This was such an amazing watch, but the last episode was pretty disappointing in comparison. They crammed way…
Yes the Fang Lei arc was rather unnecessary for me too. Haochen went back to school, so it was implied that he moved back to his familiar room with former "parents" now "grandparents" since old CEO got out in good shape from hospital. It was not necessary to dwell on that. The lawyers and accountant and villains got expedited, and if I too find the windmill and prairie love of Xu Yan's sister a bit tacky there, what I liked was the exchange of the business contracts showing the couple on equal footing at the top! So I won't begrudge the drama any point, I stayed on till end, happy with many details, with acting, might even come back to re-watch someday, if not too busy with else!
My gosh Zhao Lu Si ... just looks gorgeous..❤️( currently on Episode 2 )(No need to mention her amazing acting…
Yes, I saw a couple or more dramas with William Chan, but was not so happy about him either then (Novoland Pearl Eclipse, A Date With the Future...) but this CEO role was a good fit for him. Don't really imagine who could have been better in this role.
I love this creative edits. I would have love to have seen this in a special episode...https://x.com/M_ommyBear/status/1977708268630761796
such possibility did cross my mind after watching the naked foot emerge from the bed covers :) it would be nice for Haochen to get a baby sister on top of a pair of steadfast parents whom he'll never have to doubt because culture is stronger than nature!
yes, endings, even good ones, always leave some bittersweet feeling... Love's Ambition still earned over 600 points (good week) last week, according to Marcus' Sunday report.
well, there are a load of other dramas airing now or soon, although for new ones from Rosy, we'll have to re-watch until the truncated or finished version of Almost Lover might surface... I am optimistic that she will not totally bury her chosen career. In between, perhaps she'll be singing: her voice, guzheng playing, and dancing are rather pleasant, and she could do music shows together with Liu Yuning again, perhaps ? I'm sure she will continue to wow us!
Synopsis: From a young age, Gan Tang's father used her as an exhibit for the amusement of the four great families' patriarchs. Fed up with being trapped in a display, she jumped from the windowsill, and unexpectedly became entangled with a man whom she first thought was her sister's fiancé Liang Ze. Seeking revenge against the Gan family, who had tortured her and her mother, Gan Tang used herself as bait, using Liang Hanzheng, the young master of Xiangshan'ao, to achieve her goals. He played along, after finding that she was the kid 'Piano Lady' whom had vanished from his world with no explanation. Liang Hanzheng's unwavering obedience and loyalty gradually made Gan Tang fall in love with him.
I finally reached an episode where Haoming takes off his mask and all I can say is I HATE THIS DUDE he deserves…
oh yes, THAT episode... He was delightfully hateful. and villainous!! But that was also exaggerated backlash. In fact he'll swiftly find out he can't live without his wife. So he will have to make amends and that's not going to be easy after such fragmentation bomb explosion he used. But of course it will be easier to overcome than geopolitical strife, because Xu Yan for all she is aloof after having handed over the divorce paper to sign, and received that bombshell phrase he used square in the jaw, can't help blaming herself for the false start, and remains secretly attached to Haoming. She will not beat his head away when at some point it will land on her shoulder. They'll be reluctant "friends", and "business partners", to start with, since after the clash they'll have no more dirty and embarrassing secrets to expose. growing again like agave plants in deserts and nutrient-poor soil.
Oh boy, I was captivated by the first episode, which started with a hopeful sound. I suppose the plot of the drama…
There and ups and downs in the plot, but it is not to my mind a depressing drama. Our heroine is like the actress, a privately spunky girl who will overcome hurdles after a ... false start 😂
This was supposed to end on October 10, but now they're releasing only one episode per day.
Well I am also eager to know what's going to happen next (but not trying to figure out with teasers), but I also have a backlog of watching other dramas I started, so pausing for a couple of days before getting back to binge if necessary will not make me angry or too frustrated. Besides, I have only rated episodes till 14 so will perhaps go back to slowly re watch and add my two-cents 😂
Gosh that sucks. When did they use the map in question?🙈
Hmm I did not notice that detail in ep.16. Hawk-eyed netizens indeed. Stupid for production to have put that offending map in, since there was no link with contents. Ah well, difficult to remedy now except censoring away a micro-snippet of the episode? There are also issues about some copyrighted stuff that got used without getting proper authorization, but that has been settled now for some copyright holders with proper money compensation and they are happy enough to mention the dispute had nothing to do with cast, so wishing all to enjoy the show at ease now...
