Details

  • Last Online: 1 day ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 23 LV1
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: September 3, 2020
  • Awards Received: Coin Gift Award1
On Sword and Beloved • Dec 6, 2025
Congrats Sword and Beloved to be iQIYI most anticipated IP among members on IQIYI Screaming Night 2025 and iQiyi 2025 World Favorite (TV Series) Male Character ChengYi for Wang Quan Fugui! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
10 0
Replying to Mrnice332 • Dec 6, 2025
Please quick Answer Did Cheng Yi attend IQIYI NIGHT SCREAM YESTERDAY
No, he was filming Two Capitals Fifteen Days till midnight.
2 5
On Cheng Yi • Dec 6, 2025
Person Cheng Yi
Many Guoguo came to Hengdian today, to accompany our baby ChengYi and gave the green sea along the way. And our baby after he off work, directly went out to greet Guoguo, even without removing his headgear first because he doesnt want to make Guoguo wait more longer. Really the sweetest babyyyyπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— he opened his car window and waving happily till the last Guoguo in sight. And he also remind Guoguo who drop her things haha,,, and said "pay attention to safety!" Really my angel!!!! πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’š
https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:5241011241418872
https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:5241004626739269
https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:5241001552576575
https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:5241000097153037
https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:5241001061843074
https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:5241012076085282

Today he also gave Guoguo milk tea less sugar (always health conscious babyπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†) and the crew of Two Capitals Fifteen Days brought them to Guoguo. He also treats the crews for roasted lamb for yesterday and today treats them jasmine tea πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
https://weibo.com/7093712832/5240964979627495
https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:5240548638785583

Congrats for The Journey of Legend to be the most popular series on weibo in today iQIYI Scream Night, and for Sword and Beloved to be The most anticipated IP among members! Also iQiyi 2025 World Favorite (TV Series) Male Character ChengYi for Wang Quan Fugui in "Sword and Beloved," and 2025 Evergreen (TV Series) Character "Mysterious Lotus Casebook" Li Lianhua.
6 0
On Cheng Yi • Nov 28, 2025
Person Cheng Yi
ChengYi has donated 1 million yuan to help for rescue and relief effort for those who effected by Taipo fire in Hongkong, using his real name Fu ShiQi, like he always does πŸ₯ΉπŸ₯ΉπŸ₯ΉπŸ₯Ή
"We share the same roots and are connected by blood. Chengyi donated 1 million RMB through our association to support the resettlement and follow-up assistance of those affected by the Tai Po fire in Hong Kong. Every act of support is the beginning of hope. In times of crisis, we stand shoulder to shoulder!"
https://weibo.com/1883869845/5238074528763907
Prayers for HongkongπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
12 1
Replying to Yuli • Nov 28, 2025
Person Cheng Yi
Anyone know any news related to this accident? https://www.facebook.com/share/r/1AU4zQ57Vj/ πŸ₯²Is he ok? recently…
The weiya crews really cant coordinate well! So many accidents happened because of the weiya crews. If they cant handle it well, the drama party must replace them with more professional team! 🀬🀬🀬🀬 safety measure is the most important things!!!
From ChengYi studio statement, not sure if he really have more thorough examination. He even didnt have rest time to check it properly and already go back to filming this morning 😭😭😭😭 i feel really helpless, can only pray to God to protect himπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
3 0
On Cheng Yi • Nov 27, 2025
Person Cheng Yi
It is really breaking my heart that every time he has an accidents, noone come out to apologize for him. Today even worst, he is the victim but he is the one who apologize😭😭😭😭😭😭 today he fell really hard with his back head on the ground from quite high altitude. And there is no safety mat either.
https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:5237640069316658
https://x.com/yukiko64146303/status/1993985421651660899?t=swylRCl1p-GfgKz5kbitJA&s=19
And yesterday the weiya crews failed to catch him, so he need to secured it himself😭😭😭 he even manage to save that weiya crews from falling! OMG!!! 😑😑😑 and so many times before. Other artists got the apology from the crews with proper explanation about the artist condition. But for our ChengYi,,😭😭😭😭 artists without background really hard😭😭😭😭😭 he need to fight 2x harder than anyone. And even his hard efforts can be deleted easily because they want to promote others in his own 1st billing dramas. The world is really unfair to him 😭😭😭😭😭😭 babyyy dont be too hard on yourself 😭😭😭😭😭😭 your safety and health is the most important 😭😭😭😭😭😭
I am crying so hard reading his post 😭😭😭😭😭
https://weibo.com/2060419113/5237704104348863
"Bumps and bruises are inevitable during filming. I'm very sorry to let everyone see what happened today. For every fighting scene, the martial arts team does their best to protect the actors.
Behind the scenes, they are more prone to injury than the actors, and they always perform the action sequences first.
Before filming, when discussing choreography,
the martial arts instructors repeatedly confirm with the actors whether the movements are feasible.
I also carefully consider my own abilities and only do what I'm capable of.
Thank you all for your attention to "Two Capitals, Fifteen Days," and thank you for your concern. I hope our entire team's hard work will allow us to meet everyone soon next year. [bowing]"

