• Join Date: February 10, 2019
Bloody Romance
Feb 10, 2019
I quite enjoyed this show. A typical Chinese-drama story line, the main couple Wan Mei and Chang An gradually fall in love only to face several tragic obstacles to their relationship.

In my opinion, the two leads acted very well. There were no kiss scenes in the show, but it was at the level of chemistry where you could tell they loved each other simply from the looks and occasional hugs they shared with one another. I am also very picky with background music, but Bloody Romance really nailed it - Especially with tragic/heart-wrenching scenes. The music really drives up the sad factor, loved it!

I didn't read the novel so I can't comment on what's different, but from the perspective of someone who's watched only the drama, my main gripe is that while the story started off great, it felt a little rushed and slightly unbelievable towards the end. It also felt as if the relationship of the main couple wasn't happy for that long. In fact, they suffered from misunderstandings more often than not. It got to a point where I was just sick and tired of the continuous tension in their relationship (I was also sick and tired of crying..... my heart hurt so bad seeing them suffer). But nonetheless, the romantic tension is so strong in some scenes you can almost taste it.

Ultimately.. this is not the drama you wanna watch for a fluffy and lighthearted romance. But if you're in a masochistic, ugh-pls-just-let-them-be-happy kinda mood with a craving for good acting, you've come to the right place. I would definitely rewatch this drama, if only to see the main couple together again!

P.S. The male lead actor Qu Chu Xiao gets hotter the more you see him *squeal*

Devilish Joy
Feb 28, 2019
Devilish Joy is a great drama to watch if you’re not looking for something serious or believable. It’s the kind of fairy tale romance that will never happen, and personally, it’s the drama I’d watch when I’m feeling single af and would like to feel happier HAHA.

Choi Jin Hyuk is great in this show. Despite what some might say, I actually found his chemistry with Song Ha Yoon very good. You can tell they like each other just from the way they look at each other. He has way more chemistry with the female lead in this drama than with any other female lead I’ve seen him with so far.

On the other hand, I feel that as a character, Song Ha Yoon didn’t leave that big of an impression in this drama. She’s the typical cute female lead with a big heart for Choi Jin Hyuk’s character. While her character undergoes a huge fall from grace (from top celebrity to murder suspect), the details aren’t fleshed out very well, and emotionally there isn’t much depth to her depiction of her character’s suffering.

Honestly, character development for both main leads are passable, but not great.

However, given the unrealistic setting of the drama, it’s best not to over-analyse the logic behind every development, otherwise you won’t enjoy the main leads’ acting! Look past the plot, enjoy their romance and their chemistry, and you’ll have a good time. I enjoyed myself enough, and their kiss scenes really sent me swooning. No regrets.