don't. She never really worked for it in this relationship, it is always Xiuyuan chasing after her and putting in for this relationship.
With that being said, I do like the ending, because it was a conclusive ending and Xiuyuan got his wish and happiness in the end, and since he became a character I came to love and care for, I am glad he got his happiness in the end. I am also happy for Riyan as well since he is among my fav character in this drama too.
Sadly as far as Jiang Li Fei character in the drama goes, I don't like her, her decisions and actions in this drama had disappointed me which I wish was done differently than what we got in the drama.
I just finished this drama and submitted a review in here. Personally, I love this drama for Song Wei Long and his character as Ye Sha/Lei Xiuyuan.
There are some things I didn't like so well, but in the overall, I just wish that there were more scenes that was explained and doesn't felt like it was removed/deleted as I felt some scenes wasn't connected smoothly towards the end.
Overall I rate it a 9/10. Because compared to other dramas that is in top tier, I couldn't get into those dramas, but for this drama, it got me hooked... So my overall rating was based on how I feel for the characters when I was watching this drama, and this high rating has nothing to do with the choppy editing from Youku. For me, I decided, I will love it for the positive.
Song Wei Long as Ye Sha/Liu Xiuyuan stole the show for me!
I don't see her giving that many chances to the male lead. And how is she always staying by his side, when at the beginning, she avoided him, and even sold the male lead to that place... That's not standing by his side, when she was avoiding him. The only time she made the effort to get close to him was because of Tong Zhou (Second Male Lead), since he wanted to recruit Xiuyuan by his side.
Also, by the time she trusted the Male Lead, Xiuyuan had earned her trust, because he DID put himself on the line to protect her a couple of times, and those times, were not fake either, when he stood in front of her to protect her from the enemies attack, these situations aren't an act, it came from his heart (which even shocked Xiuyuan himself, because he did it without even thinking). And by that time, Xiuyuan (Male Lead) already genuinely cared for Li Fei to the point that he would rather use a Sacrificial spell to take down the enemy (and sacrifice himself) to protect/ensure Li Fei is safe/well protected...
So unlike you, I don't see how Xiuyuan (Male Lead) is putting her in danger, if anything, I felt like the Female Lead is always the one putting the male lead (Xiuyuan) in danger, because she can't protect herself, and every time she is in danger, the male lead (Xiuyuan) is there to save her in the process, so this is why she annoys me personally, not because of the male lead, but it is because of her incapability of protecting herself, and I honestly, wish she would have trusted the male lead (Xiuyuan) better because how her character was portrayed as (for someone who have finished the drama), I don't see that she did, and the male lead happens to put in more for her (in this relationship) than the other way around.
I guess this goes to show we can all watch the same show but perceive things very differently lol
TTEOTM was torture with that type of FL.
As for The Eternal Fragrance, each to their own opinion here and I disagree with you about the ML since I actually think the ML (Song Wei Long) did great in this drama despite this was filmed around 3 years ago and I like those subtle expressions he made during those time. I honestly felt he carried the show because he was the reason I persevered to the end for this drama
He was respecting her decisions and trusted that she will be safe from Tong Zhou.
Also Xiuyuan made a promise to Li Fei before that he will bring his demon(clan) back home so there wont be this conflict anymore between the two side anymore so that was Xiuyuan main priority at that stage.
It is not that Xiuyuan is not worried about Li Fei when he said that, but he was (1) respecting Li Fei's decisions because that was what Li Fei told him, she will handle this herself and he trust that she can handle things herself on her side, while he focus on his. (2) He did told Li Fei before (when he woke up from the stone bed), to trust him and give him some time, he will take his demons(clan) back home. (3) as much as Tong Zhou is crazy obssessed with Li Fei, Xiuyuan knows that Tong Zhou would not harm her but only held her captive at best.
So honestly, for Xiuyuan side, its not ooc when he said he wont go save Li Fei for all things considered, but that's how I see it at least given with what played out prior to that scene. I just see it that Xiuyuan trusts Li Fei can protect herself against Tong Zhou while he handle things on his side temporarily.
