Details

  • Last Online: 26 minutes ago
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: March 4, 2024
Replying to Sanoya • 37 minutes ago
Well, for starters, they were previously betrothed at a young age, and his family called it off, which was really,…
I think you’re arguing against a point I’m not making. 😅 I know this isn’t a romance-centric drama, and I actually appreciate that Lanxiang’s story, survival, and rebuilding are the priority. I’m not asking for a “quick-build-up romance” or expecting her to suddenly fall in love with Jingqi.

I’m questioning the writers’ handling of the romantic subplot as you pointed out. Romance can be secondary and still have meaningful character development. Years has passed since their marriage, and Lanxiang has developed a deep level of trust and companionship with Jingqi. She wants a harmonious relationship with him, trusts him with her life, and has even been willing to face death alongside him. She has also moved forward in other aspects of her life rather than remaining defined by what happened to her.

So my question is simply: if the writers are eventually taking these two toward romance, why keep Lanxiang's emotional development toward him almost completely frozen (based on trailer from ep 37) when so much else about her has evolved?

And no, I’m not watching this asking, “When will she fuck him?” 😂 That reduces what I’m actually discussing. I’m asking whether the romantic subplot feels organically slow-burn or deliberately delayed. Those are two very different things.
0 0
Replying to Sanoya • 2 hours ago
Well, for starters, they were previously betrothed at a young age, and his family called it off, which was really,…
Oh, I agree—Lanxiang doesn’t owe him love. 😅 But I’m critiquing the story, not putting Lanxiang on trial for her feelings. My question is simply: if the writers spent this much time building the foundation, why are they keeping the house empty? 😂
0 2
Replying to Quiet Moth • 7 hours ago
I’m getting annoyed. 😭The ML and FL have already gone through multiple life-and-death situations together.…
I think we’re looking at two different things. I’m not saying Lanxiang *owes* Jin Qi forgiveness or romance—she absolutely doesn’t. I’m questioning the writers’ choice to keep her emotionally distant after everything they’ve shown us.

More than a year has passed. She trusts him with her life, wants a harmonious relationship with him, understands his remorse, and has even been willing to face death alongside him. She has also consciously chosen to live rather than remain defined by her family’s tragedy.

So I’m not asking for her to suddenly become lovey-dovey. I’m asking why her emotional development toward him seems so much slower than her development in every other part of the story. That’s what makes the romance feel artificially delayed to me.
0 0
Replying to Sanoya • 7 hours ago
Well, for starters, they were previously betrothed at a young age, and his family called it off, which was really,…
I don’t want her to suddenly fall in love just to advance the plot. I just want the romance to develop naturally alongside the character development we’re already seeing. That’s what I’m questioning. 😅
0 4
Replying to jcg • 7 hours ago
Remember, we are seeing the ML through the lens of the audience, not her. She sees what her character is exposed…
Our heroine clearly wants a harmonious relationship with her husband, trusts him with her life, and has even been willing to die alongside him. I’m not asking the writers to erase her trauma or make her fall in love overnight. I just think wanting a genuinely harmonious marriage while maintaining such a strong emotional wall against romance feels contradictory after everything they’ve experienced together.
She can prioritize survival and gradually develop romantic feelings. Those things don’t have to cancel each other out. 😅
0 0
Replying to Mystic_Gold • 7 hours ago
The reason why Jin Qi treats others so well is because he is a genuinely good person, but his problem is that…
I agree that what Jin Qi did in the beginning was wrong, especially given the difference in their social standing. I’m not arguing that Lanxiang should have immediately forgiven him.

But we’ve also seen his guilt and self-awareness, especially when Lanxiang confronted him about taking away her choice. That conversation happened a long time ago in the story, and it’s been more than a year since their marriage. Since then, we’ve seen him consistently treat her with respect, value her capabilities, kind and respecful towards her parentss and even be willing to let her choose someone else.

That’s why my frustration isn’t really about whether she should forgive him. It’s that the Lanxiang we’ve seen develop seems capable of recognizing that people can change and that circumstances can evolve. I’m just curious when her feelings will catch up with everything that has happened since
0 1
Replying to grapejuice • 7 hours ago
She had a plan for herself before she was married. And now she's still having a chance to pursue it and even widen…
Maybe the waiting really will make the moment better. I just hope the payoff feels earned rather than simply delayed for the sake of dragging the romance. 😆
0 0
Replying to haloum • 7 hours ago
Would you easily "forgive" a man who forced you to marry him? She lived for so long as a slave and right…
I completely understand that. What he did was wrong, and I’m not saying Lanxiang should just forget how their marriage began.