His studio replied "Preliminary checks have confirmed that ChengYi is not unwell.
The production team is also communicating with the crew to strengthen subsequent protective measures.
The production team understands everyone's feelings.
We will keep you updated on any further issues!"
https://weibo.com/6047132413/5237707397136493
And yet there is no proper explanation of the medical check up result/hospital report🀬🀬🀬 They didnt even push the crews to apologize 🀬🀬🀬🀬 really perfunctory!!!! Hope when QiQi left his agency, he can have good team that really take good care of him πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

And the crews finally respond πŸ˜‘
https://weibo.com/7505196365/5237735556126259
"To all friends who care about Cheng Yi, thank you for your supervision and concern. We also thank actor Cheng Yi for his respect and dedication to every scene and every shot. We extend our deepest apologies to Cheng Yi for the unexpected incident that occurred during filming. The production team will closely monitor the actor's condition, prioritizing his health and safety above all else. Furthermore, we will learn from this incident and strengthen safety measures on set to ensure the safety of every cast and crew member."
Hope they really do what they sayπŸ˜‘ safety and health is the most important! 🀨 hope they changed the weiya team with the more proper one. And hope they gave him enough time to really go to the hospital for more detail examination🀨
9 4
Replying to xiyi • Nov 24, 2025
Person Cheng Yi
why he's so into sad ending drama...Why why why???
In response to this, let me quote what ChengYi has said when he was interviewed by Beijing News recently, he said "I've seen some viewers discuss how the characters I've played often end up with rather "bitter" fates. While their stories are heartbreaking, I don't think their hearts are truly bitter. These past characters all possess a certain resilience and purity. I don't have a strong preference for any particular character type. At different stages of my life, I consider choosing roles with different personalities and styles. This might be related to my state of mind when reading the script."
7 0
Replying to godofdust • Nov 24, 2025
Person Cheng Yi
The wording of this is kinda weird.. Cheng Yi didn't forbid anything. He just let his fans know that he's busy…
For now is IQIYI production.
0 0
Replying to godofdust • Nov 24, 2025
Person Cheng Yi
The wording of this is kinda weird.. Cheng Yi didn't forbid anything. He just let his fans know that he's busy…
Yes, 215 was scheduled for Q2 airing, with how long Chinese dramas processes for censorships, not to mentioned for the post-production too, and his upcoming drama in Youku also need for dubbing and promotion, so his schedule is really packed.
0 0
Replying to z1one1 • Nov 21, 2025
Person Cheng Yi
I heard Cheng Yi will be attending iQIYI scream Night on 6th December 2025. True?Thanks !
Today his official fansclub update, ChengYi has been filming on set recently and has no plans to participate in any events.
6 1
On Cheng Yi • Nov 19, 2025
Person Cheng Yi
AAAHHHH SO HAPPYYY!!! Finally The Vendetta of An passed censorships today!!!! With 28 eps, hope the story fast pace and engaging, especially focus more on our Lord Xie Huai An on his revenge agenda!!!! 🀩🀩🀩🀩🀩 Hope we know the airing date soon!!!! πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
8 0
Replying to Yuchen • Nov 19, 2025
The drama passed censorship on November 14, 2025, and received its distribution license today, November 19, 2025.
Finally!!!! Yeaaaaaahhh!!!!!! Now just waiting for the airing date!!!! 🀩🀩🀩🀩🀩🀩🀩🀩🀩🀩🀩🀩🀩🀩 Cant wait for our Lord Xie Huai An to come!!!! πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
14 0
Replying to sonnobella • Nov 17, 2025
Person Cheng Yi
