Editorials
it get better
The first 10 episodes of this drama are really bad. I had given up on the show. Slow, boring, corny stories ad nauseam and ultra patronizing. Bad acting.The I tried again and I found out that after the 10th episode the drama focuses mostly on the happenings within the team and the fights. Everything becomes more fluid and fast and the story between ML and FL is very cute. The acting remains bad but is less noticeable. The in-game fight scenes are really cool. And, finally, a chinese show where the female lead actually remains the heroine of the drama. A fine example of girl power. She still remains the little one who needs the reassurance of the strong man, but, among the c-dramas I've seen (which are few, so I can not generalize) this is undoubtedly the one where the role of the woman comes out better.
Was this review helpful to you?
Son Oh-gong is the best
Premise: I love rom-com-fantasy so maybe I'm a little biased. This is one of my favorite kdramas because of Son Oh-gong, my favorite character of all time. Lee Seung Gi here is gorgeous. After seeing this series I went to see all his other dramas! FL, Oh Yeon Seo, I didn't like, I disliked her from the beginning. But her character has good chemistry with Son Oh-gong and that's enough. The other characters are so strong that they take up her slack. Also the imaginary world created is fascinating. Unfortunately the ending is pretty unsatisfying (and this is why I can give a 10 to this drama) but the journey that leads to the unhappy conclusion (in the sense of script quality) is fun and engaging therefore I recommend it to anyone who loves the fantasy and rom-com genre.Was this review helpful to you?
This zombie is sexy af
The first two episodes are bad. Although what they tell is interesting, they are slow and boring. I was about to let go. Then luckily a review here on mydramalist convinced me to go on. And now that I've finished it, I'm satisfied. I had fun! The investigations are full of suspense and the twists and turns are unexpected. ML as a zombie is great. Sexy af and a lot of fun. The chemistry between ML and FL isn't bad either. It is not a true love story but they are cute. I could have given a higher score to this drama if it hadn't been for the "comical" duo, the two neighboring detectives. I did not like their comedy and serve no purpose in the beginning. so I skipped all of their scenes, except in the 2-3 last episodes when they become important.Was this review helpful to you?
Was this review helpful to you?
I want that robot
I absolutely loved this drama, every episode. All of them... but the last two. The ending is forced. Illogical things happen and almost random events allow the plot to move forward. A bit 'a mess, in short. So my note and my review go from ep 1 to ep 17 beginning. The summary is: this robot is drop dead gorgeous. I was also passionate about the plot. The relationship between the robot and the girl is adorable and the chemistry between the two is sparkling. The evolution of the humanity of the robot is told really well. Unfortunately, there are a few X-rated issues that remain unexplained and that make me question the success of their eternal love, but whatever, let's pretend everything is perfect there too. Besides, they are so cute!Was this review helpful to you?
Cute, short ride
I enjoyed this show, it has been the perfect excuse for procrastinating what I'm actually supposed to do. The actors are handsome and credible and I liked the chemistry between the main leads. The quality of this show is similar to the tv dramas, which is not often the case for a web serie. This is why I was disappointed at the ending. The main problem and the solution that the writers find is a bit weak, from my perspective. The characters could have found a lot of creative way to overcome it, they had the time to organize it. And they could also do other stuff before that one.... I'm just saying...Also the story of the second leads is almost useless, just as their chemistry. Sad because I really like Jang Eui Soo. But they don't have much screen time, so it isn't really a problem.
All in all, everything was fluffy, cute, easy to watch, well directed. I didn't skip anything and probably I'm gonna watch other work of Bae In Hyuk because.. damn!
Was this review helpful to you?
Pretty but boring
This drama has beautiful cinematography and osts. The story in the beginning is fun and engaging. The cast is really really good. The main leads in particular are really able to deliver all their feelings. This is the best thing of this drama. You can feel all the three of them from the first scene. After a while though, I lost my curiosity as to how the story would end. It became boring. Each episode has noteworthy moments, but overall it was really challenging for me to make it all the way through the last episode.Was this review helpful to you?
