I loved King the Land as a cheesy romcom but I know it wasn't everyone's taste. Highly recommend Just Between…
Also recommend Yoo Ah In's movie 'The Throne/Sado' before TRS watch. It definitely adds flavor to TRS if you watch the movie before the drama. You will feel the heavy burden of the young kid who had to live filling up the expectations of those around you.
Your comment is exactly how I feel about the drama. The drama base is Family/ Slice of Life which does not mix…
My separate appreciation for Lee Junho Acting. Man, I haven't known him for that long. For 4 years since 'The Red Sleeve' aka Lee Junho's Baeksang winning piece.
He has a tendency to choose 'Works' that reflects 'Life' of a character.
In his leading debut piece 'Just Between Lovers/Rain or Shine' the struggles of a Youth who has to face the unfortunate aftermath of an accident and finding his light again.
In his Baeksang winning piece 'The Red Sleeve' a Crown Prince whose father was a dethroned traitor. A man who had to bear the weight of Crown from his birth to death.
In 'Typhoon Family', from a free spirited Orange Tribe youth to a CEO who has to bear hopes of his employees .
Lee Junho can always deliver 'subtle changes that are happening in these characters over span of dramas' through his acting, I love his acting in TRS so much. In TF, I am seeing it again. I am glad to witness this, his masterclass acting.
Despite its highs and lows, I think the drama as a whole turned out pretty well. I really liked it as a slice…
Your comment is exactly how I feel about the drama. The drama base is Family/ Slice of Life which does not mix well with Pyo Makjang drama. Pyo son is extremely taking his screentime in every celebratory moments of 'Typhoon Family' team, ruining the mood.
I do not change my opinion after final. This drama would be pretty much better than it is now ,with reducing PHJ screen time. PHJ Vs KTP should be the rival teams at final showdown,but they inserted PHJ in every single business they did, reducing the anticipation & tension at final showdown.
I have to compare this to 'Football and give an Analogy. If it were the same TWO teams which meet at 'Round of 16,Quarter,Semi, Final', normal big portion of audience who are supposed to see 'Finals' would not see 'Finals' because of exhaustion or they might see 'Finals' after skipping all the competitions before. Story writing extremely relying on a villain who beats down main character & creating conflicts , it is like old K dramas/ Daily Soap opera style.
And the drama saving grace & real heart lies in 'Typhoon Family' members, Kang family, Oh Family & Wang family.
Do I love the show ? I like the core of the show,but can't help thinking that I would love more if it less relied on an annoying villain at every turn.
..,.......... Acting team should be given the most scores out of the credit. Directing -I love 90 style , I do notice some abrupt changing of scenes with different moods in later parts of series. But it is minor. Overall, it is good. Music - overall 8-9 Story telling - Slice of Life -A , Antagonist-F . Take the middle score.
My watching experience and my view If they reduce PHJ screentime a lot, this drama will be pretty much better…
It has the cutest non-cliche love stories between lead couples and Miho+Nammo couples and best family relationships. It had the potential to be one of the best coming of age dramas, but kinda sad to see turning into an average forgettable K drama that comes & goes among sea of K dramas.
My watching experience and my view If they reduce PHJ screentime a lot, this drama will be pretty much better than it is now . Shoe Park Arc>> They should have ended with Loan shark problem Thailand Arc >> They should have toned down GMJ character. Rather than going to prison & overdramatic photo developing plot line & court session, they should have a trading competition at Thailand heiress group with other trading competitors. It will be much better experience for the trading team with the same result. Surgical glove arc >> They should have ended with winning trade deal And the remaining issues should be put into final showdown arc.
Now the cycles of Win >> Loss>> Small win. It is repeated in a lot of arcs & it isn't certainly enjoyable experience for a lot of viewers. It is the prime example of overusing & depending on a cliche villain & losing its plot. Arson, murder are overly dramatic and like watching early 2000 K drama Makjang plots & daily soap opera dramas than watching prime time slice of life drama.
In spite of their loss. the drama has not lost its charm till ep 7, from episode 8 Thailand Arc. it is definitely losing its business plot. But still, its draw (from the remaining viewers) come from characters . The Kang Family, Oh Family, Nammo & some Typhoon company members are worth 'Tuning in' for the remaining episodes. How much I wish the writer focused on her charming part of story than a cliche villain like PHJ. My wish literally, unfulfilled.
Based on how the drama has progressed so far, they probably need at least 100+ episodes to grow Typhoon trading…
But from production perspective, I doubt they can pay 50 episodes salary to a prime time actor and also, a prime time actor has time for 50 episodes drama these days?
Reality is bitter like every loss of Typhoon Company. (pun intended).
Episode 13 & 14 are pretty good if you are still following the drama. Episode 13- can be heartbreaking but I watched it 3 times already for Junho's performance alone ( TP & HJ scene, TP & Mr Pyo scene. Pub scene. Confrontation scene between TP & CST)
Love line greatly advanced in episode 13, & 14 , no more longing & one sided affection. It is openly flirting & dating.
