Thank goodness thats over. I’m exhausted. Seriously the stupidest script between leads I have ever seen. Yep these two are cute together but that was sooooo dragged out u will be pulling your hair out. Hong sisters are dreadful writers!
If they hadn’t spent so long on the stupid back anc forth with those leads the drama would have been awesome.
we would have got:
faster relationship progression (same plot would be fine) more couple time future story a couple yrs later would have been satisfying here mayors conclusion
and what was the deal with the man that knows everything and pops up everywhere 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Great acting by all, though the leads were helped along by a superb OST for most of their scenes that really helped ignite the chemistry that was needed here, especially for so many episodes in the beginning. The one drawback for this show is the exhausting number of tedious business scenes. So I skipped a lot of those. Needed more of the leads during the first half there lives seem to run so parallel but hardly meeting and we needed that. Great couple in the end, mature and wholesome show.
Never even knew there was an original or that this was a remake so it looks like from other reviews I held an advantage! Absolutely incredible acting from Beenie and Hyoseop. Hands down that was an incredible performance on its own. The story does get a bit confusing the closer it gets to the end, but I stayed for the leads.
Would have liked a fuller ending, like please, after all that intensity- solid 9/10.
I feel masses of guilt for Winwin because I had to drop this one. I couldn’t do it any longer with the slow as heck is that a burn or a smoulder and the FL was just too old. If its gonna be that big of an age diff-fine but what were they trying to pass off a 6 yr gap? Nope- and that made no sense either since they were apparently in college together. So, no thanks. Cast someone the actual age difference you are trying to portray. The storyline is meh too.
Great acting from a handful of the cast, sadly the script and the FL were appauling.
You can’t have a good drama when everything and everyone is revolving around one individual- there are no layers, no significant side plots. As a result you have a dumb naive FL character who is clueless and then so selfish and idiotic. She has no range of emotion either so continually the same blank stare, doesn’t help the fact that the writer gave her a terrible storyline to work with.
I’m not sure if the Director was trying to remake Cinderella and the Four Knights but if it was the plan they failed miserably. That show was awesome. This one forgettable.
Had a good concept but executed poorly. Far too many side plots and characters that really diluted the core of what the show could have been about. The constant break ups and the final refusal to get back together was such a break from the main character outlook that it just got beyond ridiculous. Too messy in those final 10 episodes. Writing all over the place.
Overall after skipping huge chunks I felt like I could finish this up and get it over with. Sadly.
Oh boy oh boy what on earth was that ending. Was already on the edge of 6/7 for the writers absolutely unfounded stupid breakup plot… but that ending?? Takes the biscuit. What a strange way to cap off what was some amazing delivered character growth arc for the ML and a well acted role for FL. Someone fire these writers. Ruined a potential 9/10 show with those two elements.
Like why spend SOOOOO many scenes with the bro and part timer for a sudden dive and it go nowhere. Like that was so irritating. Like screenwriter- either make them a cute couple at the end (with no accusations) or cut those scebes so they hsve short scenes to know whe she is. You don’t have your audience make sn emotional connection and then send them faking rape. It was so off and did not match her entire character the rest of the show. ugh.
Despite the fact I felt like this started off on the slow side (I’m not a fan of waiting for the first meeting of the leads) I do understand why it took its time to get moving. There was a lot of backstory they obviously wanted to lay out initially instead of a thousand flashbacks. There’s already too many flashbacks in dramas. As this series progressed it certainly picked up both speed and curiosity with the twists that came. I love the seconds in this show, and it was nice that we didn’t have to deal with the dumb love triangle trope!! Thanks writers!!
Stellar acting with a great cast, beautiful music and gorgeous locations. I enjoyed the reincarnation plot throughout- cleverly done. The ending felt very rushed and I wished it wasn’t necessary but I could see the point. Great series.