Battle of Cheng Yi's characters:Si Feng vs. Qiu ShuiLi Lianhua vs. Li ChenzhouYing Yuan vs. Fu GuiWho would win…
I think we need to switch the pair for fair battle.
Si Feng vs Ying Yuan
Qiushui vs Fu Gui
Li Lianhua vs Li Chenzhou
1st pair, i think maybe YingYuan, because he is God of War, so his fighting skills already trained for many centuries. And Si Feng has a soft spot for God of War because his wife is one of them 🀣
2nd pair, hmm this a bit difficult, maybe we have equal battle? And they both softie baby and lost their parents, in the end they will vow for brotherhood🀭 although in term of parents, Qiushui win in this😭😭😭😭😭 both mom and dad really show their love for him, no abuse psychology whatsoever.
3rd pair, although both of them are poisoned for many years, but since Li Chenzhou has better luck in love department, so he win🀣🀣🀣🀣
6 1
Replying to Kei Kei • Nov 15, 2025
Person Cheng Yi
i dont really read or into about celebrity issues or gossips. All i do is to follow my fav actors (specially Cheng…
I guess the perfect analogy to describe is like Li Xiang Yi. He was poisoned because he was strong in martial art. His talent was envied by many people including his most close person. Like Li Xiang Yi, he doesnt have any background, he only relied on his martial art skills. In c-ent, they bully the weak who has no background, instead of working hard to improve their skills, they tried hard to bring down their opponents. ChengYi's acting skills is his savior. He has a rough life on his earlier career, but because of his persistence, so his efforts bring him success. And because of his success, his road even become more harder. My pray, hopefully he meet with people who have the same vision as him to create good works, hope he is safe and healthy, because he really love acting so muchπŸ₯ΉπŸ₯ΉπŸ₯ΉπŸ₯Ή seeing him strive so hard for every filming, i feel so distress sometimes πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί
5 0
Replying to Eclipse02 • Nov 15, 2025
Person Cheng Yi
Xinhua News Agency interview - 14 Nov 2025https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:5232955988049970https://x.com/ChengYiThaiFans/status/1989355396998578427?t=o0JZz5mBwGJrw3H8LyfFkw&s=19Q…
The interviewer also write her impression of ChengYi :
https://x.com/doozy_bug/status/1989523773599748191?t=rTn6V3K6Jh6cZUOccz9aBg&s=19

An exclusive interview with Cheng Yi: He truly loves acting. We interviewed Cheng Yi the day before the premiere of "The Sword and the Heart," getting up close and personal with this actor I've always admired.

Then I discovered he's a bit... a workaholic. Every question you asked him revolved around acting; he seemed completely immersed in it.

He said he loves acting. Being in a role makes him happy, even if his body is tired, his heart is joyful, and he doesn't feel it.

Perhaps because we're around the same age, as the listener, I felt a sense of relief when he said this.

Having reached my thirties, I deeply understand how rare it is to have the opportunity to do what you love, and therefore, like him, I cherish it all the more.

I think our experiences are those of most people. His story comforts not only his audience and fans.

Before the interview began, I chatted with him, saying we had just come from the World Taekwondo Championships. The Chinese team produced a group of outstanding "post-2005" athletes this year. He blinked his big eyes and asked me, "Are there many competitions in Wuxi?" At that time, he had just moved from Hengdian, where he had worked for a long time, to Wuxi and was full of curiosity about this new city where he would work and live.

I verbally told him the schedule of the major competitions that Wuxi was going to host and gave him a brief introduction to places in Wuxi suitable for exercise and outdoor activities, hoping it would be helpful to him.