Not just a drama, but a door into a new world
This is the series with which I became acquainted with kdrama. And that's how I discovered South Korea, this wonderful country that churns out rom-coms like there's no tomorrow, that's full of not handsome, but ultra gorgeous men, that makes a kissing scene last 10 minutes (ahahha I love you Korean directors), that tells 16 hours of love story with sky-high sexual tension without showing a single piece of skin, that ends every episode with irresistible cliffhangers. Before Crash landing on you and kdramas, I had never spent an entire night watching TV. The meme of the guy hearing the birds outside the window and saying "i fucked up" now makes me laugh so hard. It's been three years and I'm now watching my 100th kdrama, Imitation, because, yes, I also have a premium viki account now. While watching Imitation I regretfully wonder why there wasn't a story line with Woosan as the main characters and last week I finally got to eat Tteokbokki and drink soju for the first time (here in Switzerland due to Covid the restaurants have only just reopened). So yes, I recommend watching this kdrama :)Was this review helpful to you?
keep up the good work
The first episodes are a bit slow but they don’t deserve 8.2 as a rating. I find it very interesting. I’ll keep whatching, I’m curious to see where it’s going. The FL is adorable and I’m rooting for TeaParty. I’m giving it a 10 to raise the rating. I’ll rate it again at the end. The fifth episode is really cute.The acting skills of the various idols are so-so, but I'm liking the leads and overall it's all the actors are so good looking that you forgive them anything. The story so far is holding up and I find it very interesting to find out the behind the scenes of a world I don't know at all.
Was this review helpful to you?
Unsatisfied
Fake, kitsch, no chemistry, plastic faces,. ML portrays his character with depth and nuance. His emotional growth is also well portrayed. It’s a shame that not a shred of emotion is visible on his plastic enhanced face (why? He was already super hot) FL is a strong girl. So strong that has only basic emotion: happy, neutral, pissed, angry. There is no chemistry between the two. ML is full of chemistry by himself and shower FL with it. Such a big aura. Stop messing with your face you fool. The plot is engaging, but it’s full of filler—like endless walks, scenes dragged out to the point of tedium, useless slow motion and random epic music playing at every turn. The series is well-shot, but the post-production is amateurish. Nope. Dropped.Was this review helpful to you?
My favorite
An 8.3 rating doesn't do this drama justice. When it first came out, to pass the time during the long wait between episodes, I kept rewatching the previous one. It made me laugh so hard. Now it's my go-to comfort drama. The cast is wonderful. Moon Ga Young is adorable, funny, and really good at conveying her emotions. Cha Eun-woo... well, he's Cha Eun-woo. I didn't know him before. Needless to say, after *True Beauty*, I immediately watched *Gangnam Beauty* (which is basically the same story) because I needed to keep enjoying that incredible face card. It’s not a perfect drama. It’s clearly a guilty pleasure. But it’s a drama that knows the it draws heavily on the genre’s clichés and does so in the best possible way—with irony and a lighthearted touch.Was this review helpful to you?
Beautiful
I love stories with superpowers, magic, and fantasy—especially those where the heroes learn to handle their new powers. This show does the genre justice; the characters are fun and unconventional, the actors are fantastic, and, well, Cha Eun-woo’s good looks are a superpower in and of themselves. There’s also a romantic subplot—a really cute “enemy-to-lover” story. To be honest, the two of them don’t have that much chemistry. But overall, they’re cute enough. Anyway, I binge-watched the whole thing in one night, and it’s been a while since I’ve done that.Was this review helpful to you?
so much potential
Great cinematography, great actors, really handsome ML, powerful beginning. After the first two episodes I was totally in love with this drama. I love fantasy and I love romance, it was perfect for me. But man they throw it away... Half of the show is good but the other half is so bad that in the end i don't recommend anyone to lose time with this. The problem is that each episode is half good and half bad: after each major scene there is endless time where the characters involved in that scene explain to all the other characters what just happened, what does it means, what they have to do next. Then they do that and the routine begin again.Half of each episodes is dragged from the beginning to the end of the show.
Another big problem is that the rules of magic in this world are a bit confused. It is not really clear when Ma Wang manifest, how strong are his power compared to the others and how powerful are the magical items. The magical spirits are cool but in some ways not so convincing, in particular the white guy and the green guy.
Last but not least the plot in the end is a bit weak and you can really feel it because of all the useless scenes.
I'm so disappointed, the premises were really cool.
Was this review helpful to you?
Real english title: Go Go K&K
The main problem with this cute (but often boring) c-drama in a sentence: "At his house doing chores, I'm so happy!" Yes, FL actually said that. C'mon girl... The title (at least the English translation) would suggest that FL is the main character. Instead, she simply exists as a cute accessory to ML. The drama is about him, his growth, his journey. FL, despite occupying many scenes, serves no purpose. She is a cute ornament busy being worried about ML, putting on makeup, making coffee and serving all the men in the drama.What I liked: the first few episodes are really funny, FL and ML have great chemistry, ML is really handsome and all the scenes with the K&K team guys are adorable and hilarious. They are the real heart of the drama.
Was this review helpful to you?