For me Xiuyuan was easily more likeable in this story/romance when compared to Li Fei, because I saw he put in way more for this relationship when compared to Li Fei. The countless times she have distrusted Xiuyuan and chose to save the others and sacrifice Xiuyuan instead. E.g. during the wedding, he chose Tongzhou over Xiyuan and her reasons was because she didn't want Tong Zhou to die with regrets but she is okay to sacrifice Xiuyuan's happiness and hurt him like this. Another example when she chose to hurt Xiuyuan like that despite he was still weak in that unconscious state, where she didn't want to save Xiuyuan from the stone bed and then proceeded to do all that to him in that moment, because she chose to protect her sect and the others over trusting Xiuyuan can keep his demons in check and keep them out of this conflict by bringing them home. And it took Li Fei a really long time to forgive Xiuyuan, even when she found out about the forbidden spell he casted on her to inflict the damage on himself instead, yet when it comes to Tong Zhou despite she knew that he took her Divine tree powers secretly and he was doing all this behind her back to hurt Xiuyuan, she can still forgive him and give him a chance because she didn't want to lose their current "friendship".... but she was always so harsh to cut Xiuyuan out of her life when it comes to Xiuyuan(when putting in this comparison). So there are honestly a lot of things I dislike about Li Fei actions and decisions at times like this where she chose the others or chose to trust the good (Tongzhou) over Xiuyuan. Although she said she trusts him but her actions contradicts it during those times for me.
So from my side I DON'T dislike Xiuyuan, I just felt that during those times when Li Fei treated him this way, I wish he would just avoid her and have her chase after him so she does her side of the chasing instead, at least this way I can see their relationship to be a bit of an equal give and take in that aspect... but we can blame the script writers for that in writing the characters this way...
As far as ending goes, at least, I think we both can agree we were both happy with that ending at least. Although i would have preferred they have some babies but oh well lol
Now i want to see some interaction and bromance between them continue from WOF!
So the beginning of the drama started at 2011 and the end is 2028. So that is 17 years time passed from the beginning (2011) to end (2028).
If looking at this, that is a big time skip there.
Li Fei actions and decisions to hurt Xiuyuan in the later half of the story have seriously killed her character for me. I can never understand what was in the writers mind when they have Li Fei did what she did when she saw Xiuyuan unconscious lying on the stone bed like that. Why was she so cold hearted towards Xiuyuan just make me dislike her actions in that moment because she HAD betrayed Xiuyuan trust for her.
And how can she even suggest to marry her best friend Tong Zhou for that ridiculous reason because she didn't want him to have regrets when he die... like wtf is wrong with her way of thinking. It is so messed up! This is not some grand plan to scheme against Tong Zhou... She said that originally she suggested this because she don't want Tong Zhou to die with regrets when he die so she wants to fulfil his wish... thankfully that wedding didn't work out in the end but if it went as planned, she would have seriously hurted Xiuyuan in that process because she betrayed his love and trust for her! So i really hate her actions here because, what she had shown me is that between the two she can be considerate of Tong Zhou feelings yet she can hurt Xiuyuan and disregard his feelings like that?!
It worked out in the end but Li Fei in the drama had done many questionable things that despite I know she "loves" Xiuyuan as well but it is not in equal to Xiuyuan's love for her in that comparison in the Drama.
She is someone I wish i can like in the end but like you said these nonsensical tropes go against what has preceded and she was supposed to know who have ill intentions against her but she never sensed anyone's else ill intentions against her like that senior disciple of Cuixian and she never sense that from Tong Zhou despite he had ill intentions against her as well. For Tong Zhou side maybe she did but she chose to forgive him because she didn't want to lose this friendship(another thing I didn't like about her, the double standard), yet she can cold-heartedly do all this to Xiuyuan and cut him out and quick to put that label that he killed Simo when he was still unconscious. Is she out of her crazy mind to not be able to think properly or the writers just want to make it more nonsensical to add to the drama that doesn't make any sense in the later half. Because she put that label on Xiuyuan when all these bad things happened thats why she did what she did when she went to see him again (when he was lying unconscious in the stone bed).
Anyways I think I will stop here lol because the more I think about this the more I end up disliking her character and I have the script writer to blame for ruining her character for me
But each to their own preference here since you said you don't like the ending
I think LYS went to work in Suzhou (same company as NXG) was because he wanted to go and see the woman who he misunderstood was her and see if she remembers him
I don't see it as his revenge but more of his way of seeking the answer that his heart wanted like "how can she be so forgetful or heartless?" etc.
Even when there was this misunderstanding at the beginning but LYS never really went overboard to do anything to hurt her. He was upset that she didn't remember him(again a misunderstanding on his side), but deep down he still couldn't bring himself to be cold and ruthless on her, since if she cries or upset this affects him too and the first time she cried in front of him was the first step that made him step away from being "mean" to her.
I found him handsome in this drama, and i love the way he brings out his emotions but if you cannot see that then thats your problem.
If he doesn't work for you then you can go watch other dramas that don't have him in it. Just like I would with some actors I dont find attractive/don't like but I won't personally go into that said drama that stars that actor i dislike to make a comment like yours.
From NXG perspective, she never understood why he was like that towards her at the beginning(cold/somewhat giving her a hard time). And from LYS perspective this was all a misunderstanding.
That piece of information was needed to bring closure to that misunderstanding that was formed back then.