I wish him continued success in pursuing his beloved drama and a happy work and life in Wuxi.
1 0
On Cheng Yi • Nov 15, 2025
Person Cheng Yi
Finale message from our ChengYi FuguiπŸ₯ΉπŸ₯ΉπŸ₯Ή
"Move forward, the road ahead is long, till we meer againπŸ™"
"Sword and Beloved" concludes today. Thank you for accompanying Wang Quan Fugui this far.
"Can slaying stronger demons and drawing faster swords truly unleash the sword of heaven and earth?" The answer is "no." Because the intent of the sword originates from the heart, and the heart is built from emotion. Only by learning to perceive and love this world can one wield the sword of the heart. I believe Fugui, who sacrificed himself for his cause, had no regrets, because he protected what he wanted to protect.
No one is born strong, but there will always be someone who upholds fairness and justice. Wang Quan Fugui's path is the harmonious coexistence of all things. He led everyone into a story of awakening, rebellion, responsibility, and protection with his sincere heart before quietly departing.
I'm so fortunate to have encountered this character, and I'm also reluctant to say goodbye now. Thank you to all the partners who fought alongside me; it is your collective effort that made this dream so magnificent and fulfilling.
Move forward, we will meet again!
https://weibo.com/2060419113/5233327222558772

From ChengYi studio :
https://weibo.com/6047132413/5233313440860297
"Wang Quan Fu Gui - Sword Cultivation's Record"
From our first meeting in the depths of winter to our parting in early winter, Wang Quan Fu Gui finally attained his own path, protecting the peace of this world.
"The world does not belong to demons, nor to humans, but to all living beings." Having journeyed together, may we too find our own paths, roaming freely in this vast world.
With no regrets in our actions, with a clear conscience.
With an open heart, we move forward.

http://xhslink.com/o/7tfn2vjnsYs
There are countless beautiful things in this world: spring blossoms, autumn moon, summer cicadas, winter snowβ€”all are worth treasuring.
Go to work happily, leave work happily, and spend every day joyfully. See you all in the next role! πŸ‘‹

Trivia ChengYi filming WangQuan Fugui until he finished filming πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
http://xhslink.com/o/3JeMBuKsd1N
4 0
On Cheng Yi • Nov 14, 2025
Person Cheng Yi
Xinhua News Agency interview - 14 Nov 2025
https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:5232955988049970
https://x.com/ChengYiThaiFans/status/1989355396998578427?t=o0JZz5mBwGJrw3H8LyfFkw&s=19
Q : What were your feelings when you learned that "Sword and Beloved" was going to air?
CY : When suddenly hear Sword and Beloved was going to air, i feel anxious but off course mostly happy and nervous too. At that time, when i received the script and read it, i feel it is gonna be hard, how to do it, how the audiences response, most of all, do they like it.

Q : What preparations did you make for this role?
CY : i discuss with the teachers (this is how he adressed the crews) what should be inserted into the drama (technically). Then when we filmed it, we put our best efforts and hardwork into the drama. Me myself have to learn many things, such as his fighting stance, how he does his magic power, the gesture, the movement, include various effects, how Fugui was liked/accepted by many people, how amazing his thinking is, so rare, unique, unimaginable idea, and very meaningful.

Q: Discuss the interpretation of Eastern aesthetics in this drama?
CY : The beauty of the oriental style is both exquisite and exceptional.We want to give the audiences, dream. Many details put into the drama, such as the lanterns, explore Eastern mythology in our own way. Because of the charm of traditional culture, it lies in the integration of the spirit and wisdom of the peoples. As an actor, I am very happy to be involved in this project. For example, our various characters in this story, including a fish-shaped lamp, also various embroidery works, many scenes designed by the art professors, also emotions of our characters in this story.

Q : What was the most difficult part of filming, the blindfolded fight scenes? How did you develop chemistry with your acting partners?
CY : Because during the fight scenes, we get blindfolded, my biggest fear was hurting the stuntmen. For example, I was worried about hurting my co-star, and they were worried about hurting me. They were afraid I wouldn't be able to see, and I was worried they wouldn't be able to see me. So I felt this was relatively difficult. I had to rehearse it several times beforehand to get a feel for it, and also to practice the moves beforehand to avoid hurting anyone. I hope everyone thinks the fight scene was okay. I hope that when you watch this scene, you can connect with the audience and understand why the scene was done this way, and appreciate the dedication of the director, stuntmen, and actors.

