Details

  • Last Online: 12 hours ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: August 22, 2024
Completed
High School Frenemy
2 people found this review helpful
Feb 8, 2025
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.5
Story 6.5
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 2.5
Ok, the ratings were too much exaggerated, the starting episodes were repetitive and same plot was overused.
But I thought that.. since the ratings are so high there must be a good reason, well..the later half of the episodes
(ep 9-16) Were better in comparison.
But I still think that the ratings were exaggerated (⁠ ̄⁠ヘ⁠ ̄⁠;⁠)

About acting skills, I really liked shin' character, acting and persona . Other actors also did a good job.

the drama was bl minus kissing because in every episode shin and saint would act like a couple and name it as friendship. In every episode they would say cheesy lines and I love yous but
as 'friends'. The only reason I started to watch the drama was due to its bromantic bl...( I know there is no word like that, but it's suitable for this drama→⁠_⁠→) And well...it was delivered, that and the character growth of the other side characters in later episodes was the only reason I finished the drama.
The drama was overall a good one but still not deserving the 8.9 ratings

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Twinkling Watermelon
0 people found this review helpful
17 days ago
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.5
Story 8.5
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 6.0
This review may contain spoilers

Twinkling Watermelon: The Ending without the Epilogue Felt More Meaningful

A very good drama with a few hiccups in between.

I dropped the drama half way through after the entry of se gyeon' daughter around the episode 9, but I am glad I picked it up later, as it was amazing drama.

I really liked the whole drama except epilogue, the plot was well thought out, the character growth of all characters was very good, i laughed and cried with them through the whole journey. Though I didn't much like the character of se gyeon' daughter (on eun you) who also came to past. But her character growth in the end was also good but it felt like came too late. My favourite ones where grandma, ha eun ho, ha eun gyeoul, ha yichan, yun cheung a.

Now why I don't like epilogue:

For me, the real ending was when Ha Eun-gyeol decided to return to his time and accepted that, although he couldn't change everything, he had still made a difference. Most importantly, he realized that Ha Yi-chan's accident wasn't his fault. For me, that was the ending. it felt like a meaningful conclusion to his journey.

That scene felt far more meaningful than the later part of the episode.
My main problem is the future Eun-gyeol returns to. His family is suddenly wealthy, he is the grandson of a chaebol family, and he is part of a famous pop group. It doesn't feel like he returned to his own life, but to a completely different one.

This becomes confusing if we consider two versions of Eun-gyeol: Eun-gyeol A and Eun-gyeol B.

Eun-gyeol A is the one we followed throughout the drama. He grew up in the original timeline, experienced his family's struggles, traveled to the past, and returned with those memories.
After the timeline changed, Eun-gyeol B should logically exist. He would have grown up in completely different circumstances, with different relationships, experiences, and memories. He would not have lived through the hardships or shared the same relationship with his father as Eun-gyeol A.

Yet when Eun-gyeol A returns, the drama presents this entirely different life as though it were simply his own future.
So where is Eun-gyeol B?
Even if the original timeline was rewritten rather than replaced by another universe, the problem remains. Eun-gyeol A has none of the memories of the life this new version supposedly lived, while everyone around him remembers that version of him.

What happened to everything Eun-gyeol A experienced—the hardships, conflicts with his father, and lessons from the past? The people in this changed future don't know the burdens he carried or the things he learned.
That is why I preferred the ending before the epilogue.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?