Deserved rating, this show is beautifully created-and has taken the top spot for me with my cdrama list, it barely nudged LLTG out of number 1. 😎 Buy I’m happy because I love these leads, and everything just fit right here. I was so glad there were no dumb tropes of the usual romance. The entire family was wonderful and I spent many moments admiring the hair styling of the Mama and FL.. long hair looking stunning. OST is gorgeous too… its hard to beat a show like this. 10/10, easy.
The sweetest and most beautifully written and acted high school to adulthood drama there is.. and holy cow Gu Ran he’s only 20? How on earth do these babies pull off legit mature adult human beings? Talented actors for sure. This 5 solid friends make this show what it is. The growth in the ML is incredible. Other cdrama writers take note… THIS. IS. HOW . ITS. DONE.
No stupid angst. No misunderstandings. No self sacrificing breakups just because the audience needs some tension (cos we really don’t). Nice use of time skips. Actually it felt right. I don’t want 50 draggy episodes. This was sheer perfection.
This is a very mid drama, the acting by those in the storyworld was sub par, and there’s no emotional connection to care about them. Ended up skipping a lot of that towards the end of the drama as I was so over it already. There’s too much repetition of tropes within this drama too, and that was disappointing. Oh, she’s in the hospital again, surprise!! 🤣
This drama would have been better at 18 or so episodes but the cdramas are improving and not giving us 40+ anymore which is nice. There needed to be a bit more chemistry between the leads, the FL’s always seem to give back a tiny portion as to what they received from ML and yes thats the writer tripping us all, but would love to see FL actually embrace relationships a bit more maturely. They are not 13 yr olds embarking on first crushes. Not endorsing intimate scenes per say, just a bit more grown up behavior would be nice.
All the guys run funny in this show, which will give you a smile. Overall, I enjoyed this drama for 3/4 of the time and then it started to feel tired. The way they ended the last 30 seconds was nice and uplifting. Nice to see.
If they hadn’t spent so long on the stupid back anc forth with those leads the drama would have been awesome.
we would have got:
faster relationship progression (same plot would be fine)
more couple time
future story a couple yrs later would have been satisfying here
mayors conclusion
and what was the deal with the man that knows everything and pops up everywhere 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Would have liked a fuller ending, like please, after all that intensity- solid 9/10.
You can’t have a good drama when everything and everyone is revolving around one individual- there are no layers, no significant side plots. As a result you have a dumb naive FL character who is clueless and then so selfish and idiotic. She has no range of emotion either so continually the same blank stare, doesn’t help the fact that the writer gave her a terrible storyline to work with.
I’m not sure if the Director was trying to remake Cinderella and the Four Knights but if it was the plan they failed miserably. That show was awesome. This one forgettable.
Overall after skipping huge chunks I felt like I could finish this up and get it over with. Sadly.
Stellar acting with a great cast, beautiful music and gorgeous locations. I enjoyed the reincarnation plot throughout- cleverly done. The ending felt very rushed and I wished it wasn’t necessary but I could see the point. Great series.
OST is gorgeous too… its hard to beat a show like this. 10/10, easy.
No stupid angst. No misunderstandings. No self sacrificing breakups just because the audience needs some tension (cos we really don’t). Nice use of time skips. Actually it felt right. I don’t want 50 draggy episodes. This was sheer perfection.
This drama would have been better at 18 or so episodes but the cdramas are improving and not giving us 40+ anymore which is nice. There needed to be a bit more chemistry between the leads, the FL’s always seem to give back a tiny portion as to what they received from ML and yes thats the writer tripping us all, but would love to see FL actually embrace relationships a bit more maturely. They are not 13 yr olds embarking on first crushes. Not endorsing intimate scenes per say, just a bit more grown up behavior would be nice.
All the guys run funny in this show, which will give you a smile. Overall, I enjoyed this drama for 3/4 of the time and then it started to feel tired. The way they ended the last 30 seconds was nice and uplifting. Nice to see.