Q : Looking back after the entire character creation was completed, what exactly was "Wang Quan Fugui" like?
CY : At the time i was really nervous.
Feel like back in school, after exam, airing the drama is like submitting the exam and wait for the result given by the audiences, to see, to understand.
During filming, the teachers tried their best to preserve the core essence of the characters, to make the audience appreciate them. "The world is neither a world of demons nor a world of humans, but a world of all living beings." The Dao/path of WangQuan Fugui is the path of equality for all living beings. Regardless of one's status, everyone has a reason to live. This world of harmonious coexistence deeply moved me, and I learned a great deal.

Q : From the initial preparations and the creative process to looking back a year later, what new insights did I gain from this production?
CY : In the future, I will teach myself, that in fact, learning is done step by step. Intellectual knowledge must also be accumulated gradually. I feel some excitement. And I'm a little nervous. But in the end, I'd like to try something new as well. I actually went and asked the people around me, to ask for their opinion. When I saw it, I was like, wow, so this is how it is? Wow, this is how it can be done. I can do something like this too (trying out action moves🀭). Including the special effects mentioned here, how to find a way to integrate it into your fighting style. Actually, I feel that some of the moves from the old martial arts style that were played before, It would more focus on realism. For Fugui's big fight scene, his fighting stance will focus on how to combine well between his magic power with those moves. For me, the most important thing is to have your own believe. Will the audience believe that you are actually using magic? Will the audience believe that this rhythm and effect are realistic? You and your mind must be one. Is what is shown really what this character did? So actually, I just want to create dreams for the audience.

Q : Will you pause to watch the live comments?
CY : For me, what I like is, don't let even a second pass by, you must click and watch immediately. After watching it the first time, I might go back and watch it again. Watch the third round, the fourth round, the fifth round. When I see cute comments or funny jokes, I immediately pressed pause. I was like, "Oh, I know!" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Q : How do you resolve strong negative emotions?
CY : For me, it's okay. I don't feel too worried. In fact, I'm more worried about them, my family, friends, and many people who care about me. On the other hand, I feel like I'm doing okay. As an actor, there are many things that have helped me grow. I'm slowly learning to accept it, bit by bit, and gradually learning how to accept it and make it better. This is what I should do. I should handle everything within my own limits.

Q: When you're under such intense scrutiny, how do you deal with anxiety and pressure?
CY : It's not just acting. I think every profession has its own worries. Every profession faces obstacles and hardships. But as an adult, I have to accept these things. I have to learn this much. As an actor, I've been in the industry for over ten years. I've been growing steadily. I'm learning a lot, bit by bit, and I'm improving. I've also received a lot of support from my fans and viewers. They've given me so much good advice, and it's made me stronger. They've also guided me on this path, guiding me on how to make my acting even better. Actually I'm more worried about them, because they truly care about me. But as long as I have a character to play, once the role is in my hands, I'll do my best to deliver it.

Q : If you could travel through time and have a conversation, what encouragement would you give to your younger self when you first entered the industry?
CY : Then I'd like to thank myself for persevering and never giving up. Work harder, complain less. Actually, I tell myself this too. It's a standard I set for myself. I tell myself to work harder, do more, and complain less. This is also what my father told me. I'll try my best, in my own way, to make this a success. I'll give it my all, to the point where whatever the outcome is, I'll just let it happen naturally. I'll try to leave as few regrets or lingering feelings as possible. I think life goes by so fast. It's only been a few decades. I'm afraid I'll have lingering feelings. Why didn't I persevere and give it my all back then? I'm afraid that when I look back on it, I'll regret it. I should have shot more back then, and I could have done it. Maybe I should have done one more take for this scene. Maybe I should have prepared this character a little more carefully. I would have left myself with fewer lingering feelings, right? Of course, in this world, nothing is perfect. So I think you should just try your best. Just enjoy these moments and try to leave yourself with as few regrets as possible, because time flies by so fast. Looking back, I'm afraid I'll regret it later. That's why I compete with myself. I think this kind of simplicity is the best. Happiness is the most important thing. This simple, ordinary thing is the most authentic/genuine thing.
3 1
Replying to Cahane • Nov 11, 2025
I am totally think that those who said WQFG is immoral simply doesn't understand this drama or they are very bias…
Yes, even after QT find Fugui again, she didnt stick around to find cure for him, and still went back to her brother. If she was afraid she will hurt him because of the grief seed, but it shouldnt stop her to find the cure if she want to, isnt it? How can love be nurtured when she is gone most of the time with her brother? She has many opportunities to get free from her brother.
4 1
On Cheng Yi • Nov 10, 2025
Person Cheng Yi
Beijing News Interview - 10 Nov 2025
https://m.bjnews.com.cn/detail/1762734620168461.html

