Details

  • Last Online: 14 hours ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: November 12, 2025
Completed
Lately, It's Winter Season
0 people found this review helpful
Jun 26, 2026
8 of 8 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.5
Story 6.5
Acting/Cast 6.5
Music 7.5
Rewatch Value 7.5

A good mediocre show...

To be fair, the book wasn't much better and shared most of the serie's weaknesses (in fact the series was better in some aspects). This show is an enjoyable enough watch overall and I'm a sucker for the long-time friends trope so I'm being generous with my rating.

The main problems though? Both the writing and the acting left much to be desired. I could go on about it but I feel like others in the reviews already expressed my own opinions pretty well. I will say though that some plotlines absolutely needed to be cut and were sooo irrelevant to the story (cough cough mick and tul thrown in in the last eps)

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Duang with You
1 people found this review helpful
Apr 19, 2026
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.5
Story 7.5
Acting/Cast 7.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 8.0

Enjoyable overall

I almost clicked off the first 2 eps multiple times. The story just didn't suck me in, I would feel the urge to skip ahead or stop watching. I'm glad I stuck with it in the end, it started getting good for me in ep3 and the series as a whole was enjoyable. I do wish the secondary couple had an on screen declaration though but I still enjoyed their story. Not gonna lie, the English did cringe me out a bit, but I think people on the internet are making way too big of a deal over it. It truly didn't impact the story that much.
Was this review helpful to you?
22 hours ago
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 9.5
Acting/Cast 9.5
Music 10
Rewatch Value 8.5

The best bl I've watched in years

This show would be a solid 10 stars for me... If only it weren't for the second couple Haoyu and Han Lu.

To be fair I do think their plots added relevant commentary on the Chinese Showbiz industry, but their story was so disconnected from main plot and their characters just don't seem to work together. I rewatched this series and completely skipped every single one of their scenes and NOTHING was missing from the story. You can not see that they're in love with each other by watching them interact (as opposed to the other couples, who managed to portray their connection wordlessly throughout the show). I've seen some fans speculate that it may be an artistic choice; that they were trying to portray two young people who foolishly beleive that they're in love. If that really was the intention then they've succeeded, but it's still hindered the watching experience.

Other minor weak points of the show for me was Qinlang's acceptance speech, which compared to the extremely well thought out dialogue throughout the show, felt quite jarring and fake. I also was a bit put out by how Qinlang's grief was portrayed. I understand that his philosophical outlooks on life allowed him to "get over it" quicker, but I think that more remembrance, if not sadness, could have been shown. The switch in mood from one episode to the next felt unnatural.

Now, don't let my critiques discourage you from watching this show because it truly is a masterpiece!

The other pairings were amazing. The main couple had this uncanny romantic tension from the get go, yet they didn't rush their story either. The characters feel so grounded and the story is amazingly written. Not to mention the cinematography and the music!

I feel like the positive part of my review is too short to give the show justice, but I do have places to be so I'll leave it here.

Just give this a go, I'd recommend it to everyone if I could!

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?