Hakuna Matata -don't worry for final. We have come this far. Enjoy this week's episodes.
to all the posters below - i have no issues with JunHo's acting here, I love his dance moves, that safety shoes…
We don't know whether Junho's taking a trip or not, having a girlfriend or not in his free time. We are fans, neither saesangs nor his personal manager.
No Junho fan is pulling his leg from his beloved Hawaii trip [for your information,he is crazy for Hawaii,not Safari] for selfish personal interest of having another drama or a concert. But taking a vacation or not, Junho is going to decide by himself,not by us. But if Lee Junho is going to work, he will do so with uttermost passion.
I think the last two episodes may be BSJ dad episode aka CCTV company bankruptcy. .. another meet with Pyo Trading. . Typhoon crew found P.note or Pyo senior body. Whatever it is, Pyo Jr gonna be sent to Jail. They happily contact Thai heirness and sell CCTV. The End.
Most Junho fans want to see Junho's good acting more than how great Junho is . We know how great Junho is as a human, a good friend to his colleagues and friends as well as a good family member to his parents and his older sister's family. So, it it were, it would be a wrong way of promotion.
And I read that, the writer was really happy to see Junho accepted the role because Junho is an actor who can act as a person with all the qualities of her character. So it is not due to Lee Junho. But the character is already like that because lately, green forest characters are popular.
Personally I am anti-green. Green are boring. I love Complex characters, characters in Grey Zone.
This drama writer should focus on Real Slice of Life as her next drama.
Because as much as her main characters are well written but the business aspect is totally a makjang. Like watching a drama mixed between two unsual genres .
A slice of life and a makjang, This is why I am having a weird Love-Hate relationship with the drama.
And I love her odd number episodes more than even number episodes . Even number episodes always bring back my bipolar love towards this drama.
Pyo HJ is a psychopath. Leaving a head injury patient alone in that condition and told him he would take him back…
Another thing that reminds me in this episode is actual physical pain in writing long ass messages with a Keypad ph0️⃣1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣5️⃣6️⃣7️⃣8️⃣9️⃣🔟🔢#️⃣. If you lost the message during typing, another pain. 💢
I am going to enjoy the rest of 'Typhoon Family' episodes without focusing on numbers . I gonna enjoy characters & their lives as well as my actor bias acting. Personally, I still like this series though I hate some of the 'Writing Choices' .
Because if I focus on numbers, the dissatisfaction on the writing creeps in & takes over, which in turn ruins my mood /my enjoyment.
I keep thinking of Bon Apettit My Majesty - the ML actor was so energetic. It seems like h was stoked he got a…
Lol ! you said you didn't follow the actor & what nonsense are you spewing based on which facts? He is an actor with dedicated mindset. Since his debut as a supporting actor in Chungmuro with 'Cold Eyes' 'Memories of the Sword' ,there was nothing but praises everywhere from senior actors.
And what exactly are you saying here? This is a personal attack...downgrading one actor who doesn't deserve it, just to elevate ‘your actor,’ nothing more.
And weren’t your BAYM worshippers satisfied yet with one korean drama fan page(who claimed a big BAYM Fan) publicly bullying Typhoon Family and trying to cancel it based on their baseless assumption? If you want to worship your drama, do it on your page.
In this episode, Kang Taepoong comes back as a titular character.
And Junho acting in episode 13 reminds me why 'this man literally swept 2021-2022 Acting Awards'. Of course, he has already been recognized. It won't be his another breakout role. But it is satisfying to watch & feel 'these acting moments' alive on screen AGAIN.
He has a tendency to choose 'Works' that reflects 'Life' of a character.
In his leading debut piece 'Just Between Lovers/Rain or Shine' the struggles of a Youth who has to face the unfortunate aftermath of an accident and finding his light again.
In his Baeksang winning piece 'The Red Sleeve' a Crown Prince whose father was a dethroned traitor. A man who had to bear the weight of Crown from his birth to death.
In 'Typhoon Family', from a free spirited Orange Tribe youth to a CEO who has to bear hopes of his employees .
Lee Junho can always deliver 'subtle changes that are happening in these characters over span of dramas' through his acting,
I love his acting in TRS so much. In TF, I am seeing it again. I am glad to witness this, his masterclass acting.
The drama base is Family/ Slice of Life which does not mix well with Pyo Makjang drama. Pyo son is extremely taking his screentime in every celebratory moments of 'Typhoon Family' team, ruining the mood.
I do not change my opinion after final. This drama would be pretty much better than it is now ,with reducing PHJ screen time.
PHJ Vs KTP should be the rival teams at final showdown,but they inserted PHJ in every single business they did, reducing the anticipation & tension at final showdown.
I have to compare this to 'Football and give an Analogy. If it were the same TWO teams which meet at 'Round of 16,Quarter,Semi, Final', normal big portion of audience who are supposed to see 'Finals' would not see 'Finals' because of exhaustion or they might see 'Finals' after skipping all the competitions before.