Cheng Yi: When the Spotlight Is Off, I'm Just an Ordinary Person

Cheng Yi rarely appears in the public eye outside of his works. Regarding this "detachment" from his characters outside of work, he frankly admits that although he carries the imprint of his roles, a character is a character, and life is life. As an actor, on stage, he wants to bring that character to the audience. "When the spotlight is off, I'm just an ordinary person." The drama "Sword and Beloved," starring Cheng Yi, is currently airing on iQiyi. In the drama, Cheng Yi plays Wang Quan Fugui, who was raised from childhood as the "ultimate weapon" for slaying demons and monsters. Growing up under strict family rules, he remains confused about the ultimate question of "why wield the sword." After experiencing the vicissitudes of life and numerous trials, he gradually breaks through his inner confusion, achieving a fundamental transformation from ignorance to perseverance, from pursuing power to understanding the essence of "the Dao heart."

Cheng Yi's off-screen personality complements his on-screen image in an interesting way, making him feel genuine and approachable to fans.

After the series premiered, the theme of "the world of humans and demons and the world of all living beings" sparked widespread discussion. In a recent interview with the Beijing News, Cheng Yi stated that, in his view, "the world does not belong to demons, nor to humans, but to all living beings," which is the element that the drama "Sword and Beloved" aims to convey, and also the realization Wang Quan Fugui had after achieving enlightenment. Cheng Yi frankly admitted that Wang Quan Fugui's path leans towards a broad-minded, egalitarian view of all things, a sense of inclusiveness and love for the vast world.

As a popular young actor in recent years, Cheng Yi maintains a low-profile lifestyle outside of acting and filming, rarely appearing in the public eye outside of his works. Regarding this "detachment" from his characters outside of work, Cheng Yi frankly admits that although he carries the imprint of his roles, a character is a character, and life is life. As an actor, on stage, he wants to bring that character to the audience. "When the spotlight is off, I'm just an ordinary person."

If acting is seen as a way for actors to explore the world and themselves, Cheng Yi says that although he is not yet clear about where he wants to go, he knows that he has already set off and is still on the road.

[Interview]

The challenge of playing Fugui was to express the character's core essence through an introspective approach.

Beijing News: What attracted you to the story of "Sword and Beloved," and to the character of Wang Quan Fugui?

Cheng Yi: What attracted me most about Wang Quan Fugui was that he was powerful but not arrogant, gentle yet principled. As a "soldier," he should have been a law-abiding, ruthless demon-slaying weapon, but he dared to break the rules, seeking his own path within the constraints. He had an equal heart towards the world, possessing both the sharpness and courage of a strongman, and the warmth of an ordinary person.

Beijing News: After the premiere, everyone's first reaction was to discuss the theme of "the world of humans and demons and the world of all living beings." If you were to summarize Wang Quan Fugui's "Tao" in one sentence, what would it be?

Cheng Yi: "The world does not belong to demons, nor to humans, but to all living beings." This is what our drama wants to convey, and it is also Wang Quan Fugui's realization after enlightenment. I think Wang Quan Fugui's Tao leans more towards a broad-minded, egalitarian heart towards all things, a kind of inclusiveness and love for the vast world.

Cheng Yi said that what attracted him most about the character Wang Quan Fugui in "Sword and Beloved" was that "he is powerful but not arrogant, gentle but with his own principles."

Beijing News: During the acting process, do you take "character notes" to understand the character's state? For example, in your opinion, what is the most important keyword for Fugui?