My frustration is more about the character development and timeline. More than a year has passed, and they’ve survived so many life-and-death situations together. She knows who he is now—dependable, considerate, respectful of her abilities, and even willing to let her choose another man. Lanxiang herself has also clearly learned to look forward rather than remain trapped in the past.

She even said she has no romantic feelings for Scholar Han, so I’m struggling to understand what the writers are waiting for. 😭 I don’t need her to suddenly fall in love with him, but at this point, her continued coldness feels less like unresolved trauma and more like the writers deliberately delaying a romance that Lanxiang’s character development has already made believable.
0 0
On Against the Current • 16 hours ago
I’m getting annoyed. 😭

The ML and FL have already gone through multiple life-and-death situations together. He was her betrothed and is now her husband. She has seen firsthand how responsible, dependable, and considerate he is. He’s kind to others, deeply loved and respected by his siblings and cousins, and he has always treated her parents with kindness. He was even willing to let her remarry his rival, and he genuinely respects her intelligence and is proud of what she is capable of.

So I honestly don’t understand why Lanxiang is still so cold and distant toward her husband.

It’s not like she’s still stuck in the past. Her character has clearly moved forward. I’m not saying she has completely healed or forgotten what happened to her clan, but she’s someone who sees the bigger picture and is determined to live well despite everything she has lost. Her motivations now are clear: find the burial place of her family and the realo Xu Lanxiang.

Which is why this emotional distance toward the ML feels increasingly frustrating. She trusts him in life-or-death situations, respects his abilities, and clearly recognizes what kind of person he is—so what exactly are we waiting for? 😂

I’m not asking for a sudden romance or for her to forget her past. I just want her feelings and actions toward him to catch up with all the character development we’ve already seen. They are not newly married couple. It's been years already by ep 36.

At this point, are we really going to wait until episode 40-something for these two to finally act like husband and wife? 😭
6 17
Replying to rayabend • 2 days ago
Why do people on this page keep forgetting that the Shen family’s downfall was never because of the Lin family,…
Also, two years had passed from the time Grandpa Lin mysteriously resigned to the downfall of the Shen family. Surely, within that period, Grandpa Shen had come to understand what had befallen them, yet he chose not to act and instead accepted his fate.
2 1
Replying to kechu • 5 days ago
I guess people keep forgetting a reward like that from the emperor is very very rare. He never had a plan where…
Agree. We already saw in the earlier episode how decisive he was when it came to divorcing his first wife, and that was something he had carefully planned. So when an unexpected opportunity arose for him to marry the person he had fallen for, I don’t think he was the type to let it pass or hesitate over it. From his perspective, this was probably a once-in-a-lifetime chance, and he acted on it without thinking twice.
For that, I really appreciate the writer for staying true to who Lin Jinqi is as a character/person. I think he’s the complete opposite of a modern man—polite and proper on the surface, but not exactly devoted or self-sacrificing underneath.
4 0
Replying to Quiet Moth • 6 days ago
Same, can anyone tell me when it will be unlocked? Purchased vip, I didn't know also need to pay for express.…
I tried paying for the express, getting payment error.😭🤣
0 1
Replying to ChineseDramaFan • 6 days ago
have you guys watched epi 26 already? i'm still waiting :(
Same, can anyone tell me when it will be unlocked? Purchased vip, I didn't know also need to pay for express. 😭
0 3
Replying to Good Grief • 10 days ago
I am watching this on kisskh and takes many hours between the two episodes to be shown on kisskh. Does anyone…
i wanna know too
1 1
Replying to Vincytvholic • 11 days ago
Ugh, I am hesitant to get express despite craving more since I can only watch it on my little phone screen. What…
If you love The Sword and the Brocade, I'm sure you'd also appreciate the following: Are you the One, Blossoms in Adversity and Blossom. :)
2 1
On Against the Current • 12 days ago
Yes, Lanxiang! Show them what you’re capable of!!
It’s been a long time since I’ve enjoyed a heroine this much. I love how intelligent, witty, and clever Lanxiang is, but at the same time, she feels so human. I can actually relate to her struggles, which makes me root for her even more.
I’m so excited to see Lanxiang and her family finally earn their freedom and become commoners. And I especially hope she can help her fellow servants find their own purpose and a better life too.
I’m rooting for you, Lanxiang! Go show them what you’re made of!
8 0
Replying to eli • Aug 12, 2025
i liked this show from the beginning but the latest episodes are definitely on a whole other level, i was crying…
Hi, can you tell me where can i watch episode 17? Thank you so much!
0 3