Details

  • Last Online: 7 hours ago
  • Location: U.S.A.
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: July 3, 2023
Replying to Nauriya • Sep 26, 2023
2day 2 epsiodes coming?
I've read comments that said Epsiode 11 today, and Episode 12 next Monday.
0 0
Replying to Sageuk Lover • Sep 25, 2023
Queen Seon Deok has an intellectual female lead and an intellectual female villain. Of course in the earlier episodes…
Interesting! That's an older one, yes? Does it have a similar feel to this one?
0 1
Replying to Dolmaegi • Sep 24, 2023
Title My Lovely Boxer Spoiler
I’m on ep 2 and I’m so mad. why is he forcing her into this. she literally looks so sad and desperate she…
As others have said below (so, sorry to join the chorus!), try to keep watching. I felt similarly at first when I was started, but what helped me see past his stubborn invasion of her privacy and isolation was also remembering how desperate his situation is. That scene where he's retching on the floor of his apartment because he's so terrified his mom could die... that scene helped me see where he's coming from. And the best Kdramas take characters you like but can't fully root for and transform them slowly before your eyes to be characters deeply endeared to you. Tae Young is one of those characters. Also, he's kind of right that she will just continue to hide and live like a shadow if she doesn't eventually face her reality head on. He's aggressive and pushy but that's his jerk persona which hides compassion and care for those he works for, and he tenaciously fights for them once he's their agent. That becomes clear as the episodes progress.
0 0
Replying to moonchild • Sep 23, 2023
? Episode 10 isn't out yet.
There were apparently some sports games that aired and took over this drama's spot (I guess it's kind of ironic, haha), so it seems the drama will finish airing, not this coming week, but the Monday of the following week? That's what I read from comments below, but I haven't researched it myself.
0 1
Replying to jjlew • Sep 20, 2023
I appreciate final episode like this where I’m not still hanging on the edge of my seat knowing there’s 15…
Well, you could try "My Lovely Boxer"! A different feel from this drama but there are two more Mondays of that drama airing.😏 I started it last week (after getting a bit disappointed by last week's plot twist on this drama) and have really enjoyed it so far. Not as fluffy, but a tight script/story and very good acting. Not sure why it's not more popular!
1 1
Replying to renmilktoast • Sep 20, 2023
I'm assuming this drama was pre-produced, but maybe if it hadn't been, we could have hoped for an extra episode…
Nvm, I got my answer! For some reason some of the posts didn't show up on this thread at first and one of them I just now noticed said that episode 12 will air by itself in two weeks. πŸ˜”
4 1
Replying to Haru • Sep 20, 2023
Sep 25-26 EP: 10 and 11Oct 2 EP:12
Ack, that's sad. πŸ˜‘
0 0
Replying to renmilktoast • Sep 20, 2023
I'm assuming this drama was pre-produced, but maybe if it hadn't been, we could have hoped for an extra episode…
Do you know if they'll release all three episodes next week?
1 0
Replying to Dylan Rodrigues • Sep 19, 2023
you know you've become an adult when you're worried about a fictional lady's financial stability lol. But yeah,…
I imagine she'll marry Do Ha who will probably make plenty for the both of them. I think she's set. 😏
1 1
On My Lovely Liar • Sep 19, 2023
Very cute, fluffy episode. The aegyo embarrassment factor was quite high. You'll know it when you see it.

The Kopiko product placement moment was... oh dear. I had to fast forward it cause Min Hyun couldn't quite pull it off. And the way So Hyun held her fork... 😭 But I really shouldn't judge cause I can't use chopsticks to save my life (I've dubbed my perpetual struggle a case of "the chopsticks yips"). So, no judgment from me, So Hyun, it just made me giggle.