Cheng Yi: I do take character notes regularly. In my view, Fugui is a person with a tolerant heart and a rebellious spirit. He is strong enough, yet gentle towards the world. He doesn't look down on others because of his strength, nor does he harbor resentment because he has never experienced the love and happiness of ordinary people's lives.

Beijing News: Are there any similarities between his personality and yours?

Cheng Yi: The similarity between us is that we both have the ability to calm ourselves down, to enjoy solitude, and to gain new insights and strength from being alone.

Beijing News: For you, what was the biggest challenge in playing Fugui?

Cheng Yi: The challenge was probably how to express the character's core in a relatively restrained way and present his growth trajectory. Especially since Wang Quan Fugui is perceived as very "cold" and "weapon-like" by the outside world, it required conveying many details to the audience in the performance, showing that Fugui actually has warmth inside.

These past roles all carried a certain resilience and purity.

Beijing News: Filming action scenes is very tough, but you said, "I love it." Are you willing to endure this hardship to fulfill your childhood dream of becoming a martial arts actor, or is it an actor's dedication to their profession?

Cheng Yi: Actually, it's about professional ethics. The day I entered the Central Academy of Drama's acting department, my teachers told me, "Be a good person first, then act." As an actor, you need passion, action, and perseverance. Creating dreams for the audience is a very meaningful thing. Martial arts dramas are also very unique and representative of our country's domestic dramas, and I hope that through my work, more people can see and feel the spirit of martial arts. Among my viewers, there are some younger friends. I hope that when they see this story as they grow up, it will plant the seeds of "chivalry" in their hearts.

Beijing News: The characters you portray often possess a strong sense of "chivalry." In your opinion, what is the core value of "chivalry" in today's era? Is it the "responsibility" you mentioned earlier, or, as some viewers have said, the courage to "do what is right even when it is impossible"?

Cheng Yi: I think that in modern times, "chivalry" is perhaps a personal choice everyone makes when faced with challenges. In such situations, having more courage, more confidence, more willingness to sacrifice, and more tolerance is my understanding of the "chivalrous spirit" of our time.

Beijing News: Some fans say you're a high-energy person because you're very active on set. You've mentioned before that you wanted to liven things up because everyone is tired from long hours of filming. Do you consider yourself to have high energy?

Cheng Yi: Everyone is probably high-energy when doing what they love. But I do find it difficult to focus from doing many things at the same time.

Beijing News: Many of the characters you've played before have a sense of "fragmentation" and "fate," or rather, "tragic fate." Do you have a particular preference for certain types of characters?

Cheng Yi: I've seen some viewers discuss how the characters I've played often end up with rather "bitter" fates. While their stories are heartbreaking, I don't think their hearts are truly bitter. These past characters all possess a certain resilience and purity. I don't have a strong preference for any particular character type. At different stages of my life, I consider choosing roles with different personalities and styles. This might be related to my state of mind when reading the script.

The most important thing is to insist on doing what you believe is right.

Beijing News: After playing these period drama roles, what do you think is your biggest growth?

Cheng Yi: Every time I play a character, I experience that person's life to the fullest. Life is about experiences. The more roles I play, the more my understanding of many things changes. I feel that I can learn something from each character that resonates deeply with me. For example, in Wang Quan Fugui's character, his rebellion against fate and the soldier's self-awakening inspire me to be more determined to follow my own path and find my own way through my own strength.

Cheng Yi maintains a low-profile lifestyle outside of acting and filming, rarely appearing in the public eye outside of his work. He frankly admits, "When the spotlight is off, I'm just an ordinary person."

Beijing News: What do you think of the comment that "Cheng Yi has a huge contrast between his on-screen and off-screen personas"? Do you think this "contrast" is a form of self-protection for an actor, or a deliberate choice? Do you enjoy this "detachment"?

Cheng Yi: I'm actually very grateful that the audience, while appreciating the characters, also projects their affection onto me as an actor. Although I carry the imprint of the characters, there are actually many differences between me and the characters in real life; this contrast objectively exists. Self-protection or a deliberate choice? Actually, neither. As an actor, on that stage, I have to bring that character to the audience. Once the spotlight is off, I'm just an ordinary person.