Oh here's a note on the comedy cosplayPlan A - Barbie and KenPan B- Edward and Bella were just imagination and…
Can't believe people actually thought these funny outfits were more than brainstorming fantasy! The Barbie outfit was directly linked to the then trendy movie from 2023, and as for Twilight, I smiled because this was already "old hat". I mean, I read these books together with the spinoff Forty Shades of Grey back in the early 2010s because the first (Twilight) series was being discussed by school librarians and sufficiently famous already to be sold in book form in some bookstores, in the English original, in Beijing! So, I read them for info (I am an old sf & fantasy lover, so know all about vampires since the Polidori story, Carmilla, Dracula, and the various movies from Nosferatu and Vampyr from the B&W mute era all the way to Buffy series on TV...). No way these outfits could make it into cosplay to charm a Russian-Chinese couple: these were just a fun appetizer wink to audience, before the Mrs & Mr Smith like cooperation (less gunfire fun) next. There are many funny subtext references in this drama, I may not have caught on to them all, already amused by some product placement like the Heineken beer. Well, that's c-drama: they need investment so some of it comes with embedded viral ads like that. Wondering if they got some revenue from the Hollywood studios, to keep up awareness about the already old 2015 Twilight movie, or if the Love's Ambition production had money to splurge for that actually unnecessary although fun filler.
The lawyers and accountant and villains got expedited, and if I too find the windmill and prairie love of Xu Yan's sister a bit tacky there, what I liked was the exchange of the business contracts showing the couple on equal footing at the top!
So I won't begrudge the drama any point, I stayed on till end, happy with many details, with acting, might even come back to re-watch someday, if not too busy with else!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnX7vNuoXDw
ML: Du Peiyuan / 杜培源
FL: Yu Jialin / 喻嘉琳
Released: 01/09/2025
Episodes: 72
Synopsis: From a young age, Gan Tang's father used her as an exhibit for the amusement of the four great families' patriarchs. Fed up with being trapped in a display, she jumped from the windowsill, and unexpectedly became entangled with a man whom she first thought was her sister's fiancé Liang Ze. Seeking revenge against the Gan family, who had tortured her and her mother, Gan Tang used herself as bait, using Liang Hanzheng, the young master of Xiangshan'ao, to achieve her goals. He played along, after finding that she was the kid 'Piano Lady' whom had vanished from his world with no explanation. Liang Hanzheng's unwavering obedience and loyalty gradually made Gan Tang fall in love with him.
But that was also exaggerated backlash. In fact he'll swiftly find out he can't live without his wife.
So he will have to make amends and that's not going to be easy after such fragmentation bomb explosion he used.
But of course it will be easier to overcome than geopolitical strife, because Xu Yan for all she is aloof after having handed over the divorce paper to sign, and received that bombshell phrase he used square in the jaw, can't help blaming herself for the false start, and remains secretly attached to Haoming. She will not beat his head away when at some point it will land on her shoulder. They'll be reluctant "friends", and "business partners", to start with, since after the clash they'll have no more dirty and embarrassing secrets to expose. growing again like agave plants in deserts and nutrient-poor soil.
Besides, I have only rated episodes till 14 so will perhaps go back to slowly re watch and add my two-cents 😂
There are also issues about some copyrighted stuff that got used without getting proper authorization, but that has been settled now for some copyright holders with proper money compensation and they are happy enough to mention the dispute had nothing to do with cast, so wishing all to enjoy the show at ease now...
I mean, I read these books together with the spinoff Forty Shades of Grey back in the early 2010s because the first (Twilight) series was being discussed by school librarians and sufficiently famous already to be sold in book form in some bookstores, in the English original, in Beijing! So, I read them for info (I am an old sf & fantasy lover, so know all about vampires since the Polidori story, Carmilla, Dracula, and the various movies from Nosferatu and Vampyr from the B&W mute era all the way to Buffy series on TV...).
No way these outfits could make it into cosplay to charm a Russian-Chinese couple: these were just a fun appetizer wink to audience, before the Mrs & Mr Smith like cooperation (less gunfire fun) next.
There are many funny subtext references in this drama, I may not have caught on to them all, already amused by some product placement like the Heineken beer. Well, that's c-drama: they need investment so some of it comes with embedded viral ads like that. Wondering if they got some revenue from the Hollywood studios, to keep up awareness about the already old 2015 Twilight movie, or if the Love's Ambition production had money to splurge for that actually unnecessary although fun filler.