Although LYS had plans to ask and find out the truth from that friend of his, but what NXG father said to his daughter and NXG asking LYS(about that unimportant person) had escalated the truth in being revealed.
So there is a purpose behind why this was revealed. Not only for LYS sake, but also for NXG to show her how much LYS loved her all these years that, despite he originallg misunderstood her and "hated" her, but when he made the decision to pursue her again, it shows that his love for her made him forgave her even without this revelation at first.
Personally, I was glad that this brings light and gave closure to their misunderstanding because they both grown closer after this revelation and became a couple afterwards.
That was the turning point for both their characters and for their character growth (Xiuyuan most of all).
Also, for Xiuyuan, I don't believe in that point in time he understood the importance Riyan was to Li Fei as he thought originally Riyan was just a spirit fox hiding inside Li Fei.
Xiuyuan actions to save his brother was not wrong, but what he did wrong was he didn't communicate this with Li Fei beforehand to let her know, although not like she will agree anyway but that misunderstanding was intended to happen, frustratingly for plot and character developments.
At the end of the day it depends on how you view both their individual perspective there and which side you're on. Xiuyuan already taken back most of the pain from her by using that puppet spell to redirect to himself and in that scene, I felt it wasn't only just Li Fei hurting but Xiuyuan hurts the most, because he have to do this to the girl he loves and also he lost his brother as well, so in that moment he didn't only lost his brother but Li Fei as well since it took her a very long time to finally open and forgive him again.
Li Fei has the right to be upset with Xiuyuan after that happened, but personally I felt sorry for Xiuyuan with the scenes that played out after that scene but then each to their own perspective here.
‼️‼️ SPOILERS BELOW ‼️‼️
Rewatching The Eternal Fragrance again, and honestly I felt like the more I watched, the more I end up disliking Jiang Li Fei in the later half of the story.
Since a part of me still cannot forgive her for what she did to Xiuyuan when he was lying unconscious on the stone bed there(after she heartlessly killed him), and when she went to see him again, she acted so cold towards him, like he is her enemy... I never understood why she can be so heartless to be doing that to him when she saw him again.
Do she not have a brain to know that Xiuyuan is unconscious so he obviously did NOT kill Simo on his side! Why is she blaming the others death and putting that label on Xiuyuan?
What she did in that moment really betrayed Xiuyuan trust for her...
I felt like even Ye Ye trusts in Xiuyuan over her. She didn't trust him at all, at least not in that moment with what she had shown me.
I really wished Xiuyuan stayed upset with her to have her work her way to earning back his forgiveness because it took her a very long time for her to forgive Xiuyuan back then when he chose to save his brother. If only the drama had shown me a side where Li Fei chase after Xiuyuan and work her way to earn back his forgiveness, even if it was just a little effort then I would have forgiven her for this but sadly Xiuyuan is just too forgiving when it comes to her.. sometimes I really can't tell if this is a good or bad trait, but what I can tell is that his love and devotion for Li Fei doesn't make me stop loving him, it just shows me he is too good for someone like Li Fei.
And her mind set to make Tong Zhou happy by fulfilling his wish because there isn't any time left by suggesting "that" was just some nonsensical logic, that once again made me dislike her for her way of thinking because she wants to make Tong Zhou happy yet she can deny Xiuyuan feelings and can hurt him in this process by her nonsensical decision in suggesting to marry Tong Zhou is honestly just wtf to me.
This is why I felt that in this relationship I see that Xiuyuan loves Li Fei more than she loves him and this whole love is not equal. One of the reason why I felt like I am only shipping the main pairing because I know Xiuyuan loves her and I want him to be happy, not because Li Fei deserves this because she don't. She never really worked for it in this relationship, it is always Xiuyuan chasing after her and putting in for this relationship.
With that being said, I do like the ending, because it was a conclusive ending and Xiuyuan got his wish and happiness in the end, and since he became a character I came to love and care for, I am glad he got his happiness in the end. I am also happy for Riyan as well since he is among my fav character in this drama too.
Sadly as far as Jiang Li Fei character in the drama goes, I don't like her, her decisions and actions in this drama had disappointed me which I wish was done differently than what we got in the drama.
There are some things I didn't like so well, but in the overall, I just wish that there were more scenes that was explained and doesn't felt like it was removed/deleted as I felt some scenes wasn't connected smoothly towards the end.
Overall I rate it a 9/10. Because compared to other dramas that is in top tier, I couldn't get into those dramas, but for this drama, it got me hooked... So my overall rating was based on how I feel for the characters when I was watching this drama, and this high rating has nothing to do with the choppy editing from Youku. For me, I decided, I will love it for the positive.
Song Wei Long as Ye Sha/Liu Xiuyuan stole the show for me!
Full Review: https://mydramalist.com/profile/7584231/review/602136