Beijing News: Whether it's your collaborators or the public's impression of you, you're always seen as someone who's extremely serious and dedicated to acting. In your opinion, is this almost "stubborn" seriousness an innate trait, or something that gradually developed through later experiences? Was there a specific turning point that solidified this attitude?

Cheng Yi: Perhaps I'm just naturally stubborn, and it's difficult for me to spare the energy to do many different things at the same time, so I just want to focus on doing the filming in front of me well. The turning point was probably as I got older and increasingly understood that sticking to what I believe is right, is the most important thing.

Beijing News: The filming schedule is intense and fast-paced. How do you manage the triangle of physical strength, emotions, and focus?

Cheng Yi: I think everyone experiences this level of work intensity. Besides the actors, the staff in other departments probably put in two or even three times more energy than the actors. The best way to manage physical strength is to rest, including focus. Get a good night's sleep.

I hope that when audiences mention me, the first thing they think of is happiness.

Beijing News: If acting is a way for actors to explore the world and themselves, what kind of destination do you hope to ultimately reach through your roles? Or, what do you hope that when audiences mention "actor Cheng Yi," the first thing they will think of?

Cheng Yi: To reach the place I want to go. Although I'm not clear about where I want to go right now, I know I've already set off and am still on the road. I will continue to play each role with my heart, and I hope that when audiences mention me, the first thing they will think of is happiness.

Beijing News: When you're not filming, what's your favorite way to "recharge"? Is it fishing, drinking tea, or do you have other "secret hideouts" or hobbies? How do these moments help you understand life and your characters?

Cheng Yi: I really enjoy walking. While walking, you discover many things in life that are often overlooked. Especially since I'm usually working on set, when I have free time, I spend time with my family, getting them active. When I'm out walking, I also like to observe the people on the street; I can find inspiration for my acting from them. Experiencing the details of life will definitely help with future roles.

Beijing News: Fans are very concerned about your back injury. When filming high-intensity action scenes like those in "Sword and Beloved," how did you find a balance between delivering a high-quality performance and protecting your body? Is there anything you'd like to say to reassure them?

Cheng Yi: Thank you for your concern. I will take good care of myself. Don't worry.

Beijing News: QiYiGuo (ChengYi fans) often say "Cheng Yi is worthed." If you were to say something to them besides "thank you," what would it be? Fans also call you an "electronic green plant" (means he has a healing power), and your words have given them a lot of positive energy. What do you want to say about this influence?

Cheng Yi: Thank you again. Thank you for watching my dramas and liking my characters. If you agree with some of my views on life, I hope that by standing on my perspective, you can also find a better and more suitable attitude towards life. I also hope to bring you more characters and happiness in the future.

Beijing News: Are there any types of roles you'd like to try right now? If you had a choice, would you prefer to play a charismatic, intelligent character or a tragic, fatalistic one?

Cheng Yi: Either is fine. The key is the script and what the story is like.

Quick Q&A

Q: In "Sword and Beloved", you drink "sweetened vegetable soup," and viewers joked that it's just like Cheng Yi's vegetable soup! Do you usually drink vegetable soup? You clearly love to eat, but you had to abstain from certain foods for filming. Do you ever indulge yourself?

Cheng Yi: Vegetable soup is really delicious! I drink it often, and I quite like it. After filming wraps up, I relax a bit and let myself eat more.

Q: If you were to hold a small salon, which behind-the-scenes creator would you most like to invite to discuss the drama?

Cheng Yi: Let's all come! Inviting just one isn't enough.

Q: Can you summarize "WangQuan Fugui" in three keywords?

Cheng Yi: Rebellious, powerful, kind.

Q: Having acted in so many dramas that require swords, is there a "sword" in this drama that you love the most?

Cheng Yi: The Wangquan Sword.

Q: You once said that acting is an art of regret. How do you resolve this regret?

Cheng Yi: By acting in the next one.

Q: Of all the characters you've played, who is most likely to become friends with Fugui?

Cheng Yi: Tang Zhou, I guess. Fugui is quiet, Tang Zhou is talkative. They complement each other.

Q: What type of contemporary role would you most like to challenge yourself with next?

Cheng Yi: Anything is fine!
8 3