Min Hyun's OST was the nicest OST of the whole drama. πŸ‘
5 0
On My Lovely Boxer • Sep 19, 2023
Title My Lovely Boxer Spoiler
I'm waiting for pushy TY to return since he's still quite subdued this episode. But he's definitely out for blood now, and coming to the realization that humoring these thugs won't end. He's figuring out that he either has to allow himself to get dragged into their schemes or sucessfully expose them.
2 0
Replying to ROCKY • Sep 19, 2023
Title My Lovely Boxer Spoiler
How's romance between ML & FL so far??
It doesn't progress much in Episode 9. They're in the angsty phase. πŸ˜… They basically realize they miss each other, and that's it so far.
2 0
Replying to greenleaf5 • Sep 18, 2023
I think it’s just his belief that people should do what they’re good at. He stopped playing baseline because…
That's a great observation! I'll be intrigued to see if that's how things play out. :)
0 0
Replying to renmilktoast • Sep 18, 2023
Totally agree! I love that both leads are so layered and that neither the characters nor the relationship between…
Happy to share!
1 0
Replying to renmilktoast • Sep 18, 2023
Totally agree! I love that both leads are so layered and that neither the characters nor the relationship between…
And I'll stop now, haha, so I don't keep hijacking this comment section to discuss other dramas. 😬
1 2
Replying to renmilktoast • Sep 18, 2023
Totally agree! I love that both leads are so layered and that neither the characters nor the relationship between…
Oh, I didn't mind at all about the later reply! It's the weekend so I just happen to have more time. :) Yeah, no, even in the Korean version the only "abuse" really, is when the ML has his minions bully the FL at the beginning. And the only time the Korean ML is pushy with the FL in an uncomfortable way romantically (if I'm remembering correctly) is when he gives her an unwanted peck long before they ever become a thing because he's frustrated he can't control her feisty rebelliousness; that's definitely not cool. Oh, and one part when she saves him from drowning (he can't swim in the Korean version), he let's her do mouth to mouth even though he's fine and then laughs at her. But besides that, he's just a lose cannon with a temper and a first class, self-obsessed jerk, though he does soften considerably by the end of the Korean version, albeit with still a bit of a temper. πŸ˜‚ In the Thai version, the ML also has a much more endearing relationship with F4, which wasn't fleshed out nearly as satisfyingly in the Korean version. The ending is also way better in the Thai version; it was very satisfying. I wouldn't necessarily say it's more realistic, haha, but the script is much better. It's quite the rollercoaster, but yeah, maybe give it a shot and see what you think! I think it's a classic for a reason. I describe it to people as a much more dramatic Pride and Prejudice in high school with less mature leads. And it's finally on Viki now, or it was a month or so ago.
1 0
Replying to renmilktoast • Sep 17, 2023
Totally agree! I love that both leads are so layered and that neither the characters nor the relationship between…
That's fair; when I went into BOFs, I was intrigued by the way people described it since there were such scathing comments next to comments with "my favorite of all time." The first few episodes are hard to get through, but the ML is so interesting that it works somehow, though it does have problematic stuff (and the Korean version is way too long). I also see a story like BOFs (even to some extent all Kdramas; let's be real, these portrayals are just not realistic to most men) as pure fantasy. Abusive guys usually DON'T change, which makes Jun Pyo's progress not very realistic (his story is one of a spoiled child who suddenly has someone tell him "no." He doesn't know what to do with it but because he's not thoroughly self-obsessed, he's drawn to the person who tells him no, starts to reflect, and comes to realize how awful he's been). I liked the optimism of the story even though I know in real life it's rare (Jun Pyo feels a lot like Zuko in Avatar: the Last Airbender, if you've ever seen that kids show; their redemptive arcs are quite similar!). And I do think stories like BOF can reinforce fantasies about guys changing in relationships (even though in BOFmost of his growth happens before they date), which makes them controversial viewing, for sure. That said, I actually found the Thai version of BOF less toxic than the Korean version. The story is darker and grittier in terms of the bullying aspect, but the ML is written better (he is never sexually abusive whatsoever), and his progression from selfish bully brat to a person with compassion, care for those around him and self-awareness is pretty great to watch. I don't usually do Thai dramas, but I'd heard good things about this one and was pleasantly surprised.
1 5
Replying to Imagawa • Sep 17, 2023
Yeah. Just when she started to warm up and really care, he does this to her.It's pretty tiresome that kdrama couples…
Good to know! And a season 2 can be dangerous for a very hyped season 1 πŸ˜…
1 1
Replying to renmilktoast • Sep 17, 2023
Totally agree! I love that both leads are so layered and that neither the characters nor the relationship between…
Watching an abusive relationship that's being portrayed as romantic is definitely not my cup of tea. At least in dramas with toxic leads like Boys Over Flowers or King2Hearts, the ML improves and changes over time. That has to happen or I won't watch it.

Ah, I see, then maybe Start Up won't be your thing, haha.
1 7
Replying to Imagawa • Sep 17, 2023
Yeah. Just when she started to warm up and really care, he does this to her.It's pretty tiresome that kdrama couples…
That's a good point. Though I've rarely watched a drama 16 episodes or more, even when I've liked it, when I didn't think some content could have been removed. There are a few exceptions, but there are notoriously slow parts in episodes 12-15 of most 16 episode dramas ("It was great until the end!" is a common gripe I read).

I've been intrigued by Moving! I don't have Hulu so I'm waiting until I can watch it with a free trial. πŸ˜… And I don't like to use unofficial sites because the ads drive me nuts, and as a general rule I try to use legal platforms if what I want to watch is available on them. Waiting it out for dramas has worked for me most of the time. I also want to make sure it's worth the hype before I start it when it seems above average cause I don't want to be disappointed.
0 3