Story writing extremely relying on a villain who beats down main character & creating conflicts , it is like old K dramas/ Daily Soap opera style.
And the drama saving grace & real heart lies in 'Typhoon Family' members, Kang family, Oh Family & Wang family.
Do I love the show ? I like the core of the show,but can't help thinking that I would love more if it less relied on an annoying villain at every turn.
..,..........
Acting team should be given the most scores out of the credit.
Directing -I love 90 style , I do notice some abrupt changing of scenes with different moods in later parts of series. But it is minor. Overall, it is good.
Music - overall 8-9
Story telling - Slice of Life -A , Antagonist-F . Take the middle score.
Final score -8/10
My final review
If they reduce PHJ screentime a lot, this drama will be pretty much better than it is now .
Shoe Park Arc>> They should have ended with Loan shark problem
Thailand Arc >> They should have toned down GMJ character. Rather than going to prison & overdramatic photo developing plot line & court session, they should have a trading competition at Thailand heiress group with other trading competitors. It will be much better experience for the trading team with the same result.
Surgical glove arc >> They should have ended with winning trade deal
And the remaining issues should be put into final showdown arc.
Now the cycles of Win >> Loss>> Small win. It is repeated in a lot of arcs & it isn't certainly enjoyable experience for a lot of viewers. It is the prime example of overusing & depending on a cliche villain & losing its plot. Arson, murder are overly dramatic and like watching early 2000 K drama Makjang plots & daily soap opera dramas than watching prime time slice of life drama.
In spite of their loss. the drama has not lost its charm till ep 7, from episode 8 Thailand Arc. it is definitely losing its business plot. But still, its draw (from the remaining viewers) come from characters . The Kang Family, Oh Family, Nammo & some Typhoon company members are worth 'Tuning in' for the remaining episodes. How much I wish the writer focused on her charming part of story than a cliche villain like PHJ. My wish literally, unfulfilled.
Reality is bitter like every loss of Typhoon Company. (pun intended).
Episode 13- can be heartbreaking but I watched it 3 times already for Junho's performance alone ( TP & HJ scene, TP & Mr Pyo scene. Pub scene. Confrontation scene between TP & CST)
Love line greatly advanced in episode 13, & 14 , no more longing & one sided affection. It is openly flirting & dating.
Hakuna Matata -don't worry for final. We have come this far. Enjoy this week's episodes.
No Junho fan is pulling his leg from his beloved Hawaii trip [for your information,he is crazy for Hawaii,not Safari] for selfish personal interest of having another drama or a concert. But taking a vacation or not, Junho is going to decide by himself,not by us.
But if Lee Junho is going to work, he will do so with uttermost passion.
The End.
We know how great Junho is as a human, a good friend to his colleagues and friends as well as a good family member to his parents and his older sister's family.
So, it it were, it would be a wrong way of promotion.
And I read that, the writer was really happy to see Junho accepted the role because Junho is an actor who can act as a person with all the qualities of her character. So it is not due to Lee Junho. But the character is already like that because lately, green forest characters are popular.
Personally I am anti-green. Green are boring. I love Complex characters, characters in Grey Zone.
Because as much as her main characters are well written but the business aspect is totally a makjang. Like watching a drama mixed between two unsual genres .
A slice of life and a makjang, This is why I am having a weird Love-Hate relationship with the drama.
And I love her odd number episodes more than even number episodes . Even number episodes always bring back my bipolar love towards this drama.
He has that tendency. It is surprising he hasn't killed random people on the road yet.
Personally, I still like this series though I hate some of the 'Writing Choices' .
Because if I focus on numbers, the dissatisfaction on the writing creeps in & takes over, which in turn ruins my mood /my enjoyment.
He is an actor with dedicated mindset. Since his debut as a supporting actor in Chungmuro with 'Cold Eyes' 'Memories of the Sword' ,there was nothing but praises everywhere from senior actors.
For 'Typhoon Family'
Junho was the one who personally taught Orange tribe crews how to dance
>> https://youtu.be/bcp7HxKA8Do?si=EtRPL4U3kOw780aC
He shot 'Shoe Park Commercial scenes' by himself without a stunt double
>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cnTH5n3vX3PYWNNE-K114otQSPJTEmwI/view?usp=drivesdk
For this project alone, there are a lot of articles on Lee Junho's great acting. This is the article for last night's episode
>> https://m.entertain.naver.com/home/article/109/0005435749
And what exactly are you saying here? This is a personal attack...downgrading one actor who doesn't deserve it, just to elevate ‘your actor,’ nothing more.
And weren’t your BAYM worshippers satisfied yet with one korean drama fan page(who claimed a big BAYM Fan) publicly bullying Typhoon Family and trying to cancel it based on their baseless assumption? If you want to worship your drama, do it on your page.
Of course, he has already been recognized. It won't be his another breakout role. But it is satisfying to watch & feel 'these acting moments' alive on